Do Muslims, Christians & Jews Worship Same God?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Blessed
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Trump Moving U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem!!!

Post by Blessed »

Mallz wrote: The bible does say Jesus is God, most specifically John 8:58. That is Jesus claiming Divinity. Jesus is God, the Father is God and the Holy Spirit is God. The difference between the three is only relationship. God is one. And why do you care what Judaism has to say on the matter? And we aren't Gentiles, btw. Galatians 3:28. Everyone is separated from God no matter their label and Jesus is the only bridge for everyone. The gate isn't the Father, not sure where you are getting that? Confusion of knowledge of God won't lead you to hell, either.
Jesus said he existed before Abraham. He never said "I am God the Father". The human mind fills in the blanks. Certainly Jesus would have existed (along with other heavenly deities) before Abraham.

Judaism was the original cigar. The foundation of Monotheism as we know it. Predating Christianity. Anyone who is not Jewish - is a Gentile by default. This is stated throughout the Bible.

God made a covenant with Jews in the Old Testament. Never will I leave you never will I forsake you. Jews are obviously under a different set of laws vs. Gentiles. Since Jews are a chosen people - I find it impossible to believe Jews receive an automatic ticket to hell for not accepting Christ as God. The Jews deal directly with God and it says so over and over in the Torah (Old Testament).

The gate is Jesus. Yes.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

Blessed wrote: Jesus said he existed before Abraham. He never said "I am God the Father". The human mind fills in the blanks. Certainly Jesus would have existed (along with other heavenly deities) before Abraham.
Judaism was the original cigar. The foundation of Monotheism as we know it. Predating Christianity. Anyone who is not Jewish - is a Gentile by default. This is stated throughout the Bible.
God made a covenant with Jews in the Old Testament. Never will I leave you never will I forsake you. Jews are obviously under a different set of laws vs. Gentiles. Since Jews are a chosen people - I find it impossible to believe Jews receive an automatic ticket to hell for not accepting Christ as God. The Jews deal directly with God and it says so over and over in the Torah (Old Testament).
The gate is Jesus. Yes.
You don't understand the significance of saying "I AM" nor the response to it (read it). Do you not remember the times Jesus accepted worship? Exodus 3:14. No, reason fills in the blanks and understanding Jewish thought and theology of the day. And even if you didn't know the Jewish understanding of the day the words and context of them in the scriptures plainly show it.

Everyone in Christ is a new creation, not a Jew, not a Gentile. Is this news to you? The foundation of Monotheism was before the Jewish religion was founded. Do you think Adam, Enoch and Noah worshiped a different God than Abraham? You should read more of the OT and see that the Jews divorced themselves from God and murdered their God when He came to bring the kingdom. You read the NT, right? It doesn't matter what you find impossible, what matters is what is. Everyone, including Jews, need to accept Jesus for Who He Is. They are treated the same as anyone else. The only thing that's 'special' about the Jews, if you want to even say that, is that God promised to restore the Jewish nation which will happen at the end of the tribulation, when they, guess what? Zechariah 12:10, read Romans 11 as well. Before they are restored, they will recognize and accept Jesus as Messiah.

As for the underlined, you know there is one God, right? What are you talking about when you say 'other heavenly dieties'? Do you have a JW or Mormon background? And, also, remember, anyone who lives by the law will die by it. What 'law' do you think the gentiles are under? Do you equate Christian with Gentile? That would be a false thing to do..
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

Philip wrote:
Confusion of knowledge of God won't lead you to hell, either.
Not certain what is meant by this statement?
Perhaps it would be better to say "confusion or lack of knowledge..." The one thing that is clear is that those who believe in the name of Jesus Christ will be saved, no other qualifiers. Question, do you think that someone who always mocked this Jesus guy they kinda heard about would be saved if, when he was dying, said, "Jesus remember me in your kingdom"? Yeah, we all know I'm talking about the thief on the cross. One can be confused or have lack of knowledge of Him and still place their faith in the person of Jesus Christ. Kinda like Abraham who only knew one from His seed would rise up (do we even think Abraham knew it would be God in the flesh?).
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: Do Muslims, Christians & Jews Worship Same God?

Post by Kurieuo »

Blessed, I'd encourage you to work your way through the play list of videos at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gCv-FA ... wbbQNCS6Qf
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Mallz: Perhaps it would be better to say "confusion or lack of knowledge..." The one thing that is clear is that those who believe in the name of Jesus Christ will be saved, no other qualifiers.
There IS a qualifier - if one believes in a false Jesus - per the Mormons, Muslims, Jehovah Witnesses, they are denying WHAT and Who Jesus actually is (God!), and are asserting Him to be a created being. Some teach a Jesus who was never resurrected - a rejection of the Gospel. Faith in such a false Jesus is not sufficient, in fact, it will not save them. Else, why not consider such cultists to be saved?

Note the following additions in Scripture that flesh out the condition and belief of the heart and mind concerning Jesus, indicating one's salvation:

"if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

This tells me one must have, before God, come to a belief in the historical truth of the Resurrection. Believing Jesus is LORD - does faith in a created being save a person? Does one allow anyone but God to rule over their hearts and minds as Lord? And, of course, it is not a mere intellectual belief, as the demons have (James 2:19). It's also a surrender of the will, recognizing one's need to be saved, and having a desire of the heart and mind in commitment and recognition as to Whom exactly the Lord is. Might such a person, having come to this point of surrender, not still have misconceptions about God and theology - of course they can, and do. But it's also a point of the beginning of the sanctification process.

Let's see what the saved thief acknowledged, as to what was in His heart and mind concerning Jesus:

He' acknowledges his sins:

"Do you not even fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? 41 "And we indeed are suffering justly, for we are receiving what we deserve for our deeds;

He acknowledges Jesus is God:

42 And he was saying, "Jesus, remember me when You come in Your kingdom!"

WHOSE Kingdom is in eternity? GOD's Kingdom - the one the thief acknowledges Jesus to be the Owner of. And this thief "calls on the name of the Lord" - the only One who has the power to save Him and bring Him into an eternal Kingdom with God: "Remember me when you come into your Kingdom."

That thief didn't have a sudden degree in theology, but he DID have a sudden change of mind and heart - and just in time!
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

No Jew or Muslim believes that they worship the same God as Christians do.

Christians worship a God that has a shared nature ( Trinity).
They believe in salvation base don what God does and and NOT what they do.
They believe that God wants us to choose Him and believe in Him out of love, not fear or subjugation.
They believe that God offers salvation from judgment for those that believe in His Son and no other, that all others will be judged.
They believe that God came in the flesh and that He died and was resurrected and that ALL rests on THAT FACT ( the resurrection).

No Jew or Muslim believes that.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Blessed wrote:
Mallz wrote: The bible does say Jesus is God, most specifically John 8:58. That is Jesus claiming Divinity. Jesus is God, the Father is God and the Holy Spirit is God. The difference between the three is only relationship. God is one. And why do you care what Judaism has to say on the matter? And we aren't Gentiles, btw. Galatians 3:28. Everyone is separated from God no matter their label and Jesus is the only bridge for everyone. The gate isn't the Father, not sure where you are getting that? Confusion of knowledge of God won't lead you to hell, either.
Jesus said he existed before Abraham. He never said "I am God the Father". The human mind fills in the blanks. Certainly Jesus would have existed (along with other heavenly deities) before Abraham.

The gate is Jesus. Yes.

Covenant with Israel, not the Jews. There is a difference.
And Israel are all those, born and adopted, that follow and believe in God.
The caveat of course is, "do they"?
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

Philip wrote: There IS a qualifier - if one believes in a false Jesus - per the Mormons, Muslims, Jehovah Witnesses, they are denying WHAT and Who Jesus actually is (God!), and are asserting Him to be a created being. Some teach a Jesus who was never resurrected - a rejection of the Gospel. Faith in such a false Jesus is not sufficient, in fact, it will not save them. Else, why not consider such cultists to be saved?..."
I still don't see a qualifier. The name of Jesus the Christ has meaning and points to the person who is Jesus. The others you talk about created a Jesus of their own making, who is not Jesus Christ. The thief put faith into who Jesus is. There are many people today named Jesus and their names point to their persons.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Mallz:
I still don't see a qualifier. The name of Jesus the Christ has meaning and points to the person who is Jesus. The others you talk about created a Jesus of their own making, who is not Jesus Christ.
And thus the qualifier.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Blessed wrote:...My University had a diversity program in dormatory housing where they mixed everyone up by race religion and nationality in order to prepare students for the "real world". So I had roomates from every race, religion etc. During this time I also had some Muslim roomates. I became friends with a Muslim from Lebanon who I later lost touch with. He was a really good guy. Just a moderate. No extremism at all.

I understand there is an extremist sect of Islam who are doing what they say the Quran requires. There is a huge history of this in Islam. I understand this. But I also understand extremists of all religions exist and when you put extremists in powerful government positions, they call the shots. But I don't know the percetage of Muslims who agree with Islamic extremism. If that makes sense.

I was told that Allah is just another name for God. The same God worshipped by the Jews. If I am wrong please feel free to let me know so I may reexamine this.
To Understand Islam, you must grasp that Mohammed was in a cave where he was allegedly being choked by the angel Gabriel to recite the message given him in the year 610 AD. After this he wrote the first 70 first segments of the Quran called the Sura Iqra.

Next, Muhammad continued to have new and newer revelations further explaining the Quran further till 632 AD the year he died.

What Muslims bring out is that the first 30 or 70 Sura Iqra prose are peaceful and thus the true Islam. They will cite all the lovely dovey coexistent with all verses but will not deal with Mo's later revelations that become bloody and dark and justify oppression, death to infidels, etc and etc.

Like a good cult does, tells you all the good first and tries to hook you to think Christians and Jews serve the same God.

