Re: Is Jesus God? And Why it Matters.

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Lonnie,

Answer the question:

If so, WHAT is Jesus?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
LonnieOwesn1973
Established Member

Post by LonnieOwesn1973 »

RickD wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:07 pm Lonnie,

Answer the question:

If so, WHAT is Jesus?
I have already answered that question multiple time I am sorry if Y'all don't like to read posts...
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Re: Is Jesus God? And Why it Matters.

Post by PaulSacramento »

LonnieOwesn1973 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:05 pm
PaulSacramento wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:55 pm Again I ask:
Is Paul Wrong?
Is John Wrong?
Is Jesus Wrong?

If so, WHAT is Jesus?
it is my belief that your interpretation is wrong nut I am allowed that luxury as it is only my opinion...

John never once said Christ was God or even a god lol so in my opinion your interpretation is wrong as well...

And Jesus never once claimed to be God anywhere lol so I know he is not wrong, it is however my opinion that your interpretation is wrong because you are not taking into account all that Jesus has said because you seem to be ignoring a lot of where is states he is not God nor is he a God....lol...
Paul explicitly states that Jesus has the same nature, the same form as God.
No interpretation needed.
John explicitly states that the word ( Jesus) is God.
Jesus clearly states that He is I AM and they try to stone him for it !

I ask you again, WHAT is Jesus?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

LonnieOwesn1973 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:11 pm

Answer the question:

If so, WHAT is Jesus?
I have already answered that question multiple time I am sorry if Y'all don't like to read posts...
No, you didn't. You said that Jesus in the Son of God. What is His nature?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

LonnieOwesn1973
Established Member

RickD wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:13 pm
LonnieOwesn1973 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:11 pm

Answer the question:

If so, WHAT is Jesus?
No, you didn't. Yo said that Jesus in the Son of God. What is His nature?
Seriously...lol....

ok... so what you are telling me that his "nature" makes him God instead of him being with God before creation???

Jesus is a man, begotten by God through Marry and is a servant of God, as we all are servants of God.. Followers of the teachings of Christ but beholden to the one true God YHWH or I AM... you choose...

now if you want to get down to the divinity of Christ we can do that as well since you will not, or rather cannot, answer the question of how can you prove Jesus was with God from the beginning??? you have already debunked the fact that Jesus was the God of the Genesis...

plus you are defending your faith not defending Christ lol... Christ needs no defense...

Just like I do not need to defend my Faith, and haven't because there is nothing to defend it against....
LonnieOwesn1973
Established Member

Y'alll can't establish a fact on the Jesus was the God of Genesis so you want to turn things around and try to establish his nature now???....lol...

Mark 10:45 “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.” what is his nature according to his own words???? Definitely not God or he would not have said he did not come to be served. God created Man to serve him, believe it or not....
LonnieOwesn1973
Established Member

Fine if Jesus was God, was in the fullness of God or even a part of the Holy trinity explain this one...

Matthew 12:23 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

back and forth always with you guys lol....you can't prove Jesus was the God of Genesis so you ask as to the Nature of God... Seriously people... you want to believe there are 3 persons in one God, as is the doctrine of the Holy Trinity, and yes I know what it means and always have....

If we can Blaspheme against the Son of Man, as Jesus has referred to himself as being, and it be can be forgiven, then Jesus is not God. The Holy Spirit is the Power of God and not a separate person.... if you blaspheme against the power of God then there is no forgiveness... EVER!!!!
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Let me ask you a question Lonnie, whoever and whatever you believe Jesus is, do you at least believe he succeeded in his mission? I'm assuming your answer should, at least in principal, be a resounding yes, since you profess to be a Christian. So that wasn't my question, it is this one: why do you think Jesus was able to succeed when the endless charade of prophets before him all failed?
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
LonnieOwesn1973
Established Member

Byblos wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:26 pm Let me ask you a question Lonnie, whoever and whatever you believe Jesus is, do you at least believe he succeeded in his mission? I'm assuming your answer should, at least in principal, be a resounding yes, since you profess to be a Christian. So that wasn't my question, it is this one: why do you think Jesus was able to succeed when the endless charade of prophets before him all failed?
And you are correct I absolutely agree he accomplished his task and here is why..

1. Ne never pretended to be God.
2. He taught to Love everyone no matter what..
3. He taught to obey God and resist the devil.
4. He showed compassion and charity.
5. He always made it clear that what he says has come from God and not himself..
6. He lead by example...
would I have liked to have been there to witness the miracles God performed through him??? absolutely...

you see I use to be a very bad person, and it was God who brought me back to scripture... and it was then I started reading the Gospels of Christ and it moved me to the point to where violence is no longer apart of me...

I am a curious person so when someone says something I honestly would like to know how and why they came to their beliefs... is that wrong???...

and Thank you for the honest a non condescending question....
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

LonnieOwesn1973 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:19 pm you can't prove Jesus was the God of Genesis
But Scripture can and does...
One more time... back to John 1:1-3
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.
John 1:3 says that All things came into being through the Word (Jesus)
Genesis 1:1 says
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
John 1:3 says that Jesus created all things
Genesis 1:1 says that God created the heavens and the earth

Once again Lonnie's assertions are directly contradicted by Scripture.

Here's a little tracking list of Scriptures that directly contradict Lonnie's false statements:
The Word (Jesus) was WITH God (John 1:1)
The Word (Jesus) WAS God (John 1:1)
All things were made through the Word (Jesus) (John 1:3)
Jesus is a valid object of worship (Mat 14:33)
The Son of God is a valid object of worship (Mat 14:33)
Jesus claimed to be the Lord of the Sabbath. (Yahweh) (Matthew 12:8)
Jesus claimed to be I AM (Yahweh) (John 8:58)
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

LonnieOwesn1973 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:40 am So would someone please explain to my why God would ask God whay has he forsaken himself???
Do you believe it would be impossible for God to be born into our world in human form?

As for a response to your own question. Do you not know that Jesus is making a direct quote of Psalm 22:1 where it says, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me." He is in fact pointing to His identity as the Messiah in Jewish Scriptures, who was actually prophesied in Jewish Scriptures as a suffering Messiah rather than militant.

Down further in Psalm 22 we read something very prophetic of the Messiah, and Jesus:
16 Dogs surround me,
a pack of villains encircles me;
they pierce my hands and my feet.
17 All my bones are on display;
people stare and gloat over me.
18 They divide my clothes among them
and cast lots for my garment.
Trinitarian belief, as it is normally understood by educated Christians, is that there are three persons (revealed to us in Scripture), yet these three all share the same attributes that could only be assigned to God. Thus, the common formula is three persons, one divine nature.

So then, Jesus can talk to the Father, because they are different persons, and yet the both are co-eternal, the Great I AM. Jesus once revealed His nature while teaching in the temple saying: "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am." (John 8:58)

What did the surrounding Jews do, no doubt comprised of the chief priests and Pharisees that we read of in the previous chapter? "They picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple." Why did they do that? Because they were well aware to what Jesus was claiming of His own nature, which was God status. (Exodus 3:14)

The Apostle Paul says in Philippians 2 that Jesus was God by nature:
Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.
So then, again I ask you, do you think it impossible for God to come into our world in human form? If not, then what would that look like? Is God still keeping the world running while walking around on Earth? Does God still know everything that is going on? Who's doing the walking while God is sustaining everything in existence?

Here's another thought for you to consider. Could the Lord God who "walked" with Adam and Eve in Genesis (Gen 3:8) not be the very same person born to a woman named Mary some 2000 years ago, who we know according to John 1 is also fundamentally the creator of everything?

Praying that you see the truth in Scripture. Scripture should always be our guide.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

Our forum doesn't even have a door and the jw's still come knocking :lol:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Lonnie,

Are you a Jehovah's Witness?

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

I think yes, and if not j.w then another type of cult.

Smells fishy... And no it's not me :shock:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:49 pm I think yes, and if not j.w then another type of cult.

Smells fishy... And no it's not me :shock:
I think I just :xxpuke: a little bit.

-Edward R Murrow