Kill Hitler and go to Hell

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
ultimate777
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Kill Hitler and go to Hell

Post by ultimate777 »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:I think there can be great value in impossible hypothetical questions. I think they can help you decide what is really most important to yourself and to others. They can help stimulate your mind so it can help you in more "practical" things.
How one responds to hypothetical questions can tell volumes about one's character. Especially if someone tries to change the hypotheticals.

But I could be all wrong, its happened before. What do you think?

Anyhow here is one for you, also:

Suppose you could go back in time to just before the war and kill Hitler, but you would go to Hell when you die, otherwise
you go to heaven for sure if you just stay here?

I would say it depends on what kind of evidence you had against Hitler before he did what he did.There were people warning about Hitler before he acted out like he did,but the majority did not seem to believe it until it was too late. But if you had good evidence against Hitler it would not be wrong to take him out before he did what he did. In the bible it is not necessarily a sin to kill,it is a sin to murder and there is a difference.
You changed the hypothetical. (Just now getting on to how to reply here :ebiggrin: )
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

Nessa wrote:The question kinda reminds me of this movie...

Your link didn't work :x
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

ultimate?
Nothing is worth hell?

What about if it saved everybody else?

I would, then.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

ultimate777 wrote:As the OP, to me its a no brainer, nothing, absolutely nothing, (am I clear?) is worth me going to hell. I hope others can avoid messing
around and get down to answering the question y[-o<
Uh... I did...
IceMobster wrote: I suppose you should change the name from Hitler to Stalin since the soviet union alone killed ~25 million Christians (so, this is the count of just Christians and not members of other religion or atheists...) and destroyed around 21 000 churches.

Makes you wonder why svastika is censored and the symbol for the other regime is not. Winners write history, yeah...

Anyway, I would not do that. It happened for a reason, even though it isn't clear to us what that reason is.
Plus, you can't decide who goes to heaven or hell, only God does that. Which makes the whole thing kinda redundant.
It's the same with the hypothetical situation in which you could choose between saving one of the two of your children. You don't know what you would do. You have to be in that situation to see what you would do.

Anyway, what would you do?
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

ultimate777 wrote:

It worked for me. Must be user error. :poke:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:ultimate?
Nothing is worth hell?

I would, then.
Storyteller,

Don't be a hero. Save yourself. Every man for himself. Women and children to the lifeboats!

:titanic:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

IceMobster wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:As the OP, to me its a no brainer, nothing, absolutely nothing, (am I clear?) is worth me going to hell. I hope others can avoid messing
around and get down to answering the question y[-o<
Uh... I did...
IceMobster wrote: I suppose you should change the name from Hitler to Stalin since the soviet union alone killed ~25 million Christians (so, this is the count of just Christians and not members of other religion or atheists...) and destroyed around 21 000 churches.

Makes you wonder why svastika is censored and the symbol for the other regime is not. Winners write history, yeah...

Anyway, I would not do that. It happened for a reason, even though it isn't clear to us what that reason is.
Plus, you can't decide who goes to heaven or hell, only God does that. Which makes the whole thing kinda redundant.
It's the same with the hypothetical situation in which you could choose between saving one of the two of your children. You don't know what you would do. You have to be in that situation to see what you would do.

Anyway, what would you do?
You said you would not but for entirely different reasons, fair enough.
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

RickD wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:

It worked for me. Must be user error. :poke:
Same difference, so what?
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

RickD wrote:
Nothing is worth hell?

I would, then.
Storyteller,

Don't be a hero. Save yourself. Every man for himself. Women and children to the lifeboats!

I suspect you were being sarcastic but I was being serious. Deadly serious. To pretend I feel otherwise might fool you, but it would't fool God, would it? To compare earthly death with hell is stupid at best.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

ultimate777 wrote:
RickD wrote:
Nothing is worth hell?

I would, then.
Storyteller,

I suspect you were being sarcastic but I was being serious. Deadly serious. To pretend I feel otherwise might fool you, but it would't fool God, would it? To compare earthly death with hell is stupid at best.
It's a nice thing to say, but that's just not how it works. You are responsible for your own choices. And so is everybody else.

You can no more go to hell, and have everyone else go to heaven, than take the pain away from your child when he's sick, and give it to yourself.

It's great if you care about others enough to say that though. The apostle Paul said something similar in Romans 9.

And of course I was teasing Storyteller.

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Just read it :)

I dont know why but I feel theres a message there, for me personally. Some answers. Just gotta figure it out.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

RickD wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:
RickD wrote:
Nothing is worth hell?

I would, then.
Storyteller,

It's a nice thing to say, but that's just not how it works. You are responsible for your own choices. And so is everybody else.

You can no more go to hell, and have everyone else go to heaven, than take the pain away from your child when he's sick, and give it to yourself.

It's great if you care about others enough to say that though. The apostle Paul said something similar in Romans 9.

My gosh, the trouble with SOME Christians is the are so darned slippery. You ask them a question and they change it around, or say something profound they know you already know, and goodness knows what else. I wonder how well they know what they are doing?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

ultimate777 wrote:
RickD wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:
RickD wrote:
Nothing is worth hell?

I would, then.
Storyteller,

My gosh, the trouble with SOME Christians is the are so darned slippery. You ask them a question and they change it around, or say something profound they know you already know, and goodness knows what else. I wonder how well they know what they are doing?
Could you translate that to understandable English for us simpletons please? :scratch:

-Edward R Murrow

crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

If a person Could go back in history and kill Hitler Before he had a chance to be responsible for events of the holocaust but end up in hell for murdering him, would a person do that?
No, because changing even One event would change other things -- and God is the Only one who knows Why some things are allowed to happen / the impact on each life involved, etc. No one would end up in hell because they murdered another person. It's the Lack of an action in a person's life that results in their ending up in hell. And Nothing is worth going to hell on purpose for. But I Do hear what you are asking.
My killing another person is sending the person into eternity. I don't know if that person is a believer or not. I know that I am, so if someone is going to die it should probably be Me cause I know where I'll be.
We make choices and live with the results. We learn from our choices.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I vote to go back in the DeLorean, kill Hitler, and go to heaven.

Sounds like a win-win.

-Edward R Murrow