EU Referendum

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

EU Referendum

Post by Silvertusk »

Please could you pray for my country today as we vote whether or not to stay in the EU. It is a decision that will affect us for generations to come and I personally am generally very worried about what the result could be.

It has been a huge thing over here with literally the country divided on opinion. Please pray for God's wisdom and will be known and done for the UK.

Silvertusk.
Byblos
Old School

Re: EU Referendum

Post by Byblos »

y[-o<

Which way are you leaning Silver and what do you think the ramifications are either way?
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

I am voting remain.

I just think to leave is selfish and looking to our own interests. In the European Union we have free movement, God is bringing the nations to us and the potential for evangelism is increased - plus they are our neighbours and we should not abandon them. There has been a steady growth of nationalism with parties like UKIP, British National Party and English Defence League gaining more popularity and it is the rise of nationalism that led to War in Europe in WWII. The EU has many flaws but peace in Europe has been maintained for over 50 years now. If we leave - other countries will leave, nationalism will rise and the potential for outbreaks of war increases. Plus it will be economic ruin for us if we do. We are stronger leading from within to affect change and reforms. Britain should lead the EU not abandon it.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Brexit is winning.I think it is a good thing.The EU is like dictator that effects all members whether they like it or not.What happened to sovereignty?
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

Gutted. Feeling absolutley depressed and now our Prime Minister has resigned. A very very sad day for our country.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Silvertusk wrote:Gutted. Feeling absolutley depressed and now our Prime Minister has resigned. A very very sad day for our country.

Why? What was so good about the EU? It seems your country deteriorated and lost its sovereignty and identity.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

Flying visit, had to log in and respond to this though.

I voted to leave the EU, not because I want to distance myself from our neighbours but because I think we need to have our own individual voice heard. I know no one on the EU, the Presidents, MP`s etc.

I don`t see how a bunch of bureaucrats who have no real idea about what is happening in individual countries can govern. Yo

I think it`s a great idea to want to be closer to everyone but I don`t think the EU is the answer. It`s ideals, when it started, were great but I think it got lost along the way.

Cameron, in my personal opinion, is a coward. Running when his country vote against his wishes.

Until this, I had absolutely zero interest in politics, this though, has ignited an interest.

I think Britain is strong enough, respected enough to stand alone, without losing the benefits of trade and so on.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

As I haven't been following this issue, I'd like to hear what you in Britain think. What are the reasons/arguments for exiting the EU, as opposed to just remaining?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

RickD wrote:As I haven't been following this issue, I'd like to hear what you in Britain think. What are the reasons/arguments for exiting the EU, as opposed to just remaining?
I would too...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

I thought about this long and hard before voting to leave, especially because the result would affect my daughters future.
I knew next to nothing really about the EU so I looked into it and watched the debates.

I have had no interest in politics before this but this vote mattered to me
Why leave? Because I wouldnt be clamouring to join if we werent already in.

Immigration needs to be controlled.

I just dont see the EU being able to run, govern and oversee all yhe laws for everycountry.
Britain was, and is, a great nation. Im proud to be British, I dont want mycountry ruled by faceless people around the globe.
We need to plough our resources back intoour country.

The hard bitwas agreeing with people I dont particularly like and risk being labelled racist.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:I thought about this long and hard before voting to leave, especially because the result would affect my daughters future.
I knew next to nothing really about the EU so I looked into it and watched the debates.

I just dont see the EU being able to run, govern and oversee all yhe laws for everycountry.
Britain was, and is, a great nation. Im proud to be British, I dont want mycountry ruled by faceless people around the globe.
We need to plough our resources back intoour country.

The hard bitwas agreeing with people I dont particularly like and risk being labelled racist.
Thanks Annette.

It sounds a lot like what we're going through on this side of the pond. Those who want to put America first, and look out for what's best for America, are labeled as racists, xenophobes, etc.

When what the truth is, is that we just want the leaders here to look out for America first.

Take our resources to fix our problems, before we try to "fix" everyone else's.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

I think to be in a better position to help others, we need to help ourselves first.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Storyteller wrote:I thought about this long and hard before voting to leave, especially because the result would affect my daughters future.

I just dont see the EU being able to run, govern and oversee all the laws for every country.
Britain was, and is, a great nation. Im proud to be British, I dont want my country ruled by faceless people around the globe.
We need to plough our resources back into our country.

The hard bit was agreeing with people I dont particularly like and risk being labelled racist.
Thanks Story,

Sounds like the EU was an experiment with the open boarders Soros crowd that one world government gig.

You are correct, it does not work. Nations can work together, however, not as a one world global government would have it for the reasons you mentioned...

Bankers will cause trouble with your currency, toss the stock market into the wind for a bit, to force the UK back to be controlled... that is a downside...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:I think to be in a better position to help others, we need to help ourselves first.
Sounds selfish, you misogynistic, racist, xenophobe! :mrgreen:

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Very likely, BW. Its probably gonnaget a whole lot worse before it gets better but I honestly think this is the only way forward.

Great idea in theory but not in reality.

Like you say, we can trade and negotiate as individuals, im hpping its the shake up we need.

Be interesting to see how it influences other countries thinking of joining.