Prayer for the Deems

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
Rich
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Prayer for the Deems

Post by Rich »

As most of you know, my wife, Carole, has had a brain tumor for some time. Back in 1996 at the initial diagnosis, she had prayed that God would allow her to raise our three sons, Matthew, Andrew, and Mark. God has granted that request, since the youngest, Mark, is now 16 year old. However, Carole's time on earth is probably going to be pretty limited, since her condition has deteriorated significantly recently and the doctors don't think that continued treatment will be beneficial. So, Carole is receiving hospice care at home. Most of the difficult aspects of dealing with the insurance company, arranging care while I am at work and adjusting to a different lifestyle have already been worked out. However, Carole's parents are getting old (86 and 91) and are distressed. They are both Christians, but it is still difficult watching your only daughter die. I don't have a sense of what my sons are feeling. For them, mom has always had a brain tumor and I don't think the reality of the situation has sunk in. I had taken some time off work initially, but I am back at my job. I am going to be taking some time off from the website and emails to a large degree, since the demands of home life are consuming all my time. I still have some commuting time to work on godandscience when I am not driving the vanpool. I appreciate all your support and prayers from me and my family.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Prayer for the Deems

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

y[-o<
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by BavarianWheels »

May His love be felt and His grace be known.
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Ouch. Definitely praying Rich. Really sad to know the challenges you're facing but also rejoicing that God gave her a desire of her hearth in the midst of it.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
August
Old School

Post by August »

Rich, your family is in our prayers. We know God will grant you peace and strength in this difficult time. He is at His strongest when we are at our weakest.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help from our side here.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

My prayers are with you and your family Rich.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Wow, Rich. I don't know what to say. I'll be praying for your family.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
narnia4
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by narnia4 »

I'll pray for you and your family.
Young, Restless, Reformed
wrain62
Valued Member

Post by wrain62 »

Rich wrote:As most of you know, my wife, Carole, has had a brain tumor for some time. Back in 1996 at the initial diagnosis, she had prayed that God would allow her to raise our three sons, Matthew, Andrew, and Mark.
I am Matthew. My younger brother is Mark. My older brother is Andrés. This is strangely similar.
Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

in our prayers!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

All of you will be in our thoughts and prayers Rich. May the Good Lord watch over you all and may His will be done. y[-o<
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

Ephesians 3:14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

Praying for you and your family! May God's will be done in all things and I pray he comforts through you whatever that will be.
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".