Why was Ishmael circumcised?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Why was Ishmael circumcised?

Post by crochet1949 »

RickD wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:I've decided Not to have any more conversations with you.
remember, you can run, but you cannot hide, ok?

don't imagine that learning truth or changing your mind is going to be some pleasant thing that the rest of the world will joyfully embrace and support you in, ok. The Book will tell you that knowledge brings sorrow. I don't dwell on these things, ok, but i call you to mourn now, rather than attempt to justify yourself or your peers to me, with pride of place.

I have already acknowledged that we did good things, too; but it will not serve you to be blind to both sides of a story, and i know cognitive dissonance is not pleasant, but running from it makes it worse, not better. It will pursue you all the way to the grave, alright. All Kurieuo is doing is helping you run. Better to face the charges now, and hate me, if you like, i don't care. Better than hating God.

best of luck to you guys.
Since crochet blocked you, I'll quote you so she can read it. This is important enough to make sure she reads it. :sleep:

Hmmm -- is the :sleep: a form of your sarcasm RickD.? After all '009' Has followed me to another thread just as he said he would. I hadn't gotten around To blocking him, yet. Just ignored him on the Trinity thread.

I Gotta stop attracting weird people. y[-o<
bbyrd009
BANNED
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by bbyrd009 »

:lol: i am just replying to notifications, crochet, for the most part, but ty :)
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

crochet1949 wrote:
RickD wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:

don't imagine that learning truth or changing your mind is going to be some pleasant thing that the rest of the world will joyfully embrace and support you in, ok. The Book will tell you that knowledge brings sorrow. I don't dwell on these things, ok, but i call you to mourn now, rather than attempt to justify yourself or your peers to me, with pride of place.

I have already acknowledged that we did good things, too; but it will not serve you to be blind to both sides of a story, and i know cognitive dissonance is not pleasant, but running from it makes it worse, not better. It will pursue you all the way to the grave, alright. All Kurieuo is doing is helping you run. Better to face the charges now, and hate me, if you like, i don't care. Better than hating God.

Since crochet blocked you, I'll quote you so she can read it. This is important enough to make sure she reads it. :sleep:

Hmmm -- is the :sleep: a form of your sarcasm RickD.? After all '009' Has followed me to another thread just as he said he would. I hadn't gotten around To blocking him, yet. Just ignored him on the Trinity thread.

Bbyrd009 is normal. You're the weird one.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

RickD wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:
RickD wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:

Bbyrd009 is normal. You're the weird one.
Thanks a LOT. :crying:
bbyrd009
BANNED
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by bbyrd009 »

:lol: half of us cannot even reach any accommodation with our mates, and the real number is likely much higher, so imo everyone is weird to someone, and this seems to be a universal truth.
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."