Why was Ishmael circumcised?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1437
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:04 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Why was Ishmael circumcised?

Postby crochet1949 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:27 pm

bbyrd009 wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:'Nations' are made up of People.
exactly
crochet1949 wrote: The United States of America is a 'one nation under God'
that is exactly what it is not, although it desires to be perceived in that way. We have many, many nations in the country known as "USA," right? Sioux Nations, Cherokee Nations, Eskimo Nations, Black Nations, none of which have much in common at all with us, or us with them. It is strictly wishful thinking to call a country a nation. An invitation to perceive oneself as superior imo. And the supposed leader of this "great nation" is not even legally in the same jurisdiction. Washington DC is not even in your country, legally speaking. The god "Columbia" was invoked as the territory of those you serve, iow. So we are being played from both ends, lol.



The Pledge of Allegience to the Flag == One nation, under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all. "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America ...."

For many years this country Has been Christian -- was founded on the Word of God. A copy of the Bible was brought over and it was one of the very first books that people learned to read and write from. The Ten Commandments were Important to follow by the people. And, of course, there were those who weren't and didn't. It's Always been that way. Freedom OF religion not freedom From religion.

This country was founded by immigrants -- Legal immigrants.

The original Americans Were the many Indian tribes and the immigrants didn't treat them very well. They were wanting to Christianize them. Alaska became a state at some point. Not black nations -- some of the European settlers decided to 'take' people from African countries back to This country to use as slaves. Very poor commentary on this country. People didn't want to do their own work so they kidnapped people to be used as slaves. But only , mostly in the Southern states.

The idea was to Unite as One nation -- and, unfortunately there Are those who think one group is superior to another group. One thing we Need to have in common is the desire to be God-fearing , loving people who help each other in every day life.

We will soon have a New President -- the present one will be replaced just as other presidents have been. Let's give Mr. Trump a chance to make this country a greater nation.

Let's Not continue with anything derogatory about this country.

Those who don't want to help are free to go to somewhere where they are happier.

crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1437
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:04 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Why was Ishmael circumcised?

Postby crochet1949 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:28 pm

bbyrd009 wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:'Nations' are made up of People.
exactly
crochet1949 wrote: The United States of America is a 'one nation under God'
that is exactly what it is not, although it desires to be perceived in that way. We have many, many nations in the country known as "USA," right? Sioux Nations, Cherokee Nations, Eskimo Nations, Black Nations, none of which have much in common at all with us, or us with them. It is strictly wishful thinking to call a country a nation. An invitation to perceive oneself as superior imo. And the supposed leader of this "great nation" is not even legally in the same jurisdiction. Washington DC is not even in your country, legally speaking. The god "Columbia" was invoked as the territory of those you serve, iow. So we are being played from both ends, lol.



The Pledge of Allegience to the Flag == One nation, under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all. "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America ...."

For many years this country Has been Christian -- was founded on the Word of God. A copy of the Bible was brought over and it was one of the very first books that people learned to read and write from. The Ten Commandments were Important to follow by the people. And, of course, there were those who weren't and didn't. It's Always been that way. Freedom OF religion not freedom From religion.

This country was founded by immigrants -- Legal immigrants.

The original Americans Were the many Indian tribes and the immigrants didn't treat them very well. They were wanting to Christianize them. Alaska became a state at some point. Not black nations -- some of the European settlers decided to 'take' people from African countries back to This country to use as slaves. Very poor commentary on this country. People didn't want to do their own work so they kidnapped people to be used as slaves. But only , mostly in the Southern states.

The idea was to Unite as One nation -- and, unfortunately there Are those who think one group is superior to another group. One thing we Need to have in common is the desire to be God-fearing , loving people who help each other in every day life.

We will soon have a New President -- the present one will be replaced just as other presidents have been. Let's give Mr. Trump a chance to make this country a greater nation.

Let's Not continue with anything derogatory about this country.

Those who don't want to help are free to go to somewhere where they are happier.

This has ended up being 'printed' twice.

User avatar
bbyrd009
BANNED
Posts: 546
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:48 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Ft Myers, FL

Re: Why was Ishmael circumcised?

Postby bbyrd009 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:58 am

well, i'm less interested in getting into how one cannot serve two masters there, then i am in pointing out that it is not possible to make a country into a nation, no matter how many times you hear "nation" stated instead of "country," which is like evry single time, because they wish to propagate the lie. "Those who don't want to help" are Native Americans, who of course don't pledge allegiance, and have their own nation here in the US, so I'm not sure where they would go?

So, see how someone with a good heart is led by the world to pledge allegiance to something other than God, because otherwise they must count themselves sheep to the slaughter? And it is not the sheep destroying the land, Detroit, Flint, your town next, is it now. Hard not to associate those with the ones most loudly proclaiming "if you don't like it, leave," wadr.

And as for myself, i may have given the wrong impression, because while i have no interest in helping per se, neither do i have any interest in hurting, and i don't abide people, even voters, bad-mouthing leaders and the like, and for what it's worth i obey laws to a degree that drives most people nuts, i nail the speed limit, etc, which one pretty much has to do if they are an Anarchist, with no license plates or license, etc, anyway, but the spirit is the point imo.
Last edited by bbyrd009 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."

User avatar
bbyrd009
BANNED
Posts: 546
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:48 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Ft Myers, FL

Re: Why was Ishmael circumcised?

Postby bbyrd009 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:59 am

crochet1949 wrote:Those who don't want to help are free to go to somewhere where they are happier.

This has ended up being 'printed' twice.
^
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."

crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1437
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:04 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Why was Ishmael circumcised?

Postby crochet1949 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:33 am

bbyrd009 wrote:well, i'm less interested in getting into how one cannot serve two masters there, then i am in pointing out that it is not possible to make a country into a nation, no matter how many times you hear "nation" stated instead of "country," which is like evry single time, because they wish to propagate the lie. "Those who don't want to help" are Native Americans, who of course don't pledge allegiance, and have their own nation here in the US, so I'm not sure where they would go?

So, see how someone with a good heart is led by the world to pledge allegiance to something other than God, because otherwise they must count themselves sheep to the slaughter? And it is not the sheep destroying the land, Detroit, Flint, your town next, is it now. Hard not to associate those with the ones most loudly proclaiming "if you don't like it, leave," wadr.

And as for myself, i may have given the wrong impression, because while i have no interest in helping per se, neither do i have any interest in hurting, and i don't abide people, even voters, bad-mouthing leaders and the like, and for what it's worth i obey laws to a degree that drives most people nuts, i nail the speed limit, etc, which one pretty much has to do if they are an Anarchist, with no license plates or license, etc, anyway, but the spirit is the point imo.



Take a look at Romans 13:1 "Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. vs 2 Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves."

And 1Peter 2:13- 14 "Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every authority instituted among men; whether to the king, as the supreme authority, or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to comment those who do right."

Why do you make a distinction between country and nation.

As for the Indian groups in this country -- We put them in the conditions they are -- many decades ago. The 1st Thanksgiving was made possible by Friendly Indian groups.

A person who has no interest in Helping is Potentially harming with their attitude / actions. So, you're saying that You don't have license plates or license. So You don't drive. You use public transportation. But then again, you say that 'I nail the speed limit, etc' -- so you're saying that you Do drive but without a vehicle that is legal? An Anarchist is someone who obeys only the laws They see as being important and ignore the rest of them?

If I were to go to another country, I'd make sure that I knew the laws and obeyed them. No exception.

User avatar
bbyrd009
BANNED
Posts: 546
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:48 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Ft Myers, FL

Re: Why was Ishmael circumcised?

Postby bbyrd009 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:03 pm

crochet1949 wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:well, i'm less interested in getting into how one cannot serve two masters there, then i am in pointing out that it is not possible to make a country into a nation, no matter how many times you hear "nation" stated instead of "country," which is like evry single time, because they wish to propagate the lie. "Those who don't want to help" are Native Americans, who of course don't pledge allegiance, and have their own nation here in the US, so I'm not sure where they would go?

So, see how someone with a good heart is led by the world to pledge allegiance to something other than God, because otherwise they must count themselves sheep to the slaughter? And it is not the sheep destroying the land, Detroit, Flint, your town next, is it now. Hard not to associate those with the ones most loudly proclaiming "if you don't like it, leave," wadr.

