Newtown Massacre & Gun Control

Discuss strengths and weaknesses of new pages added to the God And Science website
User avatar
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3295
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:55 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Lower Canuckistan

Re: Newtown Massacre & Gun Control

Postby Furstentum Liechtenstein » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:40 pm

Philip wrote:Yes, Rick - this is pretty scary stuff. But the nefarious tactics of Obama and co, always eager to apply Chicago-style guerrilla tactics to politics, can never be trusted. But how could anyone who already knew what Obama was all about ever be surprised at him going after the nation's guns? He never fails to exploit a crisis or tragedy. But so few voters appear to be critical thinkers, that they just keep drinking whatever cool-aid he's selling.


It is disheartening to watch your nation go downhill. Two years ago, I bought a bank-repo US-registered motorhome sight-unseen over the internet because the price was so ridiculously low. Last evening, my wife showed me a bank-repo Florida trailer-park home - completely furnished and landscaped - for the fire-sale price of $35K. ''If you want it, we'll buy it'' I told her.

A bad economy, poor morals, overwhelming debt...where did you guys go wrong? You used to be the beacon, now you're the shoals.

FL y**==
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 17183
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Living in Parricide just north of Jacob's bosom

Re: Newtown Massacre & Gun Control

Postby RickD » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:55 pm

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
It is disheartening to watch your nation go downhill. Two years ago, I bought a bank-repo US-registered motorhome sight-unseen over the internet because the price was so ridiculously low. Last evening, my wife showed me a bank-repo Florida trailer-park home - completely furnished and landscaped - for the fire-sale price of $35K. ''If you want it, we'll buy it'' I told her.

FL y**==


FL, here's a picture of the trailer park home you had me look at for you. You better buy it quickly.
Good landscaped homes at that price are rare. Take special note of the beautiful landscsaping and the rare Florida mountain views. Here's the little gem:
Image
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3295
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:55 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Lower Canuckistan

Re: Newtown Massacre & Gun Control

Postby Furstentum Liechtenstein » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:10 pm

RickD wrote:
FL, here's a picture of the trailer park home you had me look at for you. You better buy it quickly.
Good landscaped homes at that price are rare. Take special note of the beautiful landscsaping and the rare Florida mountain views. Here's the little gem:
Image


Hummm...I've been to Florida many times but I've yet to see a mountain there... you are one GREAT realtor! y:O2 You are amazing! Now...if I can only get my wife to say yes to my Rolls Royce fantasy, we could have that spectacular Florida mountainview trailer home with a swanky ride parked outside!

That's Klass!

FL 8)
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +

User avatar
B. W.
Board Moderator
Posts: 7659
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:17 am
Christian: Yes
Location: Colorado

Re: Newtown Massacre & Gun Control

Postby B. W. » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:37 am

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
RickD wrote:
FL, here's a picture of the trailer park home you had me look at for you. You better buy it quickly.
Good landscaped homes at that price are rare. Take special note of the beautiful landscsaping and the rare Florida mountain views. Here's the little gem:
Image


Hummm...I've been to Florida many times but I've yet to see a mountain there... you are one GREAT realtor! y:O2 You are amazing! Now...if I can only get my wife to say yes to my Rolls Royce fantasy, we could have that spectacular Florida mountainview trailer home with a swanky ride parked outside!

That's Klass!

FL 8)


Wait a minute, where's the swamp? You need a pet gator to go hiking with you in that tall Florida Hill Country... Keeps them Sketters away...

Real bargain if ya toss in a nearby swamp!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

User avatar
August
Old School
Posts: 2402
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:22 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Newtown Massacre & Gun Control

Postby August » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:58 am

B. W. wrote:
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
RickD wrote:
FL, here's a picture of the trailer park home you had me look at for you. You better buy it quickly.
Good landscaped homes at that price are rare. Take special note of the beautiful landscsaping and the rare Florida mountain views. Here's the little gem:
Image


Hummm...I've been to Florida many times but I've yet to see a mountain there... you are one GREAT realtor! y:O2 You are amazing! Now...if I can only get my wife to say yes to my Rolls Royce fantasy, we could have that spectacular Florida mountainview trailer home with a swanky ride parked outside!

That's Klass!

FL 8)


Wait a minute, where's the swamp? You need a pet gator to go hiking with you in that tall Florida Hill Country... Keeps them Sketters away...

