Transgenders and same sex marriage

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Transgenders and same sex marriage

Post by RickD »

jpbg33 wrote:Living right after salvation does not make Jesus sacrifice obsolete. Because doing right doesn't save anyone.

If I was to say you are saved because you live right then I would be wrong but to say you are saved therefore you can live right is 100% correct.

Once we are saved we can live a sinless life. That statement is yet to be proven wrong.
Then the Bible contradicts itself?

1 John 1:8-10
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

Instead of just saying that prove the statement is wrong or are we supposed to get take your word for it.

Statement still not proven wrong.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Try this: ALL people, including Christians, as long as they live, shall sin. But God does not count the sins of one already saved against them, as their sins of the past, present and future are ALL forgiven. The sin will continue. Consequences will continue. God will not hold the Christian ETERNALLY accountable for his sins, but He does allow consequences for them now. Jpbg took a literal meaning and misapplied it.
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

Philip say sin will continue but the Bible says Jesus came to take away the sins of the whole world.

Philip must not believe the whole Bible or has forgotten some of it.

The Bible says that in all temptation God makes a way to escape. So if there is always a way of escape then a man can live his whole life after he is saved with out sinning.

Has anyone I do not know, but one thing I do know is that we can live without sinning.

It is heresy to say we can not live without sinning after we are saved.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

jpbg33 wrote:Philip say sin will continue but the Bible says Jesus came to take away the sins of the whole world.

Philip must not believe the whole Bible or has forgotten some of it.

The Bible says that in all temptation God makes a way to escape. So if there is always a way of escape then a man can live his whole life after he is saved with out sinning.

Has anyone I do not know, but one thing I do know is that we can live without sinning.

It is heresy to say we can not live without sinning after we are saved.
Answer from this thread on the Forum:

http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... 22&t=42095
jpbg33 wrote:My question is can someone live a sinless life after salvation. I believe the Bible teaches you can.
1 John 1:8 states: "...If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us." NASB

1 John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us." NASB

No, it is clear that we cannot live 100 percent of the time in this mortal life in a sinlessly perfect state.

However, one can overcome sins, and live without sin for brief moments in this mortal life. Like Pastor Dr. Charles Stanley said once during a church service, " How many of you sinned in the last 5 minutes of this message?"

No one raised their hands so He responded, "See you can live without sin for at least 5 minutes..."

Basically the bible reveals that we are to sin less than the day before but this does not mean one can ever be totally sinless in this mortal life.

That is why John wrote what he wrote in 1 John chapter one.
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Romans 7:21-23: (Remember, this is God's apostle saying this): " So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. 22 For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, 23 but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members."

So, Paul, a Christian and Apostle, acknowledges that he is "captive" (present tense) to the "law of sin" that "dwells" (also, present tense) within him.

Paul the Apostle, again, asserts Peter, a fellow apostle of God, has sinned and so Paul publicly reprimands him - even tells him he has done wrong (has sinned!) - in Galatians 2 Paul condemns and publicly reprimands Peter for his sinful behavior : "But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned." Further, Paul states of Peter and the other Christians sinning along with Peter: "And the rest of the Jews acted hypocritically along with him, so that even Barnabas was led astray by their hypocrisy. 14 But when I saw that their conduct was not in step with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas before them all, “If you, though a Jew, live like a Gentile and not like a Jew, how can you force the Gentiles to live like Jews?”

So, Paul asserts an apostle of God and other Christians amongst them have conduct that was "not in step with the truth of the Gospel - in other words, they've sinned, and he says they are "condemned" of this - not meaning they aren't saved - clearly, they are. But Paul is saying saved people, even an apostle, have sinned.

1 John 1, the Apostle says: " If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." So John is including himself with the words "ourselves" and "us."

Was Peter the Disciple saved when he denied Jesus three times? But well before this, Peter had already been saved, as He believe who Jesus was (God! The Messiah!): Peter was the first to call Jesus the Son of the Living God – the Messiah (Mark 8:29, Luke 9:20, Matt. 16:16-17). Ah, but then he cursed as Jesus was being interrogated, denied knowing him - wasn't that SIN???

Last, jpbg, when you do something wrong, what do you call it? John says if we deny such isn't sin, then "the truth is not in us." And I'm assuming you aren't perfect?
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

I was hoping someone would being that up.

I believe John was referring to people who were saying they didn't sin so they didn't need a savior.

He obviously didn't believe Christians went around sinning.

He was the one that said Those in Christ do not sin , if you sin you are of the devil and We do not sin here by we know we are in Him.

If you were to take that verse the way you are wonting to then you are saying that Jesus does not forgive all sin.

For that verse to really mean that every human always has sin in there life then that would mean that when you are saved you are only forgiven of at best most sin.

We all konw that Jesus washes away all our sin when we are saved. So that is how we know John was not referring to Christians living with sin but people saying they didn't need a savior because they do not sin.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

jpbg, you totally ignored the bulk of my post - especially Paul accusing Peter and other Christians in their circle of sinning - that is clear! And you also failed to tell me whether you do things that God says not to, and what do you call that? If NONE of our actions, as Christians, can be sinful - really, it shouldn't matter what manner of evil we desire to practice - right? Because, according to you, it's not really sin.
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

I did not ignore any of it I agree with you that sometimes Christians do sin. I just believe the Bible teaches that we do not have to sin.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

jpbg: I did not ignore any of it I agree with you that sometimes Christians do sin. I just believe the Bible teaches that we do not have to sin.
Well, we do have a choice as to whether to sin or not. But in our still fallen flesh, our sin nature will guarantee that we'll not be perfect at avoiding all sin - which you've admitted you sometimes do. I "sometimes" do as well. :esad:

But there's a guy on here that claims Trump NEVER sins. :pound:
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

I can go along with you on that. Want say that you are wrong there.

Our flesh is always drown to sin. That is why the Bible says to walk in the spirt and you will not fulfill the list of the flesh.

The real answer to this is all men walking in the flesh will sin and can not stop sinning, and all man walking in the spirt will not sin.

The key to not sinning is to stay in the spirit.

Without God's help we can not do it but I can do all thing though Christ who strengthens me.