Prayers please

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Prayers please

Post by Philip »

Depression is very stealthy - even for adults. You seem just in stage or funk, that moderates a bit, but then, suddenly, WHAM - nothing works. Nothing makes sense. There's no magic pill. Well, medication can be appropriate - but it's but one tool. It's really tough for men, as we're socialized to be tough - "suck it up," don't show your fears. So many suffer in silence, until they hit the black hole. Anyone who has had manic depression in their family - that's got to put great fear over the possibilities for others. I've had some form of ADD all my life - and until I began to study it, I'd not realized I had it. Mine is rather mild - but gets much worse with bad diet and poor sleep habits. For all people fighting some mentally effecting disorder, it's the time for optimum diet and exercise. And yet, people are very different in their experiences - it's why psychiatrists have to experiment and find the chemical cocktail that works for an individual person, especially with bipolar or schizophrenia. To think what it must have been like without the blessings of modern pharmaceuticals - I shudder.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by melanie »

So similar to my guy, depression with severe anxiety.
Thanks Rick for sharing that, it helps to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Your son is a few years older so I think growing and maturity has a lot to do with it. I remember you speaking about the struggles of your son over the years and I am so happy to hear he is gaining confidence, good at his job and just feeling ok in himself!
That's all we as parents really want.....is for our little people to be okay and happy. Secure in themselves.
I'm sure it will get better, I have my moments of glass half empty but that's not how I'm wired or how I've raised my kids. Stubborn and fighters. And spiritual.

Thanks Rick for your insight y>:D<
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

I think you should make RickD a sammich. :P
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:I think you should make RickD a sammich. :P
That's freaking hilarious! When you see it, you'll make me a sammich!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by melanie »

Kurieuo wrote:I think you should make RickD a sammich. :P
Haha pushing it K!!!
A knuckle sammich??