Real bargain if ya toss in a nearby swamp!
-
-
-


Y'all know that them trailers are tornado magnets, right?
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

http://www.omnipotentgrace.org
http://christianskepticism.blogspot.com

User avatar
Canuckster1127
Old School
Posts: 5308
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Sterling, VA
Contact:

Re: Newtown Massacre & Gun Control

Postby Canuckster1127 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:47 pm

The last tornado to go through a Florida trailer park did about $2 million dollars in improvements.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender

http://bartsbarometer.com/

User avatar
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3295
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:55 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Lower Canuckistan

Re: Newtown Massacre & Gun Control

Postby Furstentum Liechtenstein » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:43 pm

Canuckster1127 wrote:The last tornado to go through a Florida trailer park did about $2 million dollars in improvements.


:pound:

B. W. wrote:Wait a minute, where's the swamp? You need a pet gator to go hiking with you in that tall Florida Hill Country... Keeps them Sketters away...


All I want to keep away are Canadians; unfortunately, Florida is infested by them!

August wrote:Y'all know that them trailers are tornado magnets, right?


Yes...and thankfully! my wife has decided against the trailer park home. Even so, this one park did interest me - sort-of - because it is owned by Trinity Broadcasting Network. Isn't TBN God's realtor?...and, it is located in a place with an evangelical-sounding name...

TT (TrailerTrash, my soon-to-be new moniker)

PS...and what about my original question? Where did Americans go wrong???
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 17183
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Living in Parricide just north of Jacob's bosom

Re: Newtown Massacre & Gun Control

Postby RickD » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:04 pm

TT wrote:
PS...and what about my original question? Where did Americans go wrong???


In Canada! :wave:
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3295
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:55 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Lower Canuckistan

Re: Newtown Massacre & Gun Control

Postby Furstentum Liechtenstein » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:25 pm

RickD wrote:
TT wrote:
PS...and what about my original question? Where did Americans go wrong???


In Canada! :wave:


In the American Articles of Confederation, * article 11 reads as follows:

Canada, acceding to this Confederation, and joining in the measures of the United States, shall be admitted into and entitled to all the advantages of this Union; but no other colony shall be admitted into the same, unless such admission be agreed to by nine States.

So, Canada could have become part of the USA had she chosen to. Too bad Canada declined: I would love to give you guys Toronto.

Anyway, there is still no serious answer to my question,

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:A bad economy, poor morals, overwhelming debt...where did you guys go wrong? You used to be the beacon, now you're the shoals.


Any takers?

FL y~o)

*Full title: Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union between the States of New Hampshire, Massachusetts Bay, Rhode Island and Providence Plantations, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia.
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +

User avatar
B. W.
Board Moderator
Posts: 7659
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:17 am
Christian: Yes
Location: Colorado

Re: Newtown Massacre & Gun Control

Postby B. W. » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:14 pm

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
RickD wrote:
TT wrote:
PS...and what about my original question? Where did Americans go wrong???


In Canada! :wave:


In the American Articles of Confederation, * article 11 reads as follows:

Canada, acceding to this Confederation, and joining in the measures of the United States, shall be admitted into and entitled to all the advantages of this Union; but no other colony shall be admitted into the same, unless such admission be agreed to by nine States.

So, Canada could have become part of the USA had she chosen to. Too bad Canada declined: I would love to give you guys Toronto.

Anyway, there is still no serious answer to my question,

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
A bad economy, poor morals, overwhelming debt...where did you guys go wrong? You used to be the beacon, now you're the shoals.


Any takers?

FL y~o)


Well for Starters notice the article below...

Terrorism Center at West Point Warns Against Danger of American Limited-Government Activists and ‘Far Right’
Blaze Article

The West Point professor said anti-federalists “espouse strong convictions regarding the federal government, believing it to be corrupt and tyrannical, with a natural tendency to intrude on individuals’ civil and constitutional rights. Finally, they support civil activism, individual freedoms, and self government...

According to the Washington Times, the report also draws correlation between mainstream conservatism and what it dubs the violent “far right.” The study then goes on to laud liberals as forward-thinking while maintaining that conservatives harbor a more archaic mindset.

While liberal worldviews are future- or progressive -oriented, conservative perspectives are more past-oriented, and in general, are interested in preserving the status quo,” the report states.

The far right represents a more extreme version of conservatism, as its political vision is usually justified by the aspiration to restore or preserve values and practices that are part of the idealized historical heritage of the nation or ethnic community.”

Citing a reported 350 “attacks initiated by far-right groups/individuals” in 2011, the analysis characterizes the liberal-democratic system as inclusive and “designed to emphasize civil rights” while far-right ideology inherently “excludes” minorities.

Perlinger’s study, however, has not gone without meeting a degree of criticism. Speaking to the Times, a Republican congressional staffer slammed: “If [the Defense Department] is looking for places to cut spending, this junk study is ground zero.”

He added that the Combating Terrorism Center should be focused on radical Islam and, at the least, publish a companion report underlying the dangers of left-wing terror groups like “the Animal Liberation Front, Earth Liberation Front, and the Weather Underground.” (And I would add ...or Occupy Wall Street and Anarchist who destroyed public property, defecated on Police cars)


Notice the underlined parts of the article regarding how the progressive liberal agenda is made out as noble and pure as the driven snow, while conservatives are, well, demonized into stereotypical Neanderthals backwoods hick buffoons just because their ideas on limited Government, low taxes, are wrong because these ideas just plain old and not hip with new with the liberal jive line... swing it baby!

That's the reason, FL; the Progressive, never let a good crisis go to waste, Left. You have one side determined to pit people against one another and in so doing, selling their wares of their new governance methods as the only best solution to solve all problems in life. Out with the old tried and proven ways, instead - spend your way to property - print more money - and all will be only a bed of roses! We're the good guys - we won't hurt you...

Well, if it sounds to good to be true, than it is...
.
-
-
This garbage taught at West Point - God help us...
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

User avatar
Canuckster1127
Old School
Posts: 5308
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Sterling, VA
Contact:

Re: Newtown Massacre & Gun Control

Postby Canuckster1127 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:18 am

People never answer my question either, when I ask them if they're still beating their wife.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender

http://bartsbarometer.com/

User avatar
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3295
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:55 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Lower Canuckistan

Re: Newtown Massacre & Gun Control

Postby Furstentum Liechtenstein » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:48 am

Canuckster1127 wrote:People never answer my question either, when I ask them if they're still beating their wife.


My question wasn't loaded but your remark is. :shakehead: What's with you lately?! are you nostalgic for the socialist nation that saw you come into the world?!

B. W. wrote:This garbage [is] taught at West Point - God help us...


I'm sure God is helping your country. There are still plenty of people praying for the USA, for Israel and for your common enemies. Still, the future doesn't look too bright.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +

User avatar
Canuckster1127
Old School
Posts: 5308
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Sterling, VA
Contact:

Re: Newtown Massacre & Gun Control

Postby Canuckster1127 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:51 am

"Where did America go wrong" is not a loaded question? You may want to check your definitions again. ;)
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender

http://bartsbarometer.com/

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 17183
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Living in Parricide just north of Jacob's bosom

Re: Newtown Massacre & Gun Control

Postby RickD » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:40 pm

FL wrote:
PS...and what about my original question? Where did Americans go wrong???

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:A bad economy, poor morals, overwhelming debt...where did you guys go wrong? You used to be the beacon, now you're the shoals.


FL, how else would a bad economy, and overwhelming debt happen?
By spending more than we have. By borrowing more than we can pay back. It's not rocket surgery.

As far as the U.S. being a beacon for morals, can you give me some examples where the U. S. was a beacon of morality where we're not anymore? Call me cynical, but I look at our history as a nation, and I see a lot of what I would call immorality. Not really a whole lot different than modern U. S. The people of the U. S. may be the most generous in the world. Just look at what happens after natural disasters around the world. Which country's people consistently give the most to help. Without looking at the stats if there are any, I would guess the U. S. is at the top.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3295
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:55 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Lower Canuckistan

Re: Newtown Massacre & Gun Control

Postby Furstentum Liechtenstein » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:59 pm

Canuckster1127 wrote:"Where did America go wrong" is not a loaded question? You may want to check your definitions again. ;)


OK, how would a subversive socialist immigrant - now a naturalized American undermining that great nation's traditions - like yourself, how would you have asked the question? y:D

RickD wrote:FL, how else would a bad economy, and overwhelming debt happen?
By spending more than we have. By borrowing more than we can pay back. It's not rocket surgery.


Rocket surgery...? :pound:

RickD wrote:As far as the U.S. being a beacon for morals, can you give me some examples where the U. S. was a beacon of morality where we're not anymore?


I was refering to a beacon among the free/prosperous nations of the world, not to a ''beacon of morality''. Sorry that I didn't make that clear.

RickD wrote: The people of the U. S. may be the most generous in the world. Just look at what happens after natural disasters around the world. Which country's people consistently give the most to help. Without looking at the stats if there are any, I would guess the U. S. is at the top.


Yes, Americans are the most generous in aid. Israel is not far behind.

FL y**==
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +


Return to “New Page Critiques”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest