Genesis 9:1-6

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Genesis 9:1-6

Post by bizzt »

How come Noah was not allowed to Eat Meat before the Flood?
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

9:4 "Only you shall not eat flesh with its life, {that is,} its blood.
One of the many evidences that the Bible was inspired by God is the secrets that have revealed in it thousands of years before science figured it out. God is only saying, DO NOT EAT RAW MEAT. When I first cooked hamburger meat, I was told to cook it until the blood all poured out, then it was ready. Raw or uncooked meat, as you know, is full of bacteria. Eating it could kill you or give you the squirts for days. The French, on the other hand, put raw meat on the menu and pour it through a grinder and serve you bacteria a la cow....some people are slow learners.
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:
9:4 "Only you shall not eat flesh with its life, {that is,} its blood.
One of the many evidences that the Bible was inspired by God is the secrets that have revealed in it thousands of years before science figured it out. God is only saying, DO NOT EAT RAW MEAT. When I first cooked hamburger meat, I was told to cook it until the blood all poured out, then it was ready. Raw or uncooked meat, as you know, is full of bacteria. Eating it could kill you or give you the squirts for days. The French, on the other hand, put raw meat on the menu and pour it through a grinder and serve you bacteria a la cow....some people are slow learners.
LOL... You do know that it is a YEC argument to not eat meat :wink:

P.S. Look at 9:3
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Um....how does meat tie in with believing in a young universe? Don't attach extremely stupid ideas to me instantly. Wait for me to tell you then laugh.

Verse 3 just says we can eat me, just as we can eat plants.
9:3
"Every moving thing that is alive shall be food for you; I give all to you, as {I gave} the green plant.

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

-Anonymous
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:Um....how does meat tie in with believing in a young universe? Don't attach extremely stupid ideas to me instantly. Wait for me to tell you then laugh.

Verse 3 just says we can eat me, just as we can eat plants.
9:3
"Every moving thing that is alive shall be food for you; I give all to you, as {I gave} the green plant.
LOL... Ok so most YEC's believe that Animals did not kill each other before the Flood or maybe before Sin?? Humans did not eat meat before the Flood is another known YEC argument.

Here is a quote from one such person who believes in the YEC argument
I feel that once sin entered into the world, and death came as a result of sin, that many animals at first became scavengers. They ate dead or dying animals. This kept the environment "clean and healthy." I feel that actually hunting of live prey happened as a result of additional nutritional needs encountered after the FLOOD. Also, GOD tells Noah that he is then permitted to eat flesh after the FLOOD in Genesis 9:1-6. This is a permissive development that is not eluded to previously for humans.
Do you agree?

p.s By the way I was not laughing directly at you just the remarks you said in your post for example "the squirts"
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

OK, here goes. I don't think animals ate each other before the Flood. I think after the Flood, God did the same thing He did at the Tower of Babel-reworked the circuitry. Everyone spoke the same language, but then God messed up all the languages, which involves changing their memories into their new language, along with the actual invention of a new language (from grammer structure to words). All the animals could have been vegetarians, until God did the same thing. Yes, many animals are herbivores or omnivores, but the obvious answer to that is if all animals are carnivores, they won't last for long because the plants provide the bottom of the food web. I don't think it was a natural event that made animals eat each other. God did it. It's about as bad as some liberal theologians that are teaching some of the ex-students at our class in college that most of the plagues in Egypt were just blamed on God, but were just natural events (except for the plague on the firstborn, which they couldn't make an excuse with).

- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

-Anonymous
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

Thanks Kmart for your opinion :D
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

(except for the plague on the firstborn, which they couldn't make an excuse with).

This one is actually easy to say what caused it, just as it is easy to explain all the first 9 plagues, including thinking that the Nile was red because of the red algae bloom, or red tide.

Firstborn sons were always seens as the pride of the family. And feeding them double the portions was seen as making them stronger and healthier. Food rations were kept in silos at the time. By the time all the plagues had come through the land, the bacteria of the "plagues" had made its way through their food in the silos. When it was time to feed the family, the oldest received two portions. Because he had much more food than the other children, he died because there was enough bacteria to kill him and not the others.

God is not a killing God. He is a God of love, mercy, and hope.
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

attentionkmartshoppers:

the plagues could have been natural, that's okay. God has the power to evoke natural causes to serve his purposes. the plagues being attributable to natural causes does not detract from his glory...he is responsible for ALL things natural!
Dan
Valued Member

Post by Dan »

colors wrote:attentionkmartshoppers:

the plagues could have been natural, that's okay. God has the power to evoke natural causes to serve his purposes. the plagues being attributable to natural causes does not detract from his glory...he is responsible for ALL things natural!
It does detract from the power Moses received from God, I'm pretty sure it was that really spiffy staff had to do something with those plagues.