Does God hold us accountable to the way we treat animals and plants?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Does God hold us accountable to the way we treat animals and plants?

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

I think so but through our history we had this tendency to not treat animals as good as people nowadays think we should.
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Does God hold us accountable to the way we treat animals and plants?

Post by Hortator »

We all know that God knows every person, but he also knows every animal individually.

"every animal of the forest is mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills. I know every bird in the mountains, and the creatures of the field are mine." [Psalm 50: 7-12]

This Earth wasn't just created with people in mind, but the animals as well, as revealed in Genesis. In Genesis also, we were told we had "dominion" over the natural world. Not as masters per se, but as good stewards who preserve and maintain the flow of nature, just as God tasked Adam with planting and cultivating the vast Garden of Eden.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Does God hold us accountable to the way we treat animals and plants?

Post by Philip »

"Whoever is righteous has regard for the life of his beast, but the mercy of the wicked is cruel."

"If you see the donkey of one who hates you lying down under its burden, you shall refrain from leaving him with it; you shall rescue it with him."

"Know well the condition of your flocks, and give attention to your herds,"

“Six days you shall do your work, but on the seventh day you shall rest; that your ox and your donkey may have rest,"

You shall not see your brother's donkey or his ox fallen down by the way and ignore them. You shall help him to lift them up again."

“Whoever lies with an animal shall be put to death." :esurprised: :shock: :esurprised: :shock: