Prayer for my self confidence it's lacking

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
DRDS
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Prayer for my self confidence it's lacking

Post by DRDS »

After this motel job thing didn't work out, it's really got to me. I feel like I can't hardly do anything right. I know they only gave me like two 4 hour train days to memorize and nail everything down but the condescending way they treated me really bothered me and it still does. So if it's ok, please keep me in your prayers. Also, if any of you all know of any good resources on dealing with low self confidence or dealing with fear feel free to share them. Thank you all for your time, God bless.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Re: Prayer for my self confidence it's lacking

Post by 1over137 »

Mmm, maybe it is in some way good that you did not get the job since you could in future hit on their behaviour. Do not be sad, keep searching. Will pray for ya. ;)
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

God deliberately closed some doors because he has better ones to open for you.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Trust in The Lord for he will provide and never give up. Praying for you brother.

Read your Bible and read about people like Joseph, see how he handled bad situations.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
DRDS

Post by DRDS »

Thank you all God bless.
Neha
Recognized Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Neha »

I don't pray but I do wish you the best DRDS. If you have been bullied, don't lose confidence in yourself. I would focus on your talents and skills rather than your shortcomings, everyone has shortcomings. The best way to tackle fear of inadequacy is to test yourself out. Really, you afraid of heights? Try hiking a small hill, see how difficult it actually is. Most of the times our fears are born of our impression of things and the experience may be different, and most of the times it is. :)

Sometimes we are just not prepared or our mind is troubled and we can't focus. In that time I would say just sit back, leave things you can't solve or control. Don't go to your bed with a busy head. Try to relax. Sleep more if you have been missing your sleep. Reenergize, so to say.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

One of the hardest things to go through is disappointment.
We don't always get what we want but that doesn't make it any better.
I know, I've been there too.
I am sure most of us have.
Fear is a positive emotion when it helps us to do better, to survive and that is how you must use it.
Trust in God and listen to His Word, Christ leads us always BUT sometimes it isn't to where we THINK we should go.
Open your heart and be strong because we can do anything in Him who strengthens Us !