Transgenders and same sex marriage

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
jpbg33
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Transgenders and same sex marriage

Post by jpbg33 »

Instead of slandering me prove me wrong with the Bible.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

jpbg33 wrote:Instead of slandering me prove me wrong with the Bible.
Slander is spoken. I think you mean libel. ;)
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

Nope I mean slander spoken or write the same thing and I said nothing unbiblical
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

jpbg33 wrote:Nope I mean slander spoken or write the same thing and I said nothing unbiblical
The only thing worse than your lack of biblical knowledge, is your lack of knowledge of the English language.

Nobody will stop sinning in this life.

How's that works-based salvation working for you?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

That is still not biblical proof that what I said was wrong. What I said is 100% right and you can not disprove it at all.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

jpbg33 wrote:That is still not biblical proof that what I said was wrong. What I said is 100% right and you can not disprove it at all.
Are you telling me that after you got saved and first asked for forgiveness of your sins that you have never sinned since.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

If you read what I said you know that is not what I said
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

jpbg33 wrote:If you read what I said you know that is not what I said
Well you kinda of contradict yourself, because you say:

"Christians may sin like how I may fix my car but if a Christian sins he will confess his sin and repent and turn away from it he well not live with it."

Which is fine, but then you say:

"Christians are humans and can make mistakes but we do not have to. We can live above this world.

One differents the Bible give about Christians that most people dismiss is that sinners can not help but sin it is impossible form them to live above sin, but Christians can live a above sin. We do not have to sin ever again. Through God power and Him working though us we can live out our lives without ever sinning again.
"

Which is incorrect, because we will make mistakes and sin, because we are not perfect beings.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

It is not incorrect

Just because I sin does not mean it is impossible for me not to. That is where people get it wrong.

We do not have to sin ever again. Through God power and Him working though us we can live out our lives without ever sinning again.

That is 100% biblical and has not been proven wrong yet.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

jpbg33 wrote:It is not incorrect

Just because I sin does not mean it is impossible for me not to. That is where people get it wrong.

We do not have to sin ever again. Through God power and Him working though us we can live out our lives without ever sinning again.

That is 100% biblical and has not been proven wrong yet.
So why don't you or anyone else do it then?
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

I don't personally know if anyone has done it or not I just know that biblically it is possible.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

jpbg33 wrote:I don't personally know if anyone has done it or not I just know that biblically it is possible.
Where in the Bible does it say it is possible?
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

1John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by melanie »

If being sinless was/is possible then Jesus is obsolete. The entire purpose of His crucifixion would be pointless.
'To take on the sins of the world'
If all it took was law then the Pharisees should not have had a problem or future generations as it was an adherence to the law that was followed.
Follow set rules and abide by the law....happy days
But they were in most contrast to Jesus because by following the law they lost all perspective, it became about adherence not about humanity or humility. They put laws and regulation before compassion and kindness.
We may be able to follow a set of rules; don't steal, don't lie ect but to live out the message of Christ of upmost humility, constant compassion, selfless generosity and unbridled nonjudgmentalism is not law but the Christ ideal. Of which we all fall short, every day and every single one of us.
The strive isn't to be perfect but to attempt to be a changing, better person in faith by growth. It is not a requirement or a condition of faith but one that we stumble along as the light of Christ grows in us, we stumble and we get it right at times but perfect we will never be.
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

Living right after salvation does not make Jesus sacrifice obsolete. Because doing right doesn't save anyone.

If I was to say you are saved because you live right then I would be wrong but to say you are saved therefore you can live right is 100% correct.

Once we are saved we can live a sinless life. That statement is yet to be proven wrong.