Prayers about work

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
Blessed
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Prayers about work

Postby Blessed » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:34 am

I had a job interview when I was 26-27 offering me 80k per year plus bonus, 401k , healthcare etc while I was trying to start my own business. I turned the job offer down and decided to continue my 80+ hour weeks trying to get away from the corporate plantation instead.

They called me into a weird rushed interview and said they examined me and needed me to start training underneath the man I was expected to replace. It's a long story but this man had been a loyal employee for 33 years. The VP told me point blank - they needed me to start ASAP in order to meet the time table in firing this guy otherwise they would have to pay his pension. At the time I was young and floored by their bluntness and sense of urgency. It felt like "treachery" to me.

"He was grandfathered under rules of a different time"
"Things don't work like this anymore"
"His pension comes directly out of our quarterlies"
"He's gotten too comfortable"
"He's just coasting along"
"He's got less than 2 years to go"
"We need a young go getter to fill his shoes"

After I left they would go back out to the office and smile work and talk with this guy as though nothing ever happened.

I refused the job. One of many experiences. Encouraged me to keep trying to go off on my own. Reminded me why I never wanna go back to the farm.

Nicki
Valued Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Postby Nicki » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:32 am

Kurieuo wrote:Well,an update. Things are quite tough at the moment, Plan A is not working out as I'd hoped. I'm kind of at a crossroad in my life. Thankfully, I've got some savings, but I really don't know right now. I normally have a clear direction that I see to go in, but it seems that direction has just been shut down. Please pray I figure out or receive some direction. It's a lot harder when you just don't know what to do.

I found another Bible verse when things were a bit tough a while back - Ps 34:10 - in the CEV -

'Young lions may go hungry or even starve, but if you trust the Lord, you will never miss out on anything good.'

Situations can be turned right around. I remember when my husband started his current job maybe a couple of years ago now, it seemed like a pile of **** - his boss would give him a total bollocking for doing something wrong (like very picky things it seemed) and he'd come home very down. He must have proved himself though in the next few weeks to be a good worker and got into their favour, and he's been enjoying the job since then. His previous job really was **** - he was casual and supposed to get 50-60 hours work a week but soon ended up only working 3-4 days a week. So I was very thankful for the turnaround in this current job. Anyway, I just mean you never know what can happen. :)

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Postby abelcainsbrother » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:06 pm

I'll be praying for you too.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Postby neo-x » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:42 am

Prayers for you and Hana.

God be with you and hopefully show you which way to go on.
People treat facts as relevant more when the facts tend to support their opinions. When the facts are against their opinions, they don't necessarily deny the facts, but they say the facts are less relevant or insignificant. This is ofcourse because believing things that make you feel comfortable, takes a priority. And I think that should not be the case if one is after truth.

http://johnadavid.wordpress.com

Return to “Prayer Requests”