Life in heaven

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Life in heaven

Post by B. W. »

1over137 wrote:
B. W. wrote:I do think we will be surprised by how many people we had written off as unsavable will meet us in heaven,
...But, isn't it true that you only go to Heaven after admitting that you are a sinner and that Jesus is your saviour?
It is true, salvation only thru Christ Jesus and I should have rephrased that this way:

I do think we will be surprised by how many people we had written off as unsavable will meet us in heaven who had come to Christ maybe moments, days, weeks, months before passing away...

That captures better what I was tryingto say. Maybe Richard Feynman was one like that, I do not know. None of us can earn our own place in heaven, know matter how good we may appear to be. All need to come to Christ.
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Legatus
Established Member
Sex: Male
Location: California, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Legatus »

One thing about heaven, it won't be forever...
What we know of heaven indicates that it is outside this speace/time contuum. There isn't really actual matter, or energy, or anything there, nor is there time, since time is a product of matter. God will supply an illusion of such for people who get there, so that isn't a problem (although without there being time it may seem slightly wierd at first). However, God specifically mentioned that when he comes back to earth, there would be a "new heavens and a new earth". The word heavens, plural, is the word for planets and stars and such in this physical universe. We will thus be in a newly made, physical universe, which being physical, will have time. We will thus be able to change and grow, and are being prepared now to better appreciate that and interact in that with the people who also made it there. The new universe, since God the creater is present, may also change and grow. Since this will go on forever, it is no wonder God says that now we cannot understand it, since both we and it may change a lot over eternity. Speculating on it is above my pay grade, except to say that it won't be boring.

of course, some would immediatly jump on this idea and say that we will evolve into Gods. Well, even if we got twice as powerfull and twice as smart every second for a million years, our power and smartness compared to Gods sould still be the exact same ratio as now, finite compared to infinite. besides, I kinda doubt anything like that would happen, since I doubt we could handle it, God will know what we can handle and do that.

Oh, and a physical universe can have physical cars. To start with, that is, I imagine that, after cars, soemthing better will come along, and then something better yet...this week, muscle cars :ebiggrin: , next week, rocket cars :shock: , the week after that y:O2 .
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

I wonder how much will people know in Heaven since Adam and Eve were punished for eating the apple from the tree of knowledge. I'd like to know (as a physicist) whether there ar other forces, particles, laws, etc. Well, I'd like to know everything.

What do you think?
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

better than they know right now. also if heaven is physical (made of matter) than of course there would be laws of physics, not that there is anything wrong in the idea either. I seriously do not think that heaven and matter and time would be illusions, it is wild speculation at best.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

A piece of heaven: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmpBdkFVxSw
Enjoy. The singer is only 12 years old. What a gift from God. By the way, what do you guys think, what are you gifted in?
(Hopefully, I am not off topic. I think that gifts from God and life in heaven are closely related.)

GB.
Hana.

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DannyM »

1over137 wrote:A piece of heaven: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmpBdkFVxSw
Enjoy. The singer is only 12 years old. What a gift from God. By the way, what do you guys think, what are you gifted in?
That was very good, although she didn't sing and I think she mimed. But obviously a talent

I'm gifted in listening to and learning from other, more gifted people

Unashamedly :)
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

DannyM wrote: I'm gifted in listening to and learning from other, more gifted people
Unashamedly :)
People like Rich Deem, yes? :esmile: Thinking about scientists now, I wonder what scientists (doing theory) will do in Heaven. On this Earth they explore and try to understand the creation of God and if they are told in Heaven how stuff works ..., well. They would have to probably move to applied physics. :esmile:

#foreverinmyheart
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DannyM »

1over137 wrote:
People like Rich Deem, yes?
Sure I've learnt from Rich.
1over137 wrote:Thinking about scientists now, I wonder what scientists (doing theory) will do in Heaven. On this Earth they explore and try to understand the creation of God and if they are told in Heaven how stuff works ..., well. They would have to probably move to applied physics. :esmile:
Ha-ha so you think scientists might be scratching around in heaven for a lab? :)
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia