Prayers Needed

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Prayers Needed

Post by August »

Hi, please keep two families in your prayers.

Two of our church members were struck by a pickup while crossing the road. Tim is in grave condition with multiple brain injuries, and he has not been given much chance of survival. Linda suffered a broken pelvis and numerous other injuries. Please keep Tim and Linda, and their two daughters in your prayers for a miraculous recovery.

Micah, father of three young boys, suffered a seizure and hit his head, fracturing his skull along the side from front to back, and inflicting some serious brain trauma with him as well. He is currently unable to breathe on his own, while the brain swelling seems to have stabilized. Please raise him and his family up in your prayers for his breathing to improve, and for a full recovery.

Thanks and God bless.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Prayers Needed

Post by Silvertusk »

That is horrendous August - Prayers sent up.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

y[-o<
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Will certainly keep both families in our prayers August. y[-o<
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

y[-o<
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Praying.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
August
Old School

Post by August »

Update...

Micah was taken off the ventilator today. He is still in critical condition with his brain trauma, but the ARDS is gone. He is responding to stimuli and his family though, so progress every day.

Tim, on the other hand, is not doing so well. His condition has not changed over the last 48 hours, and the doctors said that if he does not show improvement after 10 days, then discussions start about whether to keep life support going or not. Tomorrow will be day 7.

Please keep praying for both these men and their families and caretakers.
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

narnia4

Post by narnia4 »

I'll pray for them.
Young, Restless, Reformed
goldmoor
Familiar Member

Post by goldmoor »

don't fret you got my prayer [-o<
for God has not given us a spirit of fear,but power and of love and of a sound mind 2timonthy1:7

he has given us power to overcome any obstacle,love to endured any and all hardship and a sound mind to solve any problem and have peace inside and out so truly what is it that we should fear
August
Old School

Post by August »

Thank you everyone for your prayers.

Tim passed away this afternoon, with his wife and daughter by his side. He had too much brain trauma, and would never have been able to walk or speak again.

Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

May his soul be in rest with the Lord and he know forever joy. And may his family know the peace of Christ and Gods love and comfort be with them in abundance.

August - Do you know what happened to the driver of the Pickup?
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Prayers for his family and loved ones. y[-o<
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
August
Old School

Post by August »

No news on what happened to the driver. It is apparently a bad intersection, with plenty of similar incidents.