Understanding the Trinity

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
thatkidakayoungguy
Established Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Understanding the Trinity

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:52 pm

jenna wrote:yes, but not for humans. for satan and his angels

Wrong, Revelation 14:9-11 clearly mentions that people who take the mark of the beast are tormented in hell for eternity, just like the beast, false prophet, and the devil.

goingsouth
Acquainted Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Postby goingsouth » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:10 pm

We know the names of God and Jesus. What's the holy spirits name? The holy spirit can be Jesus or a legion of angels. There's no such thing as a trinity. Jesus IS God...but God is yet greater. Jesus is not all powerful/omnipotent. Jesus is NOT omnipresent. Jesus is NOT omniscient. The trinity doctrine is what prevented me from becoming a minister. The church I was ministering for was trinitarian, and I wasn't, so I got out!
"The greatest impediment Christians have obtaining Truth is when they think they already have it."

crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Postby crochet1949 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:08 pm

The Godhead consists of God the Father, Jesus Christ His Son, and the Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:18 - 20

It's through the trinity / Godhead/ that salvation is made possible.

goingsouth
Acquainted Member

Postby goingsouth » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:20 pm

crochet1949 wrote:The Godhead consists of God the Father, Jesus Christ His Son, and the Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:18 - 20

There's no such thing as a "godhead" in my book. Salvation is not brought to us by a trinity. It is brought to us by the cross.
"The greatest impediment Christians have obtaining Truth is when they think they already have it."

goingsouth
Acquainted Member

Postby goingsouth » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:30 pm

crochet1949 wrote:The Godhead consists of God the Father, Jesus Christ His Son, and the Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:18 - 20

I would like to explain something in the verse you quoted...Mathew 28

verse 18..."And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth."

This verse appears to imply that Jesus is all powerful but it doesn’t. What Jesus is saying is that every kind of power is available to him. I say those powers come from God through the seven Spirits of God. If someone were to ask me who is the Holy Spirit I would say He is the Seven Spirits of God which emanates from God Himself.

The word ALL is probably the most misunderstood and mistranslated word in the bible. Grammatically speaking, when the word all is used without the article, it means, "every kind or every variety." I don't think God has always been understood as having just ONE power, but as One who has many powers.

Kurieuo
Technical Admin
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Postby Kurieuo » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:58 am

goingsouth wrote:We know the names of God and Jesus. What's the holy spirits name? The holy spirit can be Jesus or a legion of angels. There's no such thing as a trinity. Jesus IS God...but God is yet greater. Jesus is not all powerful/omnipotent. Jesus is NOT omnipresent. Jesus is NOT omniscient. The trinity doctrine is what prevented me from becoming a minister. The church I was ministering for was trinitarian, and I wasn't, so I got out!

It's good they didn't let you minister because it is such an important doctrine. For I'm sure you don't realise how, but if Jesus isn't God, then we're all still lost.

I'd recommend anyone, in doubt about the Trinity, watch the series of twelve videos here (including you going south, at I'd hate you to continue going south :P): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1mr9ZTZb3TWpnOJV09MuEAwbbQNCS6Qf
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

Return to “Christian Theology”