Prayer for Storyteller

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Prayer for Storyteller

Post by RickD »

Annette(Storyteller) asked me to post this in the prayer request forum for her. Please pray for her.
I know God loves me.
No matter what.
I used to drink, and smoke, heavily, all the time.
Now I only do it on a thurs and sat, I am still praying for help with that, but I am grateful.
I feel loved here and I need help.
Pray for me, please?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Prayer for Storyteller

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

Divine Mercy Novena... right now and for as long as it is needed. y@};-
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

Dear Annette,
We will do.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

God be with you Ann. God Bless you. We all struggle with something so never think you are alone, we can pray and talk about it, if you ever like.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Have you ever heard of Celebrate Recovery?A lot of churches have them,I know somebody who had a drinking problem and Celebrate Recovery helped them over come it.Celebrate Recovery is not just for drug or alcohol problems but any problem,people go for many different reasons for a lot of people have hurts,hang ups and bad habits.I don't know if there are any in your area but you can check.
Celebrate Recovery. Where they actually use the name Jesus instead of Higher power.
https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=h1_DMX6uIec
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by Storyteller »

y@};- Thank you guys :)

It helps to know you all care and that you will pray for me.

ACB... I appreciate the thought but, right now, I`m not ready for that. That sort of thing isn`t really my style but I will look into it and never say never.

I will beat this, so keep praying for me.

And thank you Rick, for posting it. I would have lost my nerve.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Fellowship with God will enable you to gain victory over whatever it is that troubles you.

FL :D
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Thanks FL :)

I know it will.

I am proud that I have, at least, started to conquer it but I still have a way to go. I pray, and I have absolute faith in God, that He will fight alongside me. I take comfort from that. It just hurts that I fail sometimes but each time I do, I just pick myself up, brush myself down, and start again.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Annette:

There are times I really need Our Lord, more than even I know, and His word is always so comforting and gives me so much strength:

Some of the passages I love are:

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me

Psalm 27 is just to powerful.

Psalm 23 of course:
The Lord is my shepherd,
I shall not want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He guides me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You have anointed my head with oil;
My cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

And when I need reminding of how much He loves me/us:

This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. – 1 John 4:9-11
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

RickD wrote:Annette(Storyteller) asked me to post this in the prayer request forum for her. Please pray for her.
I know God loves me.
No matter what.
I used to drink, and smoke, heavily, all the time.
Now I only do it on a thurs and sat, I am still praying for help with that, but I am grateful.
I feel loved here and I need help.
Pray for me, please?
He will help you and hold you in His arms.. amen
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Yes, HIS power can overcome your weaknesses. I would also suggest you seek out a Scripturally led community of other believers - they need you and you need them. Personal, eye-to-eye relationships are one of the joys of being a Christian. They're somewhere near you, begin looking. They may even be just a house church or a regular coffee shop fellowship. You are definitely in my prayers, StoryT! You have brought me great encouragement - and have reminded me of my early walk with the Lord, of how exciting and different that time was to my prior life.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Those exciting times we were younger ;)
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

Storyteller wrote:y@};- Thank you guys :)

ACB... I appreciate the thought but, right now, I`m not ready for that. That sort of thing isn`t really my style but I will look into it and never say never.

ST, I don't get to post much, so let me preface this by saying I can come across a little callous, but I find it's often best to cut through the fluff and say what I'm thinking. I'm curious how to pray for you. I have plenty of good Christian friends who smoke and drink. I wouldn't say any of them have habitual problems with alcohol. I myself like to have a beer. Smoking is a horrible vice and I remember watching my grandfather die a grueling death, a shriveled shadow of the giant I once knew. Although it's extremely unhealthy, I still think one can be a vibrant Christian and smoke. But, I would strongly encourage anyone to quit by nearly any means necessary.

So, what are your issues, are you an alcoholic? Do you have compulsive struggles with alcohol?

If you haven't experienced health problems from smoking, trust me, you will.

If you aren't ready for hitting it head on, then it may be that you aren't ready to beat it.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

jlay wrote:
Storyteller wrote:y@};- Thank you guys :)

ST, I don't get to post much, so let me preface this by saying I can come across a little callous, but I find it's often best to cut through the fluff and say what I'm thinking. I'm curious how to pray for you. I have plenty of good Christian friends who smoke and drink. I wouldn't say any of them have habitual problems with alcohol. I myself like to have a beer. Smoking is a horrible vice and I remember watching my grandfather die a grueling death, a shriveled shadow of the giant I once knew. Although it's extremely unhealthy, I still think one can be a vibrant Christian and smoke. But, I would strongly encourage anyone to quit by nearly any means necessary.

So, what are your issues, are you an alcoholic? Do you have compulsive struggles with alcohol?

If you haven't experienced health problems from smoking, trust me, you will.

If you aren't ready for hitting it head on, then it may be that you aren't ready to beat it.
Cut to the chase, huh?

I wouldn't say I was an alcoholic but I have to limit what I drink. I have to make an effort not to drink.
I can, and have, gone weeks without drinking yet I can't just have one or two, thats what scares me, tgats what I am fighting.

So what to pray? That I have faith I can do this.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

And thank you, all of you, I am deeply touched and grateful.

At least I want to change, look on the bright side!

Philip, thank you y@};-

Paul, your posts bring me so much comfort.

BW y>:D<