Desperate prayer needs for a old friend of mine.

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
DRDS
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Desperate prayer needs for a old friend of mine.

Post by DRDS »

Hello, I'm requesting prayer for someone I have known from awhile back. She's one of the kindest individuals I've ever met. And she really loves the Lord. Anyway, back when I knew her, her dad was getting involved into politics, in fact a little later on, he was the local Judge Executive. Well, sadly, he was the polar opposite of her. He got into trouble with the law, spent some time in prison but was later released. But anyway he was having some problems with some family members (thankfully she wasn't one of them) but what happened earlier today was he murdered three of them, drove to a local cemetery and took his own life.

To make this even worse, many people in her local area despise her dad and for obvious reasons are very happy to see that he's dead. What hurts me the most about her in this situation is, one she lost her dad at such a vulnerable time in her life (she's almost 18 but not quite there yet), she lost him to a murder/suicide in which he was the perpetrator, and even worse still she has to deal with the negative backlash from people in the area who are happy that he's dead and view her with the same disdain because of who her father was. You see, the area I live in is a small rural area, where many of the 'believers" are hateful legalists who love to inflict pain on others for who knows why.

But mainly, I want you all to please pray that she will find love, peace and comfort during this horrible time. It is clearly the worst day and night of her life. But also, please pray that she will still remain close to God and not be angry with Him or even worse turn away from the faith like what many in situations like this do or can do. I don't want to mention names or places or anything like that. For the most part, I just want to leave it as it is. Thank you all for your time and God bless.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Re: Desperate prayer needs for a old friend of mine.

Post by 1over137 »

I will pray for her as well as people in the area. They really make it even more harder for her.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

I'll be praying too, DRDS. y[-o<
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
DRDS

Post by DRDS »

Thank you all so much.
PeteSinCA
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by PeteSinCA »

Praying as well.

PeteS