smoking

Discuss strengths and weaknesses of new pages added to the God And Science website
qualheina
Newbie Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Framework

smoking

Post by qualheina »

What are the odds of getting a smoking related medical condition if you smoke? You can't stop hearing about how you're going to get cancer and emphasima, but you never see any actual statistics. What are the odds of getting a smoking related illness if you smoke a pack a day for a year, two years? Can anyone here enlighten me?
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: smoking

Post by DannyM »

You don't have to be a genius to work out that smoking is bad for you and dangerous, Full Stop. If you're worried about it, don't smoke. I smoke snout. I'm stupid. I know the risks. Two years, twenty years, whatever!
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

qualheina wrote:What are the odds of getting a smoking related medical condition if you smoke? You can't stop hearing about how you're going to get cancer and emphasima, but you never see any actual statistics. What are the odds of getting a smoking related illness if you smoke a pack a day for a year, two years? Can anyone here enlighten me?

Anyway, smoking. Yeah it seems from research it is unhealthy, but then again there always seems to be an exception to the rule. For example my grandfather smoked two packs of full flavor cigs a day, and never once had the negative effects. That is to say other than the yellow teeth and the addiction. Look smoking is a waste of time and money and it smells very bad, and yes it can be detrimental to your health, so if I were you, I would not do it. Please consider the implications carefully, does the good out weigh the bad? And are you ready for the consequences? Best of luck and prayers to you.
God Bless!
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

DannyM wrote:You don't have to be a genius to work out that smoking is bad for you and dangerous, Full Stop. If you're worried about it, don't smoke. I smoke snout. I'm stupid. I know the risks. Two years, twenty years, whatever!
Nice to hear from you bro! God Bless you and I have been praying for you! I hope you can free yourself from the snout, as it is called... I think...
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Gabrielman wrote:
DannyM wrote:You don't have to be a genius to work out that smoking is bad for you and dangerous, Full Stop. If you're worried about it, don't smoke. I smoke snout. I'm stupid. I know the risks. Two years, twenty years, whatever!
Nice to hear from you bro! God Bless you and I have been praying for you! I hope you can free yourself from the snout, as it is called... I think...
Thanks Gab. it's my one vice, along with a nice cold pig's ear! Hope you're double well brother.

Peace to you.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DannyM wrote:
Gabrielman wrote:
Thanks Gab. it's my one vice, along with a nice cold pig's ear! Hope you're double well brother.

Peace to you.
Danny, What is snout?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

RickD wrote:
DannyM wrote:
Gabrielman wrote:

Peace to you.
Danny, What is snout?
Cigarettes Rick.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Vansdad
Newbie Member

Post by Vansdad »

Although it may not be possible to say exactly if a person died directly from smoking the stats are overwhelming. And to just see a single smoker die from cancer is enough for me. Of course it makes no mention of how much or how long the people for this survey smoked.

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancercaus ... fact-sheet

Women smokers are 25.7 times more likely than women who never smoked to develop lung cancer. For men smokers, it’s 25 times the risk of men who never smoked. (Source: US Surgeon General Report 2014)
Ecclesiastes 11:5 King James Version (KJV)

5 As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who maketh all.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Vansdad wrote:Women smokers are 25.7 times more likely than women who never smoked to develop lung cancer. For men smokers, it’s 25 times the risk of men who never smoked. (Source: US Surgeon General Report 2014)
Now I'm worried. My wife served me smoked salmon tonight but she didn't have any...Is she trying to kill me slowly?

(I didn't even know salmon could smoke...)

FL y~:>
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Lonewolf
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Lonewolf »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Vansdad wrote:Women smokers are 25.7 times more likely than women who never smoked to develop lung cancer. For men smokers, it’s 25 times the risk of men who never smoked. (Source: US Surgeon General Report 2014)
Now I'm worried. My wife served me smoked salmon tonight but she didn't have any...Is she trying to kill me slowly?

of course fish smoke .,

watch the proof v v v v

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGniqwpIMyg
Your outward profession of having put on Christ, has as yet to put off Plato from your heart!
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Lonewolf wrote:of course fish smoke ., watch the proof v v v vhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGniqwpIMyg
Poor fish... :shakehead:

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

What are the odds of getting a smoking related medical condition if you smoke?
The odds are 3,720 to 1. y:-?

Oh wait... Those are the odds of successfully navigating an asteroid field. My bad. y#-o
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Vansdad
Newbie Member

Post by Vansdad »

Sad thing to make a joke out of. But I've seen the effects so I might just be a tad more sensitive to it
Ecclesiastes 11:5 King James Version (KJV)

5 As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who maketh all.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Vansdad wrote:

Sad thing to make a joke out of. But I've seen the effects so I might just be a tad more sensitive to it
The effects of smoked salmon? Do tell... y:-?

-Edward R Murrow