Is God inconsistent...or are Christians?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Is God inconsistent...or are Christians?

Post by BavarianWheels »

Gman wrote:Ok... Then why did God tell us to abstain from homosexual behavior and other sexual sins? How could someone with a genetic disposition ever accomplish that?
Word play.

Then why did God tell us to abstain from sinful behavior and all sin? How could someone that is sinful from conception with a genetic disposition ever accomplish that?
Gman wrote:
BavarianWheels wrote:Btw...I'm really glad you have conquered all your sin habits and all your choices are perfect now. You are one among...well, none. You are the only one in history to do so. Congratulations! We now know the Bible is wrong...thank you.
Did I ever say I conquered all my sins? I never said I was perfect.. What I'm saying is that you can break the habit if you want. But all sin? I'm sure I might sin again because of what is in my heart.. Not my genetics.

Btw.. You should watch the SDA Hope channel sometime. Last week they had an entire show on victory over sin where they quoted 1 Cor 6:11, Romans 6:12, Romans 6:13-14, etc..
If you knew me personally, you'd actually SEE me on the HOPE channel. But that's not here nor there.

Actually you did say you conquered all your sin habits. Do need your words quoted back to you...again?
Gman wrote:Stop giving people a false hope...
Which false hope do you speak of. Don't throw out accusations and leave them up in the air. Let's be honest and state the false hope YOU SAY I am giving. Now go up a few sentences are re-read the line under WORD PLAY then let's reexamine this accusation you so freely throw about.
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by BavarianWheels »

Gman wrote:Therefore homosexuality is an excepted lifestyle..
More false accusations...when will this end?

btw, it's accepted, not excepted. :shakehead:
Last edited by BavarianWheels on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

jlay wrote:Gman,
You've broken ALL your sin habits? That's a bold statement.

Dear Lord, save us from your followers.
Funny... I never said that I conquered them all.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Ok... I'm locking this thread. I think we've had enough play here...
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8