Kill Hitler and go to Hell

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Kill Hitler and go to Hell

Post by crochet1949 »

Eternity is Forever and ever and ever. I've already made my choice and it's heaven for Me.

Those who would willingly spend that time in hell -- realizing what hell Is --well it is their personal choice.

Now another question could be. Back when German's willingly hid Jews / risking their lives in the process. If the soldiers came to Your house where you were hiding Jews -- we are told 'thou shalt not lie'. So, would a person be justified in lying to save the innocent life that was in hiding
There was a case I'd heard about -- the person hiding the Jewish lady actually Did admit they had her and she was taken into custody == Jewish people were being herded into trains to be taken to their deaths. As it happened One train ended up going the wrong place -- out of the country. Those people were actually taken To their Freedom. Guess who was on that train? The lady who'd been in hiding.
A person just never knows what doing the Right thing will end up accomplishing.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

I had a dream last night, that I went back in time to kill Hitler. When I arrived in Germany, I opened a door, and walked into my elementary school as a child, dressed only in my tighty whities.

Why do my dreams have ADD? I wanted to see what would happen to Hitler.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Seriously though without the flux capacitor it's all hypothetical!!

Okay if I had a time machine and I could use it to shape history I don't think I would go back and kill someone. Even if its Hitler.
No one is born evil.
I would much prefer to go back and try to influence him for the better. Change the circumstances.
To kill to prevent more killing seems to me like a progression of the nastier side of human nature. History unfortunately has many tyrants. Becoming one I think would do little to stop it.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

Good point -- Hitler was only one of many tyrants in history.

Wanting to go back and kill those who are going to kill many people -- Aren't we in effect 'playing God'? God allows both good and bad things -- and maybe - some of it is - to get Our attention. Maybe like parents who are Trying to get the attention of a rebellious child / teenager / Hoping that they will get the message and Stop Messing Around.
Killing a person is putting them in eternity Immediately. There Have been gangsters / murderers who Have found Jesus Christ as Savior while In Prison. They actually reach other inmates with Salvation.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

I would not kill Hitler, maybe it would create a paradox that would end all life in the universe, maybe someone worse would take his place and more people would die, maybe by changing the past the future changes and all the people who would have lived never do so I end up killing more people. Violence is never the answer, violence only creates more violence. You cannot change the past, you can only effect the present and the future will be a product of that.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Kind of a silly discussion, full of theoreticals. And if we are speaking of killing Hitler - as to what we would or wouldn't do if we could 1) travel back in time and encounter him as a child, and 2) we could KNOW for certain what he was going to do unless we altered that otherwise certainty by killing him - but that's all a pointless and theoretical scenario. But to kill the child would be to prevent the man he would certainly become (if we could know that) - as considering one child/one man's life for the senseless death of millions (many who would die as children) - from our limited perspective, that should be a no-brainer.

But God DID have purpose in allowing Hitler to come to power, fully knew all the hideous things he would do to the world, as He is the one who installs all leaders. And yet, God hates what Hitler did. But only God has the wisdom to know how someone like a Hitler could be purposely incorporated into His overall and eternal plan. Of course, God could have had Hitler drown as a child in the bathtub. And so, being ALL-knowing, WHY didn't He? We can't know the answer to that. It's disturbing some of the people who come to power, and yet Scripture indicates that GOD is the one who puts every king and leader on thrones and in office.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Why not go back in time to when he was a child and encourage him to be a painter or something? Or be a leader who'd make progress? Violence rarely is the answer.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

Philip wrote:Kind of a silly discussion, full of theoreticals. And if we are speaking of killing Hitler - as to what we would or wouldn't do if we could 1) travel back in time and encounter him as a child, and 2) we could KNOW for certain what he was going to do unless we altered that otherwise certainty by killing him - but that's all a pointless and theoretical scenario. But to kill the child would be to prevent the man he would certainly become (if we could know that) - as considering one child/one man's life for the senseless death of millions (many who would die as children) - from our limited perspective, that should be a no-brainer.

But God DID have purpose in allowing Hitler to come to power, fully knew all the hideous things he would do to the world, as He is the one who installs all leaders. And yet, God hates what Hitler did. But only God has the wisdom to know how someone like a Hitler could be purposely incorporated into His overall and eternal plan. Of course, God could have had Hitler drown as a child in the bathtub. And so, being ALL-knowing, WHY didn't He? We can't know the answer to that. It's disturbing some of the people who come to power, and yet Scripture indicates that GOD is the one who puts every king and leader on thrones and in office.

if we kill hitler, we would have to kill ourselves too.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Nessa wrote:
Philip wrote:Kind of a silly discussion, full of theoreticals. And if we are speaking of killing Hitler - as to what we would or wouldn't do if we could 1) travel back in time and encounter him as a child, and 2) we could KNOW for certain what he was going to do unless we altered that otherwise certainty by killing him - but that's all a pointless and theoretical scenario. But to kill the child would be to prevent the man he would certainly become (if we could know that) - as considering one child/one man's life for the senseless death of millions (many who would die as children) - from our limited perspective, that should be a no-brainer.

if we kill hitler, we would have to kill ourselves too.
Y tho?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member