my sister

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

my sister

Post by jenna »

has anyone here ever dealt with someone with anorexia? my sister seems to think she is fat, even though she isnt, and i am afraid for her. any ideas? :esad:
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: my sister

Post by RickD »

jenna wrote:has anyone here ever dealt with someone with anorexia? my sister seems to think she is fat, even though she isnt, and i am afraid for her. any ideas? :esad:
My wife may have been anorexic when she was around 12. She still has issues that pop up from time to time.

When we get in a fight, I call her fat. :lol:

That's awful. I would never do that. Bad Rick. :mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:has anyone here ever dealt with someone with anorexia? my sister seems to think she is fat, even though she isnt, and i am afraid for her. any ideas? :esad:
My wife may have been anorexic when she was around 12. She still has issues that pop up from time to time.

i was being serious. not a time for jokes. i am seriously worried about her.
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:

i was being serious. not a time for jokes. i am seriously worried about her.
I'm serious about my wife when she was younger. And it does still affect her.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

All I know is that this is as much an issue of the mind as it is manifested physically. It's similar to addiction. The answer lies within healing spiritually, but that would best include qualified medical care. One thing is certain, it is best caught and treated before it progresses to a dangerous level. Problem is, many hide it for a long time - and to a point in which it becomes obvious and serious.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

First, how do you know she has anorexia and not just normal girl "I'm fat" syndrome?

Second, if she really does have eating problems, I'm not sure anyone here has answers for you unless they've experienced such. I did come across a good anorexia site a couple years ago, woman who had been through it, and gave advice for how to deal with a family member or friend who has the disease (and it is like a disease).

Recommend searching for other sites. Rather than just listening to professional opinions (which are well and good), finding perhaps a board or discussion where people who have had and/or suffer from anorexia are posting. Ask them for advice.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:
First, how do you know she has anorexia and not just normal girl "I'm fat" syndrome?

Second, if she really does have eating problems, I'm not sure anyone here has answers for you unless they've experienced such. I did come across a good anorexia site a couple years ago, woman who had been through it, and gave advice for how to deal with a family member or friend who has the disease (and it is like a disease).

Recommend searching for other sites. Rather than just listening to professional opinions (which are well and good), finding perhaps a board or discussion where people who have had and/or suffer from anorexia are posting. Ask them for advice.
What this bloke said ^

-Edward R Murrow