And as for myself, i may have given the wrong impression, because while i have no interest in helping per se, neither do i have any interest in hurting, and i don't abide people, even voters, bad-mouthing leaders and the like, and for what it's worth i obey laws to a degree that drives most people nuts, i nail the speed limit, etc, which one pretty much has to do if they are an Anarchist, with no license plates or license, etc, anyway, but the spirit is the point imo.



Take a look at Romans 13:1 "Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. vs 2 Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves."

And 1Peter 2:13- 14 "Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every authority instituted among men; whether to the king, as the supreme authority, or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to comment those who do right."
as noted, i submit more than most allegiance pledgers; but "submit" does not = "pledge allegiance to," as my next reply might further illuminate.
crochet1949 wrote:Why do you make a distinction between country and nation.
because the first is in the world, an artificial construct of men, that includes secrets and lies, and pledging allegiances to things that you cannot even define, as might be revealed when you see that the District of Columbia is not even a legal part of your nation, which will continue when the country has finished imploding. The nation will still be here, see, because it is on the earth, not in the world.

A better question imo is actually "why do the (supposed, titular; meaning "not really") leaders of your country insist upon calling it a nation, when they know that it is not?"

See, Israel was a nation that desired to become a country, as we can read in 1Sam8. And this destroyed them, as we can read at the end of the OT, where they basically all got deported "to Babylon," a spiritually/symbolically significant place. And the Israel that you know as a "country" right now is just a lie, it does not even qualify as an actual country; it is held together by US, having the strongest army, and having an agenda for the area, with "a home for the Jews" being the window dressing, and so that you might then conflate "fig tree budding" in Scripture with 1948.
crochet1949 wrote:As for the Indian groups in this country -- We put them in the conditions they are -- many decades ago.
this imo is the difference in allegiance and subjection; you say "we," and i say, in that case, "you." Or "y'all." I would say "them," but you have voluntarily pledged allegiance, allying yourself with them, so "y'all" it now is.
crochet1949 wrote:A person who has no interest in Helping is Potentially harming with their attitude / actions. So, you're saying that You don't have license plates or license. So You don't drive. You use public transportation.
no, i travel, in my own vehicle. It is completely legal. "Driving" is a commercial endeavor, for people whose lives have been monetized, which i'm sure sounds really weird to you, because it sure did to me at one time too, lol. But you cannot be compelled to either get plates or a licence if you are not engaged in commerce, and i do not engage in commerce of any kind, as you understand it.
crochet1949 wrote: But then again, you say that 'I nail the speed limit, etc' -- so you're saying that you Do drive but without a vehicle that is legal?
in your lexicon i drive, my vehicle. But the definition of "drive" is a legal one, and now i am just agreeing with you to avoid a semantics discussion, because you do not know the legal definition of "drive." We use the term "drive" colloquially, slang, like we use the term "nation," which also is not used at court; or at least may be objected to, objection sustained every time.

I know this all sounds really weird to you, but it is the law. See, it was just assumed when you were born that you desired to become a citizen of the country, because your parents were etc, but we have many nations here, and many people who do not consider themselves citizens of the country. I am a subject to the law of the country, and certainly not a subversive, although i can't speak for others, who range all along the bell curve there.
crochet1949 wrote: An Anarchist is someone who obeys only the laws They see as being important and ignore the rest of them?
strictly speaking an Anarchist is someone who recognizes no rulers, which does not mean "no rules," and as i mentioned these people range all along a bell curve in their practice of Anarchy, which one can note is conflated as often as possible with Chaos by the rulers of the country, and it is even in our dictionaries now. These same people reduce "tares" to "weeds," and "Word" to "Bible" and the list goes on, any important definition, with a spiritual component has now been corrupted, i could easily fill a legal pad with them.

As a believer in Christ, however, i have additional constraints that a pure Anarchist might not feel compelled to; i must subject myself to the laws, but i must also recognize when it is more just to, say, obtain marijuana for a kid if i am able and asked to, to allow them to heal properly and/or not subject themselves to chemotherapy or seizure meds, etc., just to submit the first example that comes to mind.

But we live in a great country for this; we have jury nullification, etc, meaning a jury is legally allowed to completely disregard the law and vote their conscience on a case, which drives judges nuts when you tell the jury this but oh well. I have even been arrested for this lol although i got an apology and a continuance later, and got to hand every juror an outline of jury nullification. Ps it is not worth it btw, for anyone reading, seek other means to educate jurors if you have to.
crochet1949 wrote:If I were to go to another country, I'd make sure that I knew the laws and obeyed them. No exception.
well, that attitude has got us to here, where we are, and you better be, if you are not rich, right? But if you are rich, then you don't have to. So i'll pass on that. Plus my guess is that you are now aware of some laws that you were not aware of before, right? So wadr this "I'd make sure that i knew the laws" is a joke, sorry, and not even possible, practically speaking; not even if you are a lawyer. Just go ask a lawyer if he knows all the laws, and see what answer they give you.
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."

User avatar
bbyrd009
BANNED
Posts: 546
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:48 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Ft Myers, FL

Re: Why was Ishmael circumcised?

Postby bbyrd009 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:19 pm

This country was founded by immigrants -- Legal immigrants.
are you sure? What law was that? Which Native American tribe recognizes this law? See, you are kidding yourself, because wadr you serve a country and a king, and imagine that it is possible to serve two masters without conflict. You can only pledge allegiance to one, not two. God is legally a "foreign agent" to the US, and don't let anyone convince you any different. More precisely put, any ambassador of the Kingdom is a foreign agent. And as unpleasant as it is to contemplate, anyone signing 501c3s for Jesus is strictly kidding themselves, and surfing on a fence. What has light to do with darkness?

This country was founded by usurpers who had an agenda, and desired a place to lay their heads, and felt that they had the wherewithal to make it happen, regardless of any harm to any other nations then extant. Meaning making treaties never meant to be kept, passing out smallpox-ridden blankets, you name it. The differences in perspective of the initial colonizers v the founders is surely vast. And don't get me wrong here, ok, i don't make value judgments there, or for that matter about those who consider themselves "citizens" now. God assures me that i will reap what i sow; so while i can no longer in good conscience pledge allegiance, or ally myself with treaty-breakers, neither am i interested in condemning myself by condemning others.
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."

crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1437
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:04 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Why was Ishmael circumcised?

Postby crochet1949 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:41 pm

I've decided Not to have any more conversations with you.

User avatar
Kurieuo
Technical Admin
Posts: 8707
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia

Re: Why was Ishmael circumcised?

Postby Kurieuo » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:52 pm

crochet1949 wrote:I've decided Not to have any more conversations with you.

You can place people on ignore, which will hide all their posts except when quoted by someone else.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

___________________

Image

crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1437
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:04 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Why was Ishmael circumcised?

Postby crochet1949 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:00 pm

Kurieuo wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:I've decided Not to have any more conversations with you.

You can place people on ignore, which will hide all their posts except when quoted by someone else.



How do I do that?

User avatar
Kurieuo
Technical Admin
Posts: 8707
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia

Re: Why was Ishmael circumcised?

Postby Kurieuo » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:05 pm

crochet1949 wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:I've decided Not to have any more conversations with you.

You can place people on ignore, which will hide all their posts except when quoted by someone else.



How do I do that?

Click on their name, and within their profile click "Add foe" (underneath their location). ;)
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

___________________

Image

User avatar
bbyrd009
BANNED
Posts: 546
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:48 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Ft Myers, FL

Re: Why was Ishmael circumcised?

Postby bbyrd009 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:35 am

crochet1949 wrote:I've decided Not to have any more conversations with you.
remember, you can run, but you cannot hide, ok?

don't imagine that learning truth or changing your mind is going to be some pleasant thing that the rest of the world will joyfully embrace and support you in, ok. The Book will tell you that knowledge brings sorrow. I don't dwell on these things, ok, but i call you to mourn now, rather than attempt to justify yourself or your peers to me, with pride of place.

I have already acknowledged that we did good things, too; but it will not serve you to be blind to both sides of a story, and i know cognitive dissonance is not pleasant, but running from it makes it worse, not better. It will pursue you all the way to the grave, alright. All Kurieuo is doing is helping you run. Better to face the charges now, and hate me, if you like, i don't care. Better than hating God.

best of luck to you guys.
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."

