Prayer for my dad/me

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
User avatar
Nessa
Make me a Sammich Member
Posts: 3111
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Prayer for my dad/me

Postby Nessa » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:50 pm

    ok,

    So, last night Im watching a movie and sudenly my cell rings...

    Its my dad. What the...? He never calls me, as in NEVER.

    So I hung up on the ringing. Cos thats what I do if I cant handle a person ringing me.
    What did he want? I told kerry and said I bumped the phone...big fat lie.. I bump my phone a bit...

    He said call him back, so I did Anyway dad was just saying something about a scripture he sent me..he sends them everyday, but he aint no christian.

    He hands me on to mum..I small talk.

    I wont go into why Im like that with him BUT would you please pray for him..I cant, its too painful. He has cancer.
    Last edited by Nessa on Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

    User avatar
    1over137
    Technical Admin
    Posts: 4804
    Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 6:05 am
    Christian: Yes
    Sex: Female
    Creation Position: Undecided
    Location: Slovakia
    Contact:

    Re: Prayer for my dad

    Postby 1over137 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:11 pm

    I will pray for your dad.
    We can talk more via pm, if you want.

    User avatar
    Nessa
    Make me a Sammich Member
    Posts: 3111
    Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
    Christian: Yes
    Creation Position: Undecided

    Re: Prayer for my dad

    Postby Nessa » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:50 pm

    Thanks, thats very kind of you :esmile:

    User avatar
    Storyteller
    Make me a Sammich Member
    Posts: 2841
    Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:54 pm
    Christian: Yes
    Sex: Female
    Creation Position: Undecided
    Location: UK
    Contact:

    Re: Prayer for my dad

    Postby Storyteller » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:54 am

    Oh nessa, sweetheart.....

    What can I say? My heart goes out to you. Will pray for you and your dad.

    Have sent you a pm xxxxx
    Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran

    User avatar
    Storyteller
    Make me a Sammich Member
    Posts: 2841
    Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:54 pm
    Christian: Yes
    Sex: Female
    Creation Position: Undecided
    Location: UK
    Contact:

    Re: Prayer for my dad

    Postby Storyteller » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:56 am

    no I havent, theyre switched off.

    Pm me if you wana talk xxx
    Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran

    User avatar
    Nessa
    Make me a Sammich Member
    Posts: 3111
    Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
    Christian: Yes
    Creation Position: Undecided

    Re: Prayer for my dad/me

    Postby Nessa » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:29 am

    .
    Last edited by Nessa on Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

    User avatar
    B. W.
    Board Moderator
    Posts: 8034
    Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:17 am
    Christian: Yes
    Location: Colorado

    Re: Prayer for my dad/me

    Postby B. W. » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:42 am

    Nessa wrote:I didnt want to start a new thread just for me..
    I hate asking people to pray for me but my kids need a mum who can function and so for their sake I guess Im asking. One day recently I was literally laying on the floor and wasnt sure I was going to be able to get myself together enough to pick up the kids. My husband came home, took over and I just went to bed. He knows Im not coping with life.Thanks


    Feel free to send me a PM on this...

    Prayer to you and yes, you will make it through the impossible this...
    -
    -
    -
    Science is man's invention - creation is God's
    (by B. W. Melvin)

    Old Polish Proverb:
    Not my Circus....not my monkeys

    User avatar
    Storyteller
    Make me a Sammich Member
    Posts: 2841
    Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:54 pm
    Christian: Yes
    Sex: Female
    Creation Position: Undecided
    Location: UK
    Contact:

    Re: Prayer for my dad/me

    Postby Storyteller » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:04 pm

    Nessa, you are stronger than you think.

    Why did you delete your post? We all care about you, deeply. It's ok to be vulnerable, it's ok to ask for help.

    How often do you feel like that honey? Have you talked to anyone? I can totally recommend talking to B.W, he helped me a lot.

    Sweetheart, my pm is always open and we are all here for you.

    Praying for you, that you find strength and peace.

    Sending you oodles of love and hugs xoxoxox
    Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran

    User avatar
    Nessa
    Make me a Sammich Member
    Posts: 3111
    Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
    Christian: Yes
    Creation Position: Undecided

    Re: Prayer for my dad/me

    Postby Nessa » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:13 pm

    Storyteller wrote:Nessa, you are stronger than you think.

    Why did you delete your post? We all care about you, deeply. It's ok to be vulnerable, it's ok to ask for help.

    How often do you feel like that honey? Have you talked to anyone? I can totally recommend talking to B.W, he helped me a lot.

    Sweetheart, my pm is always open and we are all here for you.

    Praying for you, that you find strength and peace.

    Sending you oodles of love and hugs xoxoxox


    Thanks again story t.

    I guess I felt a bit stink posting what I did, but stupid deleting it cos BW quoted me :lol:

    And thanks BW too, it means alot

    User avatar
    Storyteller
    Make me a Sammich Member
    Posts: 2841
    Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:54 pm
    Christian: Yes
    Sex: Female
    Creation Position: Undecided
    Location: UK
    Contact:

    Re: Prayer for my dad/me

    Postby Storyteller » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:25 am

    Nessa wrote:
    Storyteller wrote:Nessa, you are stronger than you think.

    Why did you delete your post? We all care about you, deeply. It's ok to be vulnerable, it's ok to ask for help.

    How often do you feel like that honey? Have you talked to anyone? I can totally recommend talking to B.W, he helped me a lot.

    Sweetheart, my pm is always open and we are all here for you.

    Praying for you, that you find strength and peace.

    Sending you oodles of love and hugs xoxoxox


    Thanks again story t.

    I guess I felt a bit stink posting what I did, but stupid deleting it cos BW quoted me :lol:

    And thanks BW too, it means alot


    Never, EVER think that way about how you feel.
    Life isn`t all flowers, chocolates and fun. Sometimes it hurts, sometimes we are lost, and lonely, and we need to lean on others. That`s all you were doing and it`s the right thing to do.
    (Darn quoting, huh? :mrgreen: )
    Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran

    PaulSacramento
    Board Moderator
    Posts: 8047
    Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
    Christian: Yes
    Sex: Male
    Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
    Location: Ontario, Canada

    Re: Prayer for my dad/me

    Postby PaulSacramento » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:37 am

    We are all here for you Nessa, anytime you wanna talk about it.
    Remember though, your Dad mayh ave cancer BUT cancer is NOT who and what he is.

    My dad died last year after 5 years of fighting ALS, It was very hard on all of us BUT more so on him.
    Men tend to be very proud in their independance and their ability to be strong and their for their family and when they can't, they lose a bit of themselves.
    My dad once referred to himself as Mr.Als...
    I realized that he was losing himself to that horrific disease and made a promise to myself to never see that disease more than I saw him.
    It helped.
    Sometimes the best support we can give our loved ones that are going through things like this is to remind them that they are not the disease.

    User avatar
    Byblos
    Old School
    Posts: 5725
    Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:21 pm
    Christian: Yes
    Location: NY

    Re: Prayer for my dad

    Postby Byblos » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:04 am

    Continued prayers for you and your family. y[-o<
    Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

    Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.

    User avatar
    Nessa
    Make me a Sammich Member
    Posts: 3111
    Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
    Christian: Yes
    Creation Position: Undecided

    Re: Prayer for my dad/me

    Postby Nessa » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:32 pm

    PaulSacramento wrote:We are all here for you Nessa, anytime you wanna talk about it.
    Remember though, your Dad mayh ave cancer BUT cancer is NOT who and what he is.

    My dad died last year after 5 years of fighting ALS, It was very hard on all of us BUT more so on him.
    Men tend to be very proud in their independance and their ability to be strong and their for their family and when they can't, they lose a bit of themselves.
    My dad once referred to himself as Mr.Als...
    I realized that he was losing himself to that horrific disease and made a promise to myself to never see that disease more than I saw him.
    It helped.
    Sometimes the best support we can give our loved ones that are going through things like this is to remind them that they are not the disease.


    Thanks guys, good advice too.

    The issues with my dad are partly why Im having a major meltdown.
    We.may not ever get our relationship on.track if he dies.soon.
    I.have written him a letter ages ago extending.forgiveness and.asking for forgiveness though.
    Last edited by Nessa on Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

    User avatar
    RickD
    Board Moderator
    Posts: 18602
    Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
    Christian: Yes
    Sex: Male
    Creation Position: Day-Age
    Location: Kamino

    Re: Prayer for my dad/me

    Postby RickD » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:48 pm

    Nessa,

    Have you trusted in Christ for salvation? Do you believe in who he is, and what he did for you?
    1 Corinthians 1:9
    9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

    Audie wrote:
    "Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


    St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

    User avatar
    Nessa
    Make me a Sammich Member
    Posts: 3111
    Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
    Christian: Yes
    Creation Position: Undecided

    Re: Prayer for my dad/me

    Postby Nessa » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:52 pm

    RickD wrote:Nessa,

    Have you trusted in Christ for salvation? Do you believe in who he is, and what he did for you?


    Yes, I believe I have. My issues just complicate everything.

    Thanks, I appreciate that you and others care.

    You know, right or wrong, I feel I have already made my peace with my dad in the form of a letter years ago. He chose not to respond. Just because he is dying I am not going force something. It is what it is. Thought I do see him more now that he is dying.

    It is the same with God. Kerry has talked to him throughout the years. He is not ignorant of Christianity. I'm not going to force that either. He needs to make a move. His life. His choice.
    Last edited by Nessa on Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.


    Return to “Prayer Requests”

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests