My Dad

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: My Dad

Post by Philip »

y[-o<
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Storyteller wrote:Dad had a very bad night last night, doctors sedated him this morning, i had planned to go and see him after work but after talking to my brother at lunchtime we decided to let him sleep. My brother called late afternoon saying the nurses suggested we go see him. He has an infection that they say isn't worth treating. He is sedated and the next 24 hours are critical. He cant swallow now so all his meds are being given with a morphine pump. There is a slight chance he will rally round but it is extremely unlikely.
Sat with him for a little while.
I think he is nearing the end.
Do you know if he has made his peace with God?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

y[-o<
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by Storyteller »

Kurieuo wrote:
Storyteller wrote:Dad had a very bad night last night, doctors sedated him this morning, i had planned to go and see him after work but after talking to my brother at lunchtime we decided to let him sleep. My brother called late afternoon saying the nurses suggested we go see him. He has an infection that they say isn't worth treating. He is sedated and the next 24 hours are critical. He cant swallow now so all his meds are being given with a morphine pump. There is a slight chance he will rally round but it is extremely unlikely.
I dont know and its that that scares me the most.
On my way over now, my brother was going to come get me but they advised him not to leave.
Pray for him, and me guys.
Will keep you posted. im ok, finding strength and comfort in God xx
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Storyteller wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
I dont know and its that that scares me the most.
On my way over now, my brother was going to come get me but they advised him not to leave.
Pray for him, and me guys.
Will keep you posted. im ok, finding strength and comfort in God xx
It's great you're finding some strength and comfort, but... Maybe, if your Dad is still able to hear you out, you could convince him in some way to at least say the prayer, to trust in you and for your sake, giving you some hope and peace of mind.

Maybe that sounds somewhat cruel, however it is rather cruel to see a loved one die knowing they were hardened to God and Christ as such. I'm pretty sure certain people I loved, passed away rejecting God. It's a fact I hate. It hurts, but if there was a chance, maybe if I could have been more involved, I don't know. I don't think non-Christians can ever know what that is like, to feel, they just think it's all about saving ourselves, happy-happy joi-joy heaven or some baloney. BUT, there are hard facts we as Christians need to come to terms with.

So, if he's at least willing to follow you in prayer to Christ, even if he is somewhat doing for you, perhaps he won't be cemented into rejecting Christ hereafter. You will at least go on, hoping in a chance he can call out of his own accord when he awakens to the real (after) life as per Rom 10:13 in my signature.

Hope I'm not being too forthright here, but I say such things because I do feel very much for the situation you're in. y@};-
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Went to see him yesterday afternoon and sat a while with him. We had to be very quiet as he was recognising our voices and becoming very upset and agitated although he wasnt really conscious. Came home yesterday evening as he was settled and sleeping. Got a call at 3am saying he had deterioated, he needed suction and was very bubbly.
He became unresponsive about 6am. They are now increasing his meds so that he stays that way. Essentially they are giving him as much morphine as they can and it will help him slip away.
There is absolutely nothing more they can do, he could pass away in a few hours or a few days.

It was too late to ask him K, all I can do is pray for him and trust in God. It is between him and God now.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Dad has gone...
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

May he rest in peace.

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

y>:D< So sorry Annette.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Yes, Annette, may God bring you comfort and trust. I'm deeply sorry. God certainly made what was previously impossible a reality, per his illness, and your amazing reconciliation.

y>:D< y@};- y>:D< y@};- y[-o<
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Just thoughts and prayers. We are here for you.

y[-o< y>:D<
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Sorry to hear this new Story... Prayers and all to you!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Thank you guys for your thoughts, messages and prayers. They really do help.

Funeral is on 13 Feb.

My brother called at 3.30am on Monday morning to say he had ppassed away. The nurses advised him to call us about 3.15 as his breathing had changed, he went to get my mum to sit with him while he called us and as they came back in the room he just stopped breathing. Apparently he smiled just before he passed away, I am hoping and praying that could mean maybe, just maybe, he accepted Christ just before he died.

Losing him hurts like crazy.

The few days before he died I thought that when I found out i would get very, very drunk. I thought I'd crave oblivion. Yet i am finding a strength, a comfort from just quietly, soberly, allowing myself to feel.

Strangely, my biggest comfort has been my cat. She has been following me around and sits on my lap and when the tears come she demands to be picked up.

I am finding comfort in, and from, God.

I am grateful for so many things, thank God for them. My dad was where he wanted to be (and the hospice were truly wonderful), he wasnt in pain, he only had a week or so where he was confused and he passed away peacefully.
I thank God that the rift between my dad and I was if not totally healed, at least forgiven. I pray that maybe the rest of my family and i can reconnect.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

we will pray with you Annete

y@};-

#foreverinmyheart
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

y>:D< Praying for peace and strength, for you and your family.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com