User avatar
bbyrd009
BANNED
Posts: 546
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:48 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Ft Myers, FL

Re: Why was Ishmael circumcised?

Postby bbyrd009 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:50 am

i'm just gonna bump these up for someone prepared to address them
bbyrd009 wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:well, i'm less interested in getting into how one cannot serve two masters there, then i am in pointing out that it is not possible to make a country into a nation, no matter how many times you hear "nation" stated instead of "country," which is like evry single time, because they wish to propagate the lie. "Those who don't want to help" are Native Americans, who of course don't pledge allegiance, and have their own nation here in the US, so I'm not sure where they would go?

So, see how someone with a good heart is led by the world to pledge allegiance to something other than God, because otherwise they must count themselves sheep to the slaughter? And it is not the sheep destroying the land, Detroit, Flint, your town next, is it now. Hard not to associate those with the ones most loudly proclaiming "if you don't like it, leave," wadr.

And as for myself, i may have given the wrong impression, because while i have no interest in helping per se, neither do i have any interest in hurting, and i don't abide people, even voters, bad-mouthing leaders and the like, and for what it's worth i obey laws to a degree that drives most people nuts, i nail the speed limit, etc, which one pretty much has to do if they are an Anarchist, with no license plates or license, etc, anyway, but the spirit is the point imo.



Take a look at Romans 13:1 "Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. vs 2 Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves."

And 1Peter 2:13- 14 "Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every authority instituted among men; whether to the king, as the supreme authority, or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to comment those who do right."
as noted, i submit more than most allegiance pledgers; but "submit" does not = "pledge allegiance to," as my next reply might further illuminate.
crochet1949 wrote:Why do you make a distinction between country and nation.
because the first is in the world, an artificial construct of men, that includes secrets and lies, and pledging allegiances to things that you cannot even define, as might be revealed when you see that the District of Columbia is not even a legal part of your nation, which will continue when the country has finished imploding. The nation will still be here, see, because it is on the earth, not in the world.

A better question imo is actually "why do the (supposed, titular; meaning "not really") leaders of your country insist upon calling it a nation, when they know that it is not?"

See, Israel was a nation that desired to become a country, as we can read in 1Sam8. And this destroyed them, as we can read at the end of the OT, where they basically all got deported "to Babylon," a spiritually/symbolically significant place. And the Israel that you know as a "country" right now is just a lie, it does not even qualify as an actual country; it is held together by US, having the strongest army, and having an agenda for the area, with "a home for the Jews" being the window dressing, and so that you might then conflate "fig tree budding" in Scripture with 1948.
crochet1949 wrote:As for the Indian groups in this country -- We put them in the conditions they are -- many decades ago.
this imo is the difference in allegiance and subjection; you say "we," and i say, in that case, "you." Or "y'all." I would say "them," but you have voluntarily pledged allegiance, allying yourself with them, so "y'all" it now is.
crochet1949 wrote:A person who has no interest in Helping is Potentially harming with their attitude / actions. So, you're saying that You don't have license plates or license. So You don't drive. You use public transportation.
no, i travel, in my own vehicle. It is completely legal. "Driving" is a commercial endeavor, for people whose lives have been monetized, which i'm sure sounds really weird to you, because it sure did to me at one time too, lol. But you cannot be compelled to either get plates or a licence if you are not engaged in commerce, and i do not engage in commerce of any kind, as you understand it.
crochet1949 wrote: But then again, you say that 'I nail the speed limit, etc' -- so you're saying that you Do drive but without a vehicle that is legal?
in your lexicon i drive, my vehicle. But the definition of "drive" is a legal one, and now i am just agreeing with you to avoid a semantics discussion, because you do not know the legal definition of "drive." We use the term "drive" colloquially, slang, like we use the term "nation," which also is not used at court; or at least may be objected to, objection sustained every time.

