Homosexuality and Chrtistianity

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Homosexuality and Chrtistianity

Post by RickD »

PaulSacramento wrote:Ravi's point is that we defend against racism, that racism is wrong because the concept of race is sacred.
If race is not sacred, why is racism wrong?
And that flows into sex, if sex is not sacred then homosexuality, promiscuity, adultery, is OK.
Racism is wrong because it's wrong to hate anyone. Racism is a kind of hate.

Still not getting how race is sacred.

Maybe someone can speak for Ravi, and tell me what definition of "sacred" is used to compare the sacredness of race and sex.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

RickD wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:Ravi's point is that we defend against racism, that racism is wrong because the concept of race is sacred.
If race is not sacred, why is racism wrong?
And that flows into sex, if sex is not sacred then homosexuality, promiscuity, adultery, is OK.
Racism is wrong because it's wrong to hate anyone. Racism is a kind of hate.

Still not getting how race is sacred.

Maybe someone can speak for Ravi, and tell me what definition of "sacred" is used to compare the sacredness of race and sex.
Why is it wrong to hate anyone Rick?
What makes Sex sacred?
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

Kurieuo wrote:Without God, sex is really no more or less serious than a recreational activity. Except, that we as a society have turned it into something serious (damn religious people!). Imagine all the harmless fun we could be having.
Did you mean to sum up the purpose behind atheism? Because I think you just summed up the purpose behind atheism. :P