Suicidal friend

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
amazinggrace
Newbie Member

Suicidal friend

Post by amazinggrace »

I know this may sound sort of removed from my own issue and irrelative to me since I dont even know the person who I was asked to pray for. But my close friend has a close friend who is going through a lot of issues right now and it's gotten so bad that he's thinking about suicide. In fact, he's already attempted it once. What's worse is that he doesn't really know God yet and hasn't accepted Jesus as his personal Lord and savior. He's been attending church on and off but it doesn't seem to be helping him at all. My friend asked for me to pray for this friend but I need help praying-if that makes sense.... :? Please help.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Suicidal friend

Post by Canuckster1127 »

amazinggrace wrote:I know this may sound sort of removed from my own issue and irrelative to me since I dont even know the person who I was asked to pray for. But my close friend has a close friend who is going through a lot of issues right now and it's gotten so bad that he's thinking about suicide. In fact, he's already attempted it once. What's worse is that he doesn't really know God yet and hasn't accepted Jesus as his personal Lord and savior. He's been attending church on and off but it doesn't seem to be helping him at all. My friend asked for me to pray for this friend but I need help praying-if that makes sense.... :? Please help.
I'm praying.

If there's an immediate threat and your friend believes this suicidal friend is at risk of acting out, they need to call someone and intervene.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
bluesman
Established Member
Christian: No

laugh at our self.

Post by bluesman »

I had a cousin who

The pain it causes is the worst

So when we know in advance strong intervention is called for.

I don't really favour drugs, but sometimes to get over bad times such as these. better than suicide .

No matter how bad things are sometimes we need to learn to laugh at ourselves. Sometimes we make out problems to be bigger than they are.

Anyways not knowing the issues he faces all I can do is pray for him.

That he will take his burden to the lord and leave it there. That Jesus will come and carry him through this period of his life. That Jesus will lay healing hands on his heart and help fix or cope with the issues he faces.
That Jesus will make him feel like he is loved. Amen

Michael Thomas
amazinggrace
Newbie Member

Post by amazinggrace »

thank you for your prayers. i hope i can stay committed to praying and trusting that God will take things into His own hands and work things out for the best.