Does God have faith in you?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Does God have faith in you?

Post by Nessa »

Mallz,

So you are saying my paraphase is tougher than what he says in the OT?

God sees us through Jesus full stop. He doesnt view us as 'our future selves' as such
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

God still sees us as mortals tho as well
Psalm 103:14
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

So if God believes in us that means he has confidence in us right?

Philippians 3:3,4
Isaiah 2:22

Paul himself would only ever boast in the Lord and what the Lord could do. Even tho Paul had good reason to put confidence in himself, he didnt.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Male

Post by Mallz »

Nessa: So you are saying my paraphase is tougher than what he says in the OT?
God sees us through Jesus full stop. He doesnt view us as 'our future selves' as such
No, I'm saying your perspective is wrong because it's based off of incomplete knowledge, 'jumping the gun'.
I'll have to dig up verses to show it expressed.
It was Paul (I'm very sure, if not it's Peter) who told us He looks at us as not how we are, but who we are through Christ and in our glorified state. If He looked at us as we are now, He would be looking at and dealing with sinners. He's not looking at sinners (this is one of the things Christ has overcome and we can with Him). Once we sin and hold up our end of the relationship (repent) it's as if it never existed in consequences, to us personally. Yes, it is only with/through Jesus He can have faith in us. And in doing so He is having faith in Himself first and last, and in the 'relationship'. Which we exist in. But never would if we don't choose Jesus.

Just on the side: Did you know the main reason the Word became Jesus and we are made new in likeness to Him is so we can play together?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

RickD
"We are made up of Himself"?

Mallz wrote:
Yes. How could anything exist without Him sustaining it? Everything comes from Him and is a part of Him (where does He get it? Himself). Something can't come come nothing. Everything we know, is stemming from and sustained by Him (and much we don't). There is no such thing as 'outside' Elohim. Which is why we are made up of Him, breath Him, eat Him, etc.
Sounds like pantheism. Me no likey pantheism.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Mallz wrote:
Nessa: So you are saying my paraphase is tougher than what he says in the OT?
No, I'm saying your perspective is wrong because it's based off of incomplete knowledge, 'jumping the gun'.
I'll have to dig up verses to show it expressed.
It was Paul (I'm very sure, if not it's Peter) who told us He looks at us as not how we are, but who we are through Christ and in our glorified state. If He looked at us as we are now, He would be looking at and dealing with sinners. He's not looking at sinners (this is one of the things Christ has overcome and we can with Him). Once we sin and hold up our end of the relationship (repent) it's as if it never existed in consequences, to us personally. Yes, it is only with/through Jesus He can have faith in us. And in doing so He is having faith in Himself first and last, and in the 'relationship'. Which we exist in. But never would if we don't choose Jesus.

Just on the side: Did you know the main reason the Word became Jesus and we are made new in likeness to Him is so we can play together?
I still dont get what you mean by me 'jumping the gun' etc?

God sees us through Christ in the here and now. That doesn't mean though that cos he's timeless that he doesn't also see us in the future.

So 'we can play together'? Like in the sandpit? :P Sorry, it just sounds a bit funny.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

Sounds like pantheism. Me no likey pantheism.
Sounds like it, but not what I'm putting forward.
Think of it this way (and show me if I'm wrong), our bodies are made up many things, materials, right? What are those materials made up of? What are atoms and particles made up of? Elohim created everything, right? And everything is sustained by Him, right? If we are not made up of God, if we are not 'inside' Him and living 'in and through' Him, then what could we possibly be made up of? And where could we possibly be? Colossians 1:17 <-snippet example

Arg... We are not God. But we come from Him and are made up of what is in Him. We do not have His divinity or nature. Our bodies are His as everything existing is. We are sustained by Him through food and spiritual nourishment. Our relationship with Him is purely relational. Everything else is from Him, sustained by Him and goes to Him. What do we have to offer except our persons?
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

So 'we can play together'? Like in the sandpit? :P Sorry, it just sounds a bit funny.
Pretty much :ewink: :ebiggrin:
(unless your making a reference here I'm not getting, :lol: )

I want to describe what I'm saying, I'm having a really hard time though. And I don't know if I'm going to be able to do a study with the Bible until a couple days (in my work stretch) but I'll try.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Arent we made up of dust and dirt.....doesn't sound like God to me..
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

We are born again through the spirit. Those of dust and dirt are dead and never born of spirit. We are much more than our physical shells, Nessa. These are just temporary houses.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Mallz wrote:
Pretty much :ewink: :ebiggrin:
(unless your making a reference here I'm not getting, :lol: )

I want to describe what I'm saying, I'm having a really hard time though. And I don't know if I'm going to be able to do a study with the Bible until a couple days (in my work stretch) but I'll try.
Well, thats no fair..I suck at sandcastles :P...at least I guess he will play nice - no thowing sand in my eyes!
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Mallz wrote:We are born again through the spirit. Those of dust and dirt are dead and never born of spirit. We are much more than our physical shells, Nessa. These are just temporary houses.
We are still made of dust and dirt...are you saying that we arent really made up off that? Who else thinks this? Its new to me..
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Our spirit...our real self....is not made up of God himself.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

Nessa: We are still made of dust and dirt...are you saying that we arent really made up off that? Who else thinks this? Its new to me..
You misunderstand.. Read 2 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians 5:17 (around this area specifically) Also, John 3: 6

We were all born by the flesh into death. We have to be born again by the spirit. Our mortality, our flesh is to be slain. Flesh cannot inherit the Kingdom of YHWH. (and P.s. Paul boasts a lot. Just not how you think)
Hmm? What do you think it is made up of? Again, our spirit is not diving but comes from, thrives continuously from Elohim. How are we not made up of Him? (just don't equate divinity with creation).
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Mallz wrote:
Nessa: We are still made of dust and dirt...are you saying that we arent really made up off that? Who else thinks this? Its new to me..
You misunderstand.. Read 2 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians 5:17 (around this area specifically) Also, John 3: 6

We were all born by the flesh into death. We have to be born again by the spirit. Our mortality, our flesh is to be slain. Flesh cannot inherit the Kingdom of YHWH. (and P.s. Paul boasts a lot. Just not how you think)
Hmm? What do you think it is made up of? Again, our spirit is not diving but comes from, thrives continuously from Elohim. How are we not made up of Him? (just don't equate divinity with creation).
Yes, I mean I know all that bout the flesh and we are a new creation because we are born again but I have yet to see a scripture that says we are actually made up of God.