I know this all sounds really weird to you, but it is the law. See, it was just assumed when you were born that you desired to become a citizen of the country, because your parents were etc, but we have many nations here, and many people who do not consider themselves citizens of the country. I am a subject to the law of the country, and certainly not a subversive, although i can't speak for others, who range all along the bell curve there.
crochet1949 wrote: An Anarchist is someone who obeys only the laws They see as being important and ignore the rest of them?
strictly speaking an Anarchist is someone who recognizes no rulers, which does not mean "no rules," and as i mentioned these people range all along a bell curve in their practice of Anarchy, which one can note is conflated as often as possible with Chaos by the rulers of the country, and it is even in our dictionaries now. These same people reduce "tares" to "weeds," and "Word" to "Bible" and the list goes on, any important definition, with a spiritual component has now been corrupted, i could easily fill a legal pad with them.

As a believer in Christ, however, i have additional constraints that a pure Anarchist might not feel compelled to; i must subject myself to the laws, but i must also recognize when it is more just to, say, obtain marijuana for a kid if i am able and asked to, to allow them to heal properly and/or not subject themselves to chemotherapy or seizure meds, etc., just to submit the first example that comes to mind.

But we live in a great country for this; we have jury nullification, etc, meaning a jury is legally allowed to completely disregard the law and vote their conscience on a case, which drives judges nuts when you tell the jury this but oh well. I have even been arrested for this lol although i got an apology and a continuance later, and got to hand every juror an outline of jury nullification. Ps it is not worth it btw, for anyone reading, seek other means to educate jurors if you have to.
crochet1949 wrote:If I were to go to another country, I'd make sure that I knew the laws and obeyed them. No exception.
well, that attitude has got us to here, where we are, and you better be, if you are not rich, right? But if you are rich, then you don't have to. So i'll pass on that. Plus my guess is that you are now aware of some laws that you were not aware of before, right? So wadr this "I'd make sure that i knew the laws" is a joke, sorry, and not even possible, practically speaking; not even if you are a lawyer. Just go ask a lawyer if he knows all the laws, and see what answer they give you.
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."

User avatar
bbyrd009
BANNED
Posts: 546
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:48 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Ft Myers, FL

Re: Why was Ishmael circumcised?

Postby bbyrd009 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:51 am

bbyrd009 wrote:
This country was founded by immigrants -- Legal immigrants.
are you sure? What law was that? Which Native American tribe recognizes this law? See, you are kidding yourself, because wadr you serve a country and a king, and imagine that it is possible to serve two masters without conflict. You can only pledge allegiance to one, not two. God is legally a "foreign agent" to the US, and don't let anyone convince you any different. More precisely put, any ambassador of the Kingdom is a foreign agent. And as unpleasant as it is to contemplate, anyone signing 501c3s for Jesus is strictly kidding themselves, and surfing on a fence. What has light to do with darkness?

This country was founded by usurpers who had an agenda, and desired a place to lay their heads, and felt that they had the wherewithal to make it happen, regardless of any harm to any other nations then extant. Meaning making treaties never meant to be kept, passing out smallpox-ridden blankets, you name it. The differences in perspective of the initial colonizers v the founders is surely vast. And don't get me wrong here, ok, i don't make value judgments there, or for that matter about those who consider themselves "citizens" now. God assures me that i will reap what i sow; so while i can no longer in good conscience pledge allegiance, or ally myself with treaty-breakers, neither am i interested in condemning myself by condemning others.
peace
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 17640
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Why was Ishmael circumcised?

Postby RickD » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:08 am

bbyrd009 wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:I've decided Not to have any more conversations with you.
remember, you can run, but you cannot hide, ok?

don't imagine that learning truth or changing your mind is going to be some pleasant thing that the rest of the world will joyfully embrace and support you in, ok. The Book will tell you that knowledge brings sorrow. I don't dwell on these things, ok, but i call you to mourn now, rather than attempt to justify yourself or your peers to me, with pride of place.

I have already acknowledged that we did good things, too; but it will not serve you to be blind to both sides of a story, and i know cognitive dissonance is not pleasant, but running from it makes it worse, not better. It will pursue you all the way to the grave, alright. All Kurieuo is doing is helping you run. Better to face the charges now, and hate me, if you like, i don't care. Better than hating God.

best of luck to you guys.

Since crochet blocked you, I'll quote you so she can read it. This is important enough to make sure she reads it. :sleep:
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony


Return to “Christian Theology”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests