Dad had stroke

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Dad had stroke

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

y@};-

Isaiah 41:10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Take care and God bless
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

I hope they will find the reason.
You are in my prayers.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

May I also offer my prayers?

My thoughts are with you xx
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Thanks everyone for prayers and well wishes.

I've got some positive news.

Apparently, Dad's blood pressure got really high, and he was feeling it difficult to swallow (but not as before), which is why he went back to hospital.
They actually sent him home the same day.

All tests and scans (MRI, CAT, radioactive dyes and dyes on heart arteries, neck arteries, kidney arteries) are now completed and confirm there no known blockages or pending build up occlusions.
That is, besides a blockage in the left rear neck main supply artery (oxygen) to brain. But, this is apparently due to some flap not working properly and a rare genetic skin flat condition in the artery... not cholesterol. AND, it isn't life threatening having one closed.

It is so hard to know what is going on because Dad tends to mix in his own views with the doctors.
But apparently, the neurologist and cardiologist believe it wasn't a heart attack or stroke. Which is great news.
Although what I've been told by Dad doesn't make complete sense. He still gets high blood pressure.

Doctors believe it was a combination of the closure of a rear left artery in the neck and deep inner ear viral infection.
I hope so and that he'll get to live his life a bit more. Maybe I can build some relationship, because there are some issues there.
Not that we don't get along, but just doesn't feel like a real father-son relationship. We're not close. Never really had that.
And really, at this stage in my life it's too late to really have this. But, maybe can build a different kind of relationship.

Anyway, just wanted to give you all an update who responded.

Thanks everyone.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)