I'm needing prayer for my ability to endure hardship

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
DRDS
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

I'm needing prayer for my ability to endure hardship

Post by DRDS »

Hey guys, lately I've been studying much about the necessity for believers to endure hard times and persecution and as I look on my life I realize I must be the all time world's worst at being able to endure hardships.

I'm an extremely weak and feeble not only physically but mentally as well. I can never seem to get my unruly emotions in check. And I know that great and excessive persecution and hard times are coming my way in the near and distant future.

And for that I sincerely and urgently ask you all to keep me in your prayers that God will help me endure hard times and persecution the way He wants and expects us to as believers.

I pray that God will give me the ability, courage and strength to get though the rest of my life. Because again, I don't have the courage, strength and the testicular fortitude that most believers or even most people in general have. I kinda wished I grew up in a more hostile and disfunctional household than what I grew up in so I could have been able to endure hard times at this point in my life.

I don't know, I really deserve to be tied to a rock and beat nearly half to death and then have the rock and me cast into the sea. I really need to find the courage and the ability to endure what's coming. I can see it, and I'm just not ready for it. Please pray that somehow I'll get the ability and the know how to endure it. God bless.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Re: I'm needing prayer for my ability to endure hardship

Post by neo-x »

DRDS,
And I know that great and excessive persecution and hard times are coming my way in the near and distant future.
What do you mean by this? are you living in someplace where you fear persecution is about to happen?
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

neo-x wrote:DRDS,
And I know that great and excessive persecution and hard times are coming my way in the near and distant future.
What do you mean by this? are you living in someplace where you fear persecution is about to happen?
I was wondering the same thing can you let us know - in the meantime will pray for you...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
DRDS

Post by DRDS »

Well, last night I was very tired and feeling rather down. I mean I"m not living in the middle east around Muslims, but in another sense we are being persecuted more by atheists and also keep in mind that there are many Muslims here in the US just waiting to manipulate things to quite possibly bring major persecution here though things like sharia law.

Also in addition, this is limited to my area, but the many of the believers here are against what we do here. They are anti intellectual, they are legalistic, and they are very watered down as well as hateful. And in a round about sense I am being treated badly by them.

There is no way I can get help from them and they won't even let me help them in any kind of way. But apart from that I don't see any hope for anything good in this life apart from the afterlife. Things are getting too bad everywhere for anything good to happen to me or possibly a whole lot of other people as well. So overall it's about enduring hard times no matter what the cause is, whether natural, circumstantial, or due to things like persecution. Bottom line, I have no testes, and I need them for what lies ahead. Thank you for your time.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

DRDS wrote:Well, last night I was very tired and feeling rather down. I mean I"m not living in the middle east around Muslims, but in another sense we are being persecuted more by atheists and also keep in mind that there are many Muslims here in the US just waiting to manipulate things to quite possibly bring major persecution here though things like sharia law.

Also in addition, this is limited to my area, but the many of the believers here are against what we do here. They are anti intellectual, they are legalistic, and they are very watered down as well as hateful. And in a round about sense I am being treated badly by them.

There is no way I can get help from them and they won't even let me help them in any kind of way. But apart from that I don't see any hope for anything good in this life apart from the afterlife. Things are getting too bad everywhere for anything good to happen to me or possibly a whole lot of other people as well. So overall it's about enduring hard times no matter what the cause is, whether natural, circumstantial, or due to things like persecution. Bottom line, I have no testes, and I need them for what lies ahead. Thank you for your time.
This happens in many areas and people wonder why things aren't happening for Christ while they attend the very places you mentioned.

You might be interested in this book by Ruth Graham-Lotz entitled: Wounded by God's People and here is a link...

Can we ask - where do you live?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
DRDS

Post by DRDS »

I live in the southeastern US.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

We can do all in HE who strengthens Us.
You are in my prayers my friend, May Our Lord strengthen you and your loved ones, May His grace fill you full of love and hope.
Day to day, moment by moment, is all we can live by.
Be strong and know that HE IS.
As Christ endured so much for Us, He will strengthen Us for all that we must endure for Him.
DRDS

Post by DRDS »

Thank you so much Paul.