My Dad

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
Philip
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: My Dad

Postby Philip » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:57 pm

y[-o<

Byblos
Old School

Postby Byblos » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:19 am

y[-o<

You and your dad are in our prayers.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.

1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Postby 1over137 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:12 pm

Oh Dear Father,
Forgive this poor soul all his sins. Please have mercy and give him peaceful passing with words that are to be spoken to be spoken. Please, give Annette strength to show Your love through her. Give her peace, give her understanding.
In Jesus' name,
Amen.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold
-- Psalm 18:2

Storyteller
Make me a Sammich Member

Postby Storyteller » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:10 pm

I love you guys so very much..

Dad hasn't got long left, the doctors think weeks, a couple of months at most. They want to scan him again, zap the tumour but it is more to manage the pain, he won't walk again. He thinks he will be going home after the treatment, wants to go home, thinks he will walk again but it is very unlikely. If he insists on going home the doctors can't stop him and will provide round the clock care for him, they are hoping that if he does go home he will realise that he just can't manage.
He got quite tearful the other night, i think it is starting to sink in now, the reality of it all.

I have moments of such deep grief, mourning all i have lost and what I will lose, hurting over what he has lost and I know there will be more to come yet there is still this feeling of peace, acceptance. Hard to put into words but I feel that somehow, somewhere, something wonderful is happening.

I am trusting in God.

I have no idea where all this is going to take me, or if I will stay in contact with my family after dad dies but i think I needed this, to heal, to forgive, to move on.

This is all so very hard yet I feel a sense of hope, of strengthening, renewal.

There is so much going on within me, spiritual growth, I am feeling so many truths deep in my heart that I cant explain or verbalise.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran

Philip
Board Moderator
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Postby Philip » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:16 pm

y@};- y@};- y@};-

1over137
Technical Admin

Postby 1over137 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:13 am

feeling of peace while your loved one (and my hubby) is passing
- I understand this very well
a gift from God for us, his children

Love you Annette,
You will get through this. Our Father will take care of it.

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold

1over137
Technical Admin

Postby 1over137 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:16 am

maybe one day you will put it (the feeling) into words and it will be
a great story to tell... ;)

Storyteller
Make me a Sammich Member

Postby Storyteller » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:53 am

I love you too Hana, I love you all y>:D<

There are two poems by Kahil Gibran that I have always loved, one on pain and one on joy and sorrow. Each time i read them the words touch me more, reach deeper into my soul.

I hope one day i can verbalise this, whats happening. God is using this to reach out to me, to teach me something, I can feel it.

I am greiving, will greive, for my dad but theres something else going on too.

I think maybe its that this loss, this greif, is the first i am experiencing in Gods love. When i lost my babies I didnt really have a relationship with God, this time I do. I am losing my dad but I am getting closer to my Father.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran

Return to “Prayer Requests”