Prayers please

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Re: Prayers please

Postby melanie » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:35 am

Sorry double post
Last edited by melanie on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Postby melanie » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:35 am

Nessa,
I think every guy on here can understand that at 15 the prospect of being barely 5"2 inches would have huge ramifications. This was caused by a medical issue, it is not merely a vanity thing or a case of feeling sorry for himself.
Nor should bullying or depression by be brushed aside with a cheer up, it's not so bad attitude. Depression destroys lives, everyday.
Quite frankly with the magnitude of watching a son slip into severe depression, I really don't appreciate your flippant response.
He is not sitting at home feeling sorry for himself, he played his guts out on the footy field being by far the smallest bloke on the field and received best and fairest at the end of last year. He umpired AFL the last 3 years despite being uncomfortable that he was umpiring the younger age groups and shorter than them, with the occasional rude taunts. He never packed it in and kept at it.
He went out on his own and got a job at McDonald's as he is saving for a car.
This is a young man who is doing quite the opposite to focusing on his problems, to say I'm proud is an understatement. He has exceptional character that will hopefully pull him through, in the meantime he is bloody hurting and just staying above a water.
I'm a mum who adores her son and is frightened he may sink, but I'm in there paddling with him and I won't let him.

1over137
Technical Admin
Creation Position: Undecided

Postby 1over137 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:29 am

Mel,
does he have some good friends?
Am thinking about the idea, bringing him to some hobby group (or how it is called), where he will have chance find some new but good friend.
I have no kids, have no idea what it can be like.
Thinking of you.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold
-- Psalm 18:2

RickD
Board Moderator
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Postby RickD » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:47 am

Nessa,

I'm not sure why you deleted your post. I think you gave some good advice. When we're going through difficult times, sometimes the advice we don't want to hear, is the best advice.

I commend you for giving Mel advice that you think will help, and not just telling her what she wants to hear.

If we feel like we need to say something, we should just say it. We're among friends here.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

1over137
Technical Admin
Creation Position: Undecided

Postby 1over137 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:28 am

Yes, we are friends here.
Many people, many opinions.
But well, if felt that the post was better not to be posted, yeah, we have right to delete it too.
:)
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold
-- Psalm 18:2

Philip
Board Moderator
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Postby Philip » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:00 pm

He also needs to be in a group with Christian peers with spiritual and real-world leadership experience with issues facing youth. That can make a huge difference, in knowing what others are going through, sharing, learning to depend upon God, and having these things re-enforced by those other than one's parents. It's been a huge thing for my two sons. But depression is another matter - if that is the case - certainly medically. So, while no magic bullet, a really good Christian youth group can produce remarkable benefits and encourage spiritual understandings and growth. Somehow, when kids see stuff modeled by their peers, are hearing good messages from those other than just their parents, they begin to see that things their parents are saying have merit, because of re-enforcement by other Christians, both youth and adult leadership. Just my experience.

Return to “Prayer Requests”