The reason for the newer revelations old Mo had was due to rejection. Here read this quote from...

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/muhammad
Quoted from: http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/muhammad

Interestingly, Medina also had a sizeable Jewish community, which had probably moved there after being expelled from Palestine by the Romans. Muhammad respected the Jews, and his early teachings appeared to borrow from Jewish tradition. The Jews began to distance themselves from Muhammad, however, when he became critical of their not recognizing him as a prophet.

Once it was clear the Jews would not accept him, Muhammad began to minimize or eliminate the Jewish influence on his beliefs. For example, he shifted the direction of prayers from Jerusalem to Mecca, made Friday his special day of prayer, and renounced the Jewish dietary laws (except for the prohibition on eating pork). Originally, he said the Arabs were descendants of Abraham through his son Ishmael, but in the Koran Abraham's connection to the Jews is denied, with Muhammad asserting that Abraham is only the patriarch of Islam, not Judaism as well, because he "surrendered himself to Allah."

One of the immediate consequences of Muhammad's frustration was the expulsion of two Jewish tribes from Medina and the murder of all the members of a third Jewish tribe (except for the women and children, who were sold into slavery). But even worse for the long-term treatment of the Jews were a number of inflammatory statements about Jews that Muhammad made that appear in the Koran — which, over the years, stoked Arab/Islamic anti-Semitism.

Muhammad slowly began to build his power base both by the persuasiveness of his faith and the old-fashioned way: by marrying women from important families to gain political advantage. He came to control the oases and markets, which forced other traders and tribesmen to negotiate with him. When he finally returned to Mecca, it was at the head of an imposing army that forced the residents to capitulate.

Muhammad died in 632, and it was left to his followers to carry on the traditions he had begun. His followers developed Islam, just as the followers of Moses and Jesus developed Judaism and Christianity over time.
If one did not agree with old Mo then he sought to eliminate and silence all opposition. He fancied himself a prophet, He was delusionaly brilliant and basically with newer revelations he was an effective cult leader and more brutal he became. That is just fact. That is the face of Islam.

Islam justifies lying in order for the unsuspecting to let their guard down. They want world domination. Peace does not mean peace as we define it in the West. Peace in Islam means: Submission.

Islam is a works based religion. It preachers a counterfeit Jesus who in the last days beheads Jew, Christians,and all in opposition to Islamic peace.

They, at first, will not tell you any of this but rather point to the early verses of the Quran where it is all flowery and get along-ness with all. Some Muslims sincerely believe this is true Islam without realizing that the hothead true believers will kill them too for blasphemy.

Islam has no unseen hand of correction. In other words, YHWH, does not correct errors by means of reformation, as seen in the Christian Church.

Mohammad came from an area where the leftovers of the old Canaanite gods were practiced. The Chief deity was the Moon god triad. Interestingly the animals often associated with these false deities, ie fallen angels, are the leopard, bear, dragon, fighting bird, and Lion the same animals mentioned in the Book of Daniel and the book of Revelation concerning the rise of the anti-Christ.

The character traits of Allah are the Canaanite (Babylonian/Egyptian/Grecian) moon god triad and sun god all simply blended into one being called Allah who shares all the same traits.

Islam worships a different God - period. Nothing in common at all with Christianity or Judaism. Christians and Jews do worship YHWH. Islams does not, it seeks to overthrow and destroy and control and dominate and subjugate.

Jesus said, by a tree's fruit you will know the false from the real... the fruit of Islam is not good. Nothing in common with the God which the bible speaks of.

Don't be fooled by nice Muslims only sharing the first 30 to 70 suras of the earliest works of old Mo before he was rejected by the Jewsih people after that he slaughtered them - that is a matter of the historical record.

Not the same God and all but rather they worship a fallen angel...who wants to overthrow God.

Note:

http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/ ... nature.htm

http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/possessed.htm

http://www.answering-islam.org/Silas/demons.htm
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

Philip wrote:
Mallz:
I still don't see a qualifier. The name of Jesus the Christ has meaning and points to the person who is Jesus. The others you talk about created a Jesus of their own making, who is not Jesus Christ.
And thus the qualifier.
:pound: You'r funny. No, there isn't a qualifier.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

:pound: You'r funny. No, there isn't a qualifier.
In reality, there isn't. But my point is, that for people who believe in something different, whether another god or a false Jesus - they need to know that, per the True God, their beliefs do not lead to their salvation and Heaven.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

That is So true. There is salvation in no one else.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

They do in name only.
EDIT: Imo, Jews and Muslims do so in name only, since they do not believe that Jesus is God incarnate.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Blessed wrote: Jesus said he existed before Abraham. He never said "I am God the Father". The human mind fills in the blanks. Certainly Jesus would have existed (along with other heavenly deities) before Abraham.

The gate is Jesus. Yes.
Then why Jesus a Jew and the original apostles Jews when Jews don't need to be saved via Jesus?