My son prayers

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

My son prayers

Post by RickD »

We took my 15 year old son to the ER. His bp was 185/98, and his heart rate was high. He's really tired and his body aches. They drew blood. Waiting for results.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Rob
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: My son prayers

Post by Rob »

My prayers are with you, my friend.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

On it, Rick! I know that has to be scary.

Please update when possible.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

Yes Rick, keep us updated. My thoughts are with you.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

All tests came back fine. In normal range. Our next step is an appointment with a cardiologist. Blood pressure that high, and heart rate that high have to be caused by something.

ER doctor is not sure, but may be anxiety.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Thanks for keeping him in prayer everyone.

-Edward R Murrow

1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

RickD wrote:All tests came back fine. In normal range. Our next step is an appointment with a cardiologist. Blood pressure that high, and heart rate that high have to be caused by something.

ER doctor is not sure, but may be anxiety.
My husband has from time to time enormously high heart rate. He has two pulse generators inside his heart. When his rate is very high he lies himself on the ground and it quickly dissapears. He found this out on his own.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Rick, glad he is stable. Could be something very simple.

Meanwhile, just don't go surfing symptoms online.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:Rick, glad he is stable. Could be something very simple.

Meanwhile, just don't go surfing symptoms online.
I guess you know me Philip. I usually Google my fingers off in these kinds of situations. I'm not this time.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

:esurprised: I guess you know me Philip. I usually Google my fingers off in these kinds of situations. I'm not this time.
Yep, I've occasionally done that and within half an hour of reading how many very easy to cure conditions can often share the very same symptoms as ones that are serious and life-threatening, I was so freaked out that it's a wonder I didn't just die of Google-induced anxiety :shock: ! Just don't go there - believe me, it will only drive you crazy and create unnecessary fear and worry. Remember, 99% of the junk we worry about NEVER happens.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Took my son to the cardiologist this morning, and the doc believes it's anxiety related. Nothing looks wrong with his heart.

That's good news.

-Edward R Murrow

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

RickD wrote:Took my son to the cardiologist this morning, and the doc believes it's anxiety related. Nothing looks wrong with his heart.

That's good news.
That really is great news.
Now He just has to learn some anti-stress/anti-anxiety techniques.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Anxiety can be very serious but is definitely manageable. My son has had it since early on and, for the most part, is managing it quite well. Prayers for your son and your family Rick. Reach out any time if you have questions or just to talk.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Great news, Rick!

When I was in my early 20s, I developed a stress condition so bad that my chest felt constantly tight and I had a headache that I couldn't shake for a couple of months. Before that, I never truly knew what stress really was. My doctor wanted to put me on anxiety medicine. But my mom, whom had virtually lived on tranquilizers during the early '70s (doctors back then were far too quick to prescribe them), highly encouraged me not to. She said that if you get dependent on such medication, that you can't cope with anything when you try to come off of it. Nonetheless, initially I tried an anxiety med and I did not like the way it made me feel. What I did instead was to first get plenty of exercise, eat much healthier - and very key - get consistently good and adequate sleep. I got off of drinking copious amounts of coffee and softdrinks with caffeine. Plus I made myself not get in a hurry about anything - just tried not to put myself around stressful people or situations. If I was running late to an appointment, I'd just tell myself, "you get there when you get there." It wasn't long before it just simply went away. I had always been a kid who would hold in anger or frustration - which would typically get vented in one surge of letting it out. I had a guy at work that kept me ticked off. It built to a point and I'd kept it in so long that when I finally lost my temper, instead of what usually happened (I vented and it was out of my system), that time I didn't feel relief, as I realized I was majorly stressed out. I also learned to just be direct and vent appropriately before some volcano has to blow.

Will be praying for him, Rick.

Edited to say: My experience is just that - my own. Didn't want to imply that medication isn't needed in many other cases. And depression, that in itself is an area where medication may well be the best approach.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Thanks guys.

A few years ago he was struggling with some pretty major depression. He's doing much better with that, but somehow I think this anxiety is related. He has confidence issues, especially in school. Even with honor roll grades.

I'm trying to get him on a consistent workout program. I know how exercising has helped me. It's tough getting him to understand that though.

-Edward R Murrow