Re: Is Jesus God? And Why it Matters.

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21491
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 200 times
Been liked: 1101 times

Re: Re: Is Jesus God? And Why it Matters.

#316

Post by RickD » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:41 am

Nessa wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:06 am
Rick, God sent Lonnie here to make you appreciate Kenny

:mrgreen:
:shock:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

LonnieOwesn1973
Established Member
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Re: Is Jesus God? And Why it Matters.

#317

Post by LonnieOwesn1973 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:22 am

RickD wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:21 pm
Lonnie,

I posted this before. You must've missed it, or ignored it. The answer in the link explains your question.

https://www.gotquestions.org/did-God-die.html
Lol.... seriously you are going to send me a link that states the exact same thing I have said about the Physical Body dying and not being spiritually deal...

Explanation of how our spirits being immortal...

Genesis 2:7 Then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

God gave part of himself so that we ALL could live...

Like I said can God die?
God cannot die because God is a Spirit and has no physical form.

Just goes to show that no one is actually willing to read my posts...lol

LonnieOwesn1973
Established Member
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Re: Is Jesus God? And Why it Matters.

#318

Post by LonnieOwesn1973 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:56 am

so before people start blasting me for avoiding something, try to actually read my posts..

you don't even believe your own doctrine if you are going to send me to links that do not support your way of thinking...

a true believer will speak what he believes.

When you can answer, Can God die? according to your own beliefs, that Jesus is God of the Genesis, in your own words, then we have a discussion... I have never veered from my beliefs nor my explanations of them... However, y'all have all avoided my questions because you cannot answer any of them with conviction...

LonnieOwesn1973
Established Member
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Is Jesus God? And Why it Matters.

#319

Post by LonnieOwesn1973 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:02 am

Philip wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:48 pm
Lon: And I'm not the one saying God died... he is either God or he isn't... plain and simple...
And you know Rick and I aren't saying Jesus died other than His body did. No Trinity doctrinal point states that Jesus spirit ceased to exist upon His physical death. It's a strawman argument you are redundantly repeating.

Now you are irrelevantly referring to a non-canonical book (Enoch) - which, by the way, no scholar believes was written by the actual Enoch of Scripture. No one knows WHO wrote it, nor if what is in it is historically truth, partly so, mostly fiction - we just don't and can't know. But the rest of Scripture came from either God's hand-picked prophets, Jesus, one of His apostles, or a close and know associate of one. God didn't put out mystery books from unvalidated / supposed prophets or people asserting to speak as inspired by God!

Before all of this, you argued relentlessly that Jesus couldn't be both the Son of God AND also God Himself. And yet Isaiah 9 refutes this:

" For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

So, clearly, Isaiah prophecied a human child would be born, "a SON," and one of His GOD names would be "The Mighty God." And you've gone on and on about this point - totally refuted. And that prophesied Son, for the prophecy to have been fulfilled, it would have HAD to have been fulfilled before the Jewish Temple / State and sacrificial system ended with the sacking of Jerusalem in AD 70.

You don't believe what Isaiah 9, not John 1, etc., etc. say, and now you're hanging your hat on "Jesus can't be God because He died" - knowing full well we are not saying Jesus died in the same sense you are. Face it, you simply fail to believe what the Bible actually says about Jesus.

But at least stop your strawmen arguments!
I want someone to post one thing where I said that God died... Please I beg of you ... just one thing ... and Isaiah Gave Immanuel the names, Isaiah did not give those names to Jesus....

God said the child's name would be Immanuel, but the Child was called Jesus instead, why did God change the name for one to another? because man already had placed divinity on Immanuel and that is not what God meant... try reading the whole thing instead of quoting bits an pieces...

the only Prophecy that was fulfilled, in Jesus by Isaiah, was a son being born of a virgin...

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21491
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 200 times
Been liked: 1101 times

Re: Re: Is Jesus God? And Why it Matters.

#320

Post by RickD » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:59 am

I'm locking this thread. It's gotten way past the point of any productive discussion.

If anyone besides Lonnie, needs to post something here that would be productive, please contact a moderator, and we'll decide if it should be unlocked.

Lonnie,

As a non-Christian on a Christian forum, you are a guest. You are allowed to post here if you follow the forum rules that you agreed to, when you signed up here.

You are skating on thin ice.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

Locked