EU Referendum

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: EU Referendum

Post by Kurieuo »

Europe, many around the world, like to consider themselves International... there very anti nationalistic, very anti countries having their own identity, see it as destructive. So they try to set up this "international" standard, only really it's all Europe.

I believe it was a good decision to leave and it lets British people reclaim their identity, have pride in themselves rather than being absorbed into some collective.

Christ may be able to move more freely amongst Brits too now, since it'll be less suffocated by Humanist philosophy...
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
JButler
Established Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by JButler »

I don't follow news closely but from what I've seen is the high mucky mucks were making policy in Brussels to advance a political ideology to the detriment of individual countries.

Frankly I'm surprised the EU has lasted this long especially after the Greece financial issues. As a tourist it was nice to have the Euro as common currency.
If the truth hurts, maybe it should.
IceMobster
Christian: No

Post by IceMobster »

UKIP FTW

The Europe needs a revival of nationalism.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

IceMobster wrote:UKIP FTW

The Europe needs a revival of nationalism.
Your profile pics just keep getting better and better :pound: :pound: :lol:
JButler
Established Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by JButler »

My understanding of the EU is it originally was a framework to take down barriers that were stifling trade and economic growth. Maybe I was mistaken.

Any rate the good idea quickly morphed into a springboard for social and political oppression by bureaucrats far removed from reality. Instead of being partners in a joint effort it became "I'm the boss of you!" and deciding your future for you.
Hey! That sounds like the United States!

Personally I think Merkel is still in mourning over losing her beloved communist state and would love to see it revived.
If the truth hurts, maybe it should.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

JButler wrote:My understanding of the EU is it originally was a framework to take down barriers that were stifling trade and economic growth. Maybe I was mistaken.

Any rate the good idea quickly morphed into a springboard for social and political oppression by bureaucrats far removed from reality. Instead of being partners in a joint effort it became "I'm the boss of you!" and deciding your future for you.
Hey! That sounds like the United States!

Personally I think Merkel is still in mourning over losing her beloved communist state and would love to see it revived.
I think you have it right in your assessments!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys