Several questions concerning the fall and evil

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
MAGSolo
Valued Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male

Re: Several questions concerning the fall and evil

Post by MAGSolo »

I asked you earlier about Gods love and you didnt respond. Will you now answer? What kind of love is Gods love?
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

MAGSolo wrote:I asked you earlier about Gods love and you didnt respond. Will you now answer? What kind of love is Gods love?
God IS love, this is what you seem to not realize.
The very notion of Love is from God, is impossible without God as its source.
MAGSolo
Valued Member
Christian: No

Post by MAGSolo »

So how can an atheist love then? How can people from countries and cultures that dont believe in God love?
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

MAGSolo wrote:So how can an atheist love then? How can people from countries and cultures that dont believe in God love?
God exists whether they believe in him or not, if they don't believe this does not negate the love that flows from God and because we are made in his image we love naturally.

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

MAGSolo wrote:So what do you think of Gods love? What kind of love is it?
Your answer is in 1Corinthians 13:4-8. But be forewarned, you will not understand what you will read there. As for this question,
MAGSolo wrote:So how can an atheist love then? How can people from countries and cultures that dont believe in God love?
The simplest answer is that we have a God-given desire of to love and be loved and we try to reproduce this in our lives, even if we fail miserably. Danieltwotwenty says the same thing in a nicer manner:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:God exists whether they believe in him or not, if they don't believe this does not negate the love that flows from God and because we are made in his image we love naturally.
As time goes by, we will be less and less able to love and have satisfying relationships because the world is getting wonderfully nasty and mean-spirited, as per biblical prophecy.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

I would use one single word to define love: creation. Without love there is nothing.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

To add to what others have said, God loves ALL, whether they love Him back or not.
As the source of all love, the source of what love is, the source of love, God gives love to all the created order.
Of course only humans, who are in image of God, can understand that love, to comprehend it in a conscious way beyond the fact they they "just exist".
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
MAGSolo wrote:So what do you think of Gods love? What kind of love is it?
Your answer is in 1Corinthians 13:4-8. But be forewarned, you will not understand what you will read there.
Have you understood MAGSolo? How have you understood that?
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart