I am in tears

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

I am in tears

Post by Byblos »

I just read on the news that one of my childhood friends and thru high school, just died in an Israeli air raid while taking his morning walk.

From the news post:
Midday Roundup: Israel's Destruction of Lebanon Infrastructure Expands to Christian Heartland

Close to the Madfun bridge, the daughters of Lebanese Christian Joseph Bassil were yelling with grief as they mourned the death of their father who was killed as he was taking his morning walk by the bridge.

http://www.naharnet.com/domino/tn/NewsD ... C0004110D7

Today's raids on the Christian cities effectively totally isolated the country from the outside as well as fragmentally within. No food or energy supplies can go in from anywhere.

The sadness and grief I feel in my heart is unimaginable. I humbly ask all of you to pray for us. My faith is shaken yet I know somehow God will protect us, he always has. But today, my faith is shaken.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
August
Old School
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

That is terrible, I am so sorry to hear. You are in my prayers, as is Josephs family.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

That is Definately a Terrible thing!!!

May the Lord Keep you Close to him and Bless you!

In Christ
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Byblos, my friend.

I grieve with you.

Will this killing never cease.

Bart
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

You and your friend's family will be in my prayers. Very sorry to hear what has befallen those close to you. :(
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

I Cry Today

I cry today
and numbness breaks
while tears flow unrestrained;
images play over crossing back and forth
from the surreal
to lodge into painful reality

threads rip from the fabric
a pattern, which can never again be

grief is real and all I feel

War marches
Pounding feet within my head and life
It marches again, as it marched before
But now its feet are mine
caught in the threads now ripped
a marionette of pain and vengeance

I think clearly with face wet
Resigned to death
as numbness renews
And yet I can

I see the cost
That death will fall again, again and again
And feet will pound while nations drown

And we will pay
For justice is never without cost

...only deliver justice without hate
For the cost of hate, is too great
And vengeance belongs to Him

Bart Breen
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

How terrible, my brother. It goes without saying that you are and have been in my prayers. Just know that I am here for you if you need to talk. I still grieve over childhood friends that have passed on when ever they come into my mind. It's so sad. Just know that God is very close to you and the family of your friend at this time.

Psa 34:18 The LORD [is] nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Psa 147:3 He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.

Jhn 11:33 When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled,

Jhn 11:34 And said, Where have ye laid him? They said unto him, Lord, come and see.

Jhn 11:35 Jesus wept.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words, it is truly a comfort.

Earlier I was reading a blog on the war and an anonymous poster from Israel recounted almost the same story where his friend also died from a rocket attack. It was a reminder that innocent people are dieing on both sides, Lebanon as well as Israel. Please let us keep them in our prayers.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
bluesman
Established Member

One Day Jesus will bring peace

Post by bluesman »

Even though I have been going through my own personal rough time.
I still have it good, Thanks be to God, compared to many going though
famines and wars.

Too many innocent people are paying the price when the truly evil of this world stay safe. My heart feel for these innocent people and those who grieve for them. I wish I could say things will get better soon. Only Jesus can do that.

God Bless and Comfort

Michael Thomas
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Byblos,

I was late to your post here... I'm very very sorry to see this happen. Especially when innocent people get in the way. My hopes here is that when Lebanon get's rebuilt, it will get rebuilt stronger...

Take care champ..

G -
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »