Understanding the Trinity

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Understanding the Trinity

Post by crochet1949 »

RickD wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:
RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:Jenna -- are we contemplating or ending the subject? Just wondering.
i am not contemplating or ending it. if you wish to continue, thats great by me. definitely do not want to get into a long drawn out arguement though. that benefits nobody.
I know what you mean Jenna. We wouldn't want you to to be informed about a subject before arguing against it.

:lol:
Now RickD -- Please give this a chance. :wave: We're all Friends, right?!
Of course we're all friends. But Jenna is "special". She needs us to hold her hand whilst we walk her through this. :mrgreen:

I don't mind holding hands -- going in the same direction :)
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

I'd happily hold Jenna's hand as we're walking in opposite directions :ebiggrin:
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

RickD wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:
RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:Jenna -- are we contemplating or ending the subject? Just wondering.
i am not contemplating or ending it. if you wish to continue, thats great by me. definitely do not want to get into a long drawn out arguement though. that benefits nobody.
I know what you mean Jenna. We wouldn't want you to to be informed about a subject before arguing against it.

Of course we're all friends. But Jenna is "special". She needs us to hold her hand whilst we walk her through this. :mrgreen:
in other words, he thinks i am retarded, and yall are going to be my special ed teachers. y/:]
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:

statements like this are why i am not responding. while jokes are fine, sometimes they go a little too far. sarcasm and smart ass comments like this are not wanted during serious conversation.
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Jenna, please don't be offended, Rick is known for making very inappropriate jokes at the worst times.

Here is a song for you when I tell you something about Trinity.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

And I apologize, too. And you're right -- this is Supposed to be serious conversation. And not real complicated in the process -- I'm not a real complicated person. Some of these guys get into complex responses that I get lost in.

There are bound to be other comments -- but, hopefully we can have a serious conversation.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

Kurieuo wrote:Jenna, please don't be offended, Rick is known for making very inappropriate jokes at the worst times.

Here is a song for you when I tell you something about Trinity.
:pound: seriously, this was a good laugh for the night. :ebiggrin:
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

crochet1949 wrote:And I apologize, too. And you're right -- this is Supposed to be serious conversation. And not real complicated in the process -- I'm not a real complicated person. Some of these guys get into complex responses that I get lost in.

There are bound to be other comments -- but, hopefully we can have a serious conversation.
no need for your apologies, you did nothing wrong here. i know humor is good, but there is a line between humor and smart ass sarcasm. i am guilty of sarcasm too, though, but i try to hold it down when in serious conversations. guess i cant say the same for others though.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

Okay -- so -- shall we continue? In the morning -- It's late where I am.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:
jenna wrote:

statements like this are why i am not responding. while jokes are fine, sometimes they go a little too far. sarcasm and smart *** comments like this are not wanted during serious conversation.

How rude, and inappropriate!

I've never been so insulted in all my life! :crying:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:
RickD wrote:
jenna wrote: i am not contemplating or ending it. if you wish to continue, thats great by me. definitely do not want to get into a long drawn out arguement though. that benefits nobody.

in other words, he thinks i am retarded, and yall are going to be my special ed teachers. y/:]
Jenna,

I don't think you're retarded. Please stop making jokes. This is supposed to be a serious conversation. :wave:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:
Jenna, please don't be offended, Rick is known for making very inappropriate jokes at the worst times.
Inappropriate?

I think if you reread my "joke", you'll see it was quite appropriate, given Jenna's arguments against something she doesn't understand.

This world is going to hell, when reasonably intelligent people cannot appreciate properly applied sarcasm. y[-(

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Inappropriate?

I think if you reread my "joke", you'll see it was quite appropriate, given Jenna's arguments against something she doesn't understand.

This world is going to hell, when reasonably intelligent people cannot appreciate properly applied sarcasm. y[-(
This song here for you too Rick.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

crochet1949 wrote:Okay -- so -- shall we continue? In the morning -- It's late where I am.
yes we can continue anytime you would like. :wave:
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

Kurieuo wrote:
RickD wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Inappropriate?

This song here for you too Rick.

I had to go clear up to the original link to get youtube to come throuogh. "I Want to hold your hand". My Mom passed away this past Thursday night at the age of 98. Her wish was to fall asleep and wake up in heaven -- that's exactly what happened.

Humor comes in Strange forms sometimes. Between Kurieuo and RickD. -- sometimes I Really wonder. y:-? :roll: :wave: