I think I'm sick again

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

I think I'm sick again

Post by Jac3510 »

Pray for me if you would, all. I was at work last night and felt my throat get scratchy. No biggie. But over about one hour, the pain became unbearable. I went home to take an anti-inflammatory because I could feel either a gland or my tonsil swelling and went to bed. Hard night. Didn't sleep well from the pain. This morning it is so swollen I can feel it in the back of my throat. Hurts to talk. I'm just hoping it clears up really quickly. I'll be going to the doc today as soon as they open and I get an appointment.

Thanks!
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Re: I think I'm sick again

Post by melanie »

Just sent one up for you Jac y[-o<
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

y[-o< Feel better Jac, I can't even imagine what it'd feel like for you not to be able to talk. :mrgreen:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

straight as an arrow, sincere as a heart attack from my lips to God's ear ...
"Father, ease Jac's pain, deliver him from this ailment, never the less, thy will be done" :amen:
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Jac,

Told you not to get the flu shot.

:mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bippy123 »

Praying for u jac, praying for a speedy and painless recovery. Hang in there my friend
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Jac, just lifting you up. Sounds like Strep?

Pay no attention to the smart alecs!
Byblos: y[-o< Feel better Jac, I can't even imagine what it'd feel like for you not to be able to talk. :mrgreen:
Look, Jac may be handicapped in speech, but NEVER forget that machinegun of a keyboard he wields. I'll bet his wife is QUIET woman! :D Or maybe he just types rapid-fire but doesn't actually talk too much - hmmm? y:-?

All kidding aside, Jac, hope it's an illness of short duress!
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

You are a prophet, phil. It's strep. Thank you all for the prayers, and even for the smart alec comments that gave me a good laugh. Today's been rough, but not near as bad as last night. Hoping by tomorrow I'll be significantly improved. Prayers and antibiotics are a great combination. :)
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

((((jac))))
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

I just prayed for Jac.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Jac: You are a prophet, phil. It's strep.
Jac, don't know if you've ever had Strep before - and this may seem like simple common sense - but take ALL of the antibiotic until you are out of it. Meaning, if you start to feel really great for a day or so, don't assume it's gone. I did stupidly did that when I was a young guy - it was like almost recovering after a truck has run over you, but then it backs up to finish the job. The second wave was REALLY bad!

Had it once before, the very day I had planned to ask my wife to marry me - had planned it for a perfect lake in the mountains, a beautiful fall day, but then I woke up and my uvula was the size of a baseball - touching my throat. Scared me to death, I didn't know what it was. So we didn't go. She had suspected "this was gonna be the big day," and so when I said I couldn't go, she was so upset. So I basically found a quiet spot by a local lake, popped the Big Q, then immediately said, "I gotta go get in bed." :lol: I think she had to help me back up off of my bended knee, I was so weak. Best laid plans and all that. :roll:

Oh, and it IS contagious!

Get well!
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Philip wrote:So I basically found a quiet spot by a local lake, popped the Big Q, then immediately said, "I gotta go get in bed." :lol: I think she had to help me back up off of my bended knee, I was so weak. Best laid plans and all that. :roll:
"Gotta go get in bed."? Wow! You're quicker mover. ;) ;)
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bippy123 »

Jac3510 wrote:You are a prophet, phil. It's strep. Thank you all for the prayers, and even for the smart alec comments that gave me a good laugh. Today's been rough, but not near as bad as last night. Hoping by tomorrow I'll be significantly improved. Prayers and antibiotics are a great combination. :)
Hey Jac, hope u have been recovering from this. I'm glad that it wasn't something worse . Keep us updated buddy .
Continued prayer for u :)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Bippy,

Jac is definitely feeling better. His posts aren't so rude blunt anymore. :mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

Yes, I am MUCH better (and maybe less blunt ;)). Thanks very much for all the prayers. Definitely not interested in getting strep again. Sheesh. That was the suck.