How do members of the Trinity communicate with each other?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: How do members of the Trinity communicate with each other?

Post by Stu »

Byblos wrote:
Philip wrote:Ah, "chinese whispers" - also known as the telephone game. Nah - I'm fairly sure that the communication is simultaneous and perfectly known - not as if the message goes through the Father, then to the Son, and then when it gets to the Holy Spirit, the messasge is somehow garbled or changed.
It's neither simultaneous nor instantaneous. In fact, there is no communicating for communication implies distinction of the wills. In the Trinity there is but one divine will.
You know this how exactly? The Bible tells us nothing about communication. What it does tell us is that in the flesh Jesus prayed to His Father while on earth.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Stu wrote:
Byblos wrote:
Philip wrote:Ah, "chinese whispers" - also known as the telephone game. Nah - I'm fairly sure that the communication is simultaneous and perfectly known - not as if the message goes through the Father, then to the Son, and then when it gets to the Holy Spirit, the messasge is somehow garbled or changed.
It's neither simultaneous nor instantaneous. In fact, there is no communicating for communication implies distinction of the wills. In the Trinity there is but one divine will.
You know this how exactly? The Bible tells us nothing about communication. What it does tell us is that in the flesh Jesus prayed to His Father while on earth.
Are you saying that God was praying to God? Or do you understand Jesus' earthly ministry as being devoid of his Godly self as scriptures tell us, otherwise how could God die? So can we agree that this is an exception because of Jesus' earthly role?

Within the trinity, the father, son and HS are all one mind, they don't communicate at all. They have literally the same will and same mind. It is not so that the father wills something new and like in an instant it gets conveyed to the HS and the son. God (triune God) knows all, there is nothing that is new to him and if you take that logical conclusion to eternity, there is nothing that is new for God to conceive as he has no potential. He is the maximum being there is.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

neo-x wrote:
Stu wrote:
Byblos wrote:
Are you saying that God was praying to God? Or do you understand Jesus' earthly ministry as being devoid of his Godly self as scriptures tell us, otherwise how could God die? So can we agree that this is an exception because of Jesus' earthly role?

Within the trinity, the father, son and HS are all one mind, they don't communicate at all. They have literally the same will and same mind. It is not so that the father wills something new and like in an instant it gets conveyed to the HS and the son. God (triune God) knows all, there is nothing that is new to him and if you take that logical conclusion to eternity, there is nothing that is new for God to conceive as he has no potential. He is the maximum being there is.
I think this is pretty well accepted, Theology 101 type stuff. It gets back to the basics of God being God.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

RickD wrote:
neo-x wrote:
Stu wrote:
Byblos wrote:

I think this is pretty well accepted, Theology 101 type stuff. It gets back to the basics of God being God.
Yup. Stu apparently is missing out on it though or so it seems.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

neo-x wrote:
RickD wrote:
neo-x wrote:
Stu wrote:
Byblos wrote:

Yup. Stu apparently is missing out on it though or so it seems.
What?

I just pointed out, which you seem to agree on, that Jesus in the flesh prayed to God. Also, I don't like to assume things.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
zacchaeus
Valued Member

Post by zacchaeus »

I cannot tell between the sattire...
But, when Jesus was both 100% man & 100% God;
He purposely restricted some of His divinity so He could be like us, go through, experience, understand, and relate to us. We first must reconcile we are not God. So this helps in understanding. When you say so God prayed to.God... In essence yes. But why? Because He did everything with a purpose. It was to.teach us. The Lords prayer actually teaches us how to pray to the Father. He teaches and emphasises prayer its power and vital role in a relationship which is communication. I think we miss that understanding... In which often things have numerous meanings and reasons that benefits us throughout our walk if we study. Communication is key. Its big. Its why Gods very makeup is the Trinity... Each have their role but all.act as One in One accord in perfect unison because they are One. Its why God isn't self-love.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

zacchaeus wrote:
But, when Jesus was both 100% man & 100% God;...
If you're saying that Jesus is no longer a man, you may want the rethink that.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
zacchaeus
Valued Member

Post by zacchaeus »

No. I know He chose to stay in His terrestrial now celestial body just like us. Not the focus here though that was cute lol.

Im back bahaha.