Prayer for my dad/me

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Prayer for my dad/me

Post by Nessa »

We are on our long summer break so home with kids. I find I am not coping well. Failing big time as a mum with the way Ive been treating the kids. Sometimes I will sit there and think I just cant do this anymore. Life is too hard. I just need prayer to overcome and wisdom for what sort of help I need with ongoing anxiety/depression.
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

y[-o< y[-o< y[-o< For Ness!

My dad suffered all my childhood with terrible depression. Lots of prayer, a good physician, loving friends from church, taking better care of himself, getting good rest - he slowly overcame it. In my mid-20s I came under tremendous stress and anxiety, to the point that virtually EVERYTHING bothered me. Doc wanted to put me on tranquilizers. It kind of snuck up on me. But I began a much better diet, quit coffee, got good exercise, and did all I could to eliminate stress, more sleep, etc. If I had urgent matters, I just made myself go at as a relaxed pace as possible. It took awhile, but I eventually got well. In my family, I think there is a genetic disposition for it. For my mom as well - but more from anxiety, and 5 kids :shock: . A mom needs some breathing room - AWAY from the kids, at least in increments.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Nessa, I wanted to give you some encouradging Bible verses.
So, let me post one link I have found, full of great Bible verses....
http://matthiasmedia.com/briefing/2013/ ... ot-escape/

My love to you,
Hana
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:We are on our long summer break so home with kids. I find I am not coping well. Failing big time as a mum with the way Ive been treating the kids. Sometimes I will sit there and think I just cant do this anymore. Life is too hard. I just need prayer to overcome and wisdom for what sort of help I need with ongoing anxiety/depression.
Prayers certainly do help, but please don't discount that it may be your hormones that are making you anxious. You are at that age now, you know. :knitting:

Even men can have hormone deficiencies too.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Rick: Even men can have hormone deficiencies too.
Trying to tell us something there, Ricko? y:-? Or just echoing something your wife might have said? :mrgreen:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:
Rick: Even men can have hormone deficiencies too.
Trying to tell us something there, Ricko? y:-? Or just echoing something your wife might have said? :mrgreen:
Yes.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony