reincarnation

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

reincarnation

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Some Christians think reincarnation is real. The bible says that we live, die, go to judgement, and it's appointed for men to die. But at the second coming the saints still living don't die, so what Im getting at is does God allow some exceptions and allow some to be reborn in this life?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: reincarnation

Post by RickD »

I used to be an oak tree. I tell you, you don't know what it's like to always have squirrels chewing on your nuts!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

RickD wrote:I used to be an oak tree. I tell you, you don't know what it's like to always have squirrels chewing on your nuts!
:pound:
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

TheKid: so what Im getting at is does God allow some exceptions and allow some to be reborn in this life?
Do you have even one Scriptural example of reincarnation?

Didn't think so.

Some good arguments against reincarnation: https://www.jashow.org/articles/guests- ... carnation/
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Philip wrote:
TheKid: so what Im getting at is does God allow some exceptions and allow some to be reborn in this life?
Do you have even one Scriptural example of reincarnation?

Didn't think so.

Some good arguments against reincarnation: https://www.jashow.org/articles/guests- ... carnation/
I'm not saying I believe in reincarnation though I've considered it before. People usually take what Jesus said about John the Baptist being Elijah as support for reincarnation but I don't believe it supports it.
Here's another good source: https://www.gotquestions.org/John-Baptist-Elijah.html
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

Being absent from the body and being present with the Lord immediately in eternity would say that reincarnation isn't possible.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

crochet1949 wrote:Being absent from the body and being present with the Lord immediately in eternity would say that reincarnation isn't possible.
Yea, forgot about that.
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bippy123 »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Some Christians think reincarnation is real. The bible says that we live, die, go to judgement, and it's appointed for men to die. But at the second coming the saints still living don't die, so what Im getting at is does God allow some exceptions and allow some to be reborn in this life?
I dont believe in reincarnation but even if I did I wouldnt want it to be true. Why would anyone want to come back to this world a second time when they have heaven waiting for them. Its like getting getting michelle pfeiffer in her prime (reincarnation) when you can have dolly parton from 9-5 :mrgreen:
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bippy123 »

RickD wrote:I used to be an oak tree. I tell you, you don't know what it's like to always have squirrels chewing on your nuts!
:lol:
shoot that oak tree lost its virginity before i did :pound: