Needing prayers very depressed

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
DRDS
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Needing prayers very depressed

Post by DRDS »

Hey everyone, I'm still having issues with depression It could be a spiritual attack. I"m feeling very unloved by God and virtually everyone, and I"m still having issues with my self confidence. I'm not really doubting my salvation much or at least not yet, but I feel like I'm certainly one of God's "least favorites" currently. I also feel like much of the things I've tried to do for God and for others is mostly in vain and has made little if any effect. And so with that I would like for you all to pray that I'll find some kind of spiritual comfort from God. Thank you all for your time, God bless.
Thadeyus
Established Member
Christian: No

Re: Needing prayers very depressed

Post by Thadeyus »

:hug:

Hmm...they don;t have a 'Hug' emote?

Any who, offering an 'internet' shoulder and a post showing some one else out in the big, wide web is thinking of you. :)

Wishing ou and yours all the very best. :)
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Thadeyus wrote::hug:

Hmm...they don;t have a 'Hug' emote?

Any who, offering an 'internet' shoulder and a post showing some one else out in the big, wide web is thinking of you. :)

Wishing ou and yours all the very best. :)
You're funny, Thadeyus! That's a big advantage over the sour-pussed, mealy-mouthed, mean-spirited atheists we usually get around here.

FL y>:D<
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Thadeyus
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by Thadeyus »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:You're funny, Thadeyus! That's a big advantage over the sour-pussed, mealy-mouthed, mean-spirited atheists we usually get around here.

FL y>:D<
*Bows* Thenk-yew, ah thenk-yew verra much...

I'm here all week folks...

;)
DRDS

Post by DRDS »

Thanks guys, but for all of you who do pray, please keep me in your prayers. I've felt this way nearly all month long.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

I will pray for you.
Hold on :donotbesad:

May I ask whether you do not have problems with sleep and eating?
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

Or what man is there among you who, when his son asks for a loaf, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, he will not give him a snake, will he? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him! ... Matthew 7:9-11.

Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand ... Isaiah 41:10.

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls ... Matthew 11:28-29.

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus ... Phil 1:6.

:heart:
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
DRDS

Post by DRDS »

1over137 wrote:I will pray for you.
Hold on :donotbesad:

May I ask whether you do not have problems with sleep and eating?

Sleeping no, in fact I have been sleeping a little too much. As far as eating no again, even though lately I haven't craved foods as much as I have before. But anyways, thank you for the kind words and thank you for praying for me.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

There is nothing you can do to make God love you any more and there is nothing you can do to make him love you any less. Know this - he loves you and died for you. He loves you that much. Even if you were the only human in existence. He built a universe so he can have a relationship with you and so that you have an eternity of joy with him.

Think always of that. God is faithful, God is true. Use him as your rock through your desert.