Injured Recruit

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
SeekingSanctuary
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Injured Recruit

Post by SeekingSanctuary »

Hi, first time posting a thread on this part of the forum. I figure I should pass on a prayer request I received today.

A friend of mine has a little brother who joined the army, and is currently a recruit in training. Or he's supposed to be. He got hurt during training and has some stress fractures, primarily in his left shin, and it may crack again even after it heals (he has been stated as being high risk).

I don't know him personally, but going by the letter I got he's in high spirits, and since that's the way his sister is I'm assuming he isn't just trying to keep me from worrying about him. He really does seem to be taking it all in stride, thankfully. He doesn't like be stuck staying longer, but other than that he's fine with the whole thing.

He had no idea I was a Christian, but he did ask for some prayers for him that he doesn't have too much trouble from this long run (if he can't pass his physical tests later they may send him straight home), another recruit named Hannah (I know nothing but the name), and all the recruits. *Edit: I didn't explain it very clearly and I don't feel like rewriting the whole paragraph. What I meant was he gets to rest and heal for two weeks, then he hopes to get the go-ahead to rebuild leg strength. At some point he gets to take some test, if he fails they may just have to send him home.

(His sister asked people on her FB to write him. This was in his first reply to me, if anyone is wondering)
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: Injured Recruit

Post by B. W. »

SeekingSanctuary wrote:Hi, first time posting a thread on this part of the forum. I figure I should pass on a prayer request I received today.

A friend of mine has a little brother who joined the army, and is currently a recruit in training. Or he's supposed to be. He got hurt during training and has some stress fractures, primarily in his left shin, and it may crack again even after it heals (he has been stated as being high risk).

I don't know him personally, but going by the letter I got he's in high spirits, and since that's the way his sister is I'm assuming he isn't just trying to keep me from worrying about him. He really does seem to be taking it all in stride, thankfully. He doesn't like be stuck staying longer, but other than that he's fine with the whole thing.

He had no idea I was a Christian, but he did ask for some prayers for him that he doesn't have too much trouble from this long run (if he can't pass his physical tests later they may send him straight home), another recruit named Hannah (I know nothing but the name), and all the recruits. *Edit: I didn't explain it very clearly and I don't feel like rewriting the whole paragraph. What I meant was he gets to rest and heal for two weeks, then he hopes to get the go-ahead to rebuild leg strength. At some point he gets to take some test, if he fails they may just have to send him home.

(His sister asked people on her FB to write him. This was in his first reply to me, if anyone is wondering)
Okay, prayers sent forth...

Is he in the paratroops?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Lonewolf
Valued Member

Post by Lonewolf »

How U doin' S.S.

I can pray for this young soldier to heal, ..
Last edited by Lonewolf on Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your outward profession of having put on Christ, has as yet to put off Plato from your heart!
SeekingSanctuary
Established Member

Post by SeekingSanctuary »

BW wrote:Okay, prayers sent forth...

Is he in the paratroops?
Well, I know he's in Basic Training Phase 1. What he plans beyond that, I don't know.

@Lonewolf
As long as you're praying for him to get better I'm happy.
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by bippy123 »

SeekingSanctuary wrote:
BW wrote:Okay, prayers sent forth...

Is he in the paratroops?
Well, I know he's in Basic Training Phase 1. What he plans beyond that, I don't know.

@Lonewolf
As long as you're praying for him to get better I'm happy.
seeking Sanctuary, I have included him in my daily prayers. Its a very noble cause to want to defend our country and our freedom. He has my respect and my prayers and I hope his fracture heals up perfectly.
Bippy