Friend who's falling away...

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
Vash
Recognized Member

Friend who's falling away...

Post by Vash »

Hello everyone. I have a friend who's been in a different state for a while and he says that somehow being away from home has drained most of his faith and he's starting to just not care about Christianity as a result (he's not reading his Bible, listening to his worship music, praying or anything).

I'd appreciate it if everyone kept him in your prayers. Thank you.
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Friend who's falling away...

Post by FFC »

Vash wrote:Hello everyone. I have a friend who's been in a different state for a while and he says that somehow being away from home has drained most of his faith and he's starting to just not care about Christianity as a result (he's not reading his Bible, listening to his worship music, praying or anything).

I'd appreciate it if everyone kept him in your prayers. Thank you.
I'll pray for him but I think he may need a little gentle Christian rebuking.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Vash
Recognized Member

Post by Vash »

Update:

Firstly, thank you FFC, and anyone else who prayed. I spoke to my friend for the first time in two weeks a couple of days ago and he's more faithful than ever now. In fact, after a long talk, he started helping me with some struggles I'm going through now too.

Thank you very much to everyone, again. I really appreciate it. :D

-Vash
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Vash wrote:Update:

Firstly, thank you FFC, and anyone else who prayed. I spoke to my friend for the first time in two weeks a couple of days ago and he's more faithful than ever now. In fact, after a long talk, he started helping me with some struggles I'm going through now too.

Thank you very much to everyone, again. I really appreciate it. :D

-Vash
That's good news Vash!

It always best to have someone nearby who in person you can talk and pray with.

Hope it is a healthy and growing relationship for both of you.

Bar
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender