Book Review: There Is a God: How the World's Most Notorious

Discuss strengths and weaknesses of new pages added to the God And Science website
Rich
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Book Review: There Is a God: How the World's Most Notorious

Post by Rich »

Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Book Review: There Is a God: How the World's Most Notorious

Post by Canuckster1127 »

This is on my to be read list.

I appreciate the thoughtful review on this. I participate over on a DB on Amazon for book reviewers (I have about 160 books reviewed on that site) and when I saw this earlier it prompted me to ask others there who are atheists or agnostics if they had read it. It's generated some discussion that now I've got to follow-up and read this so I can respond by knowing what Flew himself said.

I think it's important to remember (as you do) that Flew's transition is from Atheist to Deist and not an orthodox Christian by any means. Nevertheless, his position in terms of a spokesman and one of the most vociferous arguers against any recognition or possibility of the existence of God and the change in position he takes now, combined with his rationale for why he made the change, offers important things for all Christians, especially those engaging with the scientific community, to consider.

Thanks for the heads up Rich!
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Rich
Honored Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Book Review: There Is a God: How the World's Most Notorious

Post by Rich »

Yes, Flew is quite far from becoming a Christian. As a former atheist myself, it seemed much easier to become a deist than to become a Christian. Looking back, I think there is much more spiritual warfare involved in the latter decision. Satan doesn't want to give up his own easily.