Rick and others down Florida way

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Rick and others down Florida way

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:Seriously, Rick, how are things going down there - lots of power out in the area?
Where I am, it's mostly back to normal. I mean besides all the houses that were destroyed, and businesses that were flooded.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Your flooding there is very similar to what we experienced in our area awhile back. Catastrophic where it touched, with areas of higher ground, much less damage.

As for those living right on coastal areas, I'm always rather amazed that they remain there, if they have a choice (many don't). Even if you rarely get a really bad hurricane, you're still likely gonna be playing that every other year or so game of "Do I leave or do I ride it out?" - which is nerve-wracking. Getting evacuated every several years, wondering whether leaving will be worse, or vice versa - I can't believe it's worth all that to stay so close to the ocean. I had many aunts and uncles in Charleston, growing up. But they only got hit really bad once - by Hugo, in 1989.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:Your flooding there is very similar to what we experienced in our area awhile back. Catastrophic where it touched, with areas of higher ground, much less damage.

As for those living right on coastal areas, I'm always rather amazed that they remain there, if they have a choice (many don't). Even if you rarely get a really bad hurricane, you're still likely gonna be playing that every other year or so game of "Do I leave or do I ride it out?" - which is nerve-wracking. Getting evacuated every several years, wondering whether leaving will be worse, or vice versa - I can't believe it's worth all that to stay so close to the ocean. I had many aunts and uncles in Charleston, growing up. But they only got hit really bad once - by Hugo, in 1989.
The houses near me that got flooded, are mostly on a creek. This is the 3rd time that many of these houses have been flooded, in the 12 years I've lived here. I don't feel bad for the people who have lived there for all 3 floods. They're idiots. They could've sold their homes and got a much nicer home away from the water.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony