My Pastor has gone and done it.

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: My Pastor has gone and done it.

Post by B. W. »

Quran 4:168. Verily, those who disbelieve and did wrong [by concealing the truth about Prophet Muhammad and his message of true Islamic Monotheism written with them in the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)], Allah will not forgive them, nor will He guide them to any way, - (Tafsir Al-Qurtubi).

Tabari Vol 9, Number 1754 - "Treat women well, for they are [like] domestic animals with you and do not possess anything for themselves." From Muhammad's 'Farewell Sermon'.

Quran (4:3) And if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly with the orphan-girls, then marry (other) women of your choice, two or three, or four but if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one or (the captives and the slaves) that your right hands possess. That is nearer to prevent you from doing injustice.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/17543 ... greenfield

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35231046

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/01/its- ... -shameful/

http://www.infowars.com/sweden-syrian-m ... -her-face/

http://dailycaller.com/2015/10/23/swede ... pan-didnt/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -REID.html

Woman are not equal to men in true Islam:

Quran (4:11) Allah commands you as regards your children's (inheritance); to the male, a portion equal to that of two females; if (there are) only daughters, two or more, their share is two thirds of the inheritance; if only one, her share is half. For parents, a sixth share of inheritance to each if the deceased left children; if no children, and the parents are the (only) heirs, the mother has a third; if the deceased left brothers or (sisters), the mother has a sixth. (The distribution in all cases is) after the payment of legacies he may have bequeathed or debts. You know not which of them, whether your parents or your children, are nearest to you in benefit, (these fixed shares) are ordained by Allah. And Allah is Ever All-Knower, All-Wise.

Bukhari (2:29) - The Prophet said: "I was shown the Hell-fire and that the majority of its dwellers were women who were ungrateful."

Bukhari (6:301) - "[Muhammad] said, 'Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?' They replied in the affirmative. He said, 'This is the deficiency in her intelligence.'

Quran in Sura 4:34 ... If you fear highhandedness from your wives, remind them [of the teaching of God], then ignore them when you go to bed, then hit them. If they obey you, you have no right to act against them. God is most high and great.

Interesting bit of info here:

http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/ ... op_ten.htm
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Christian2
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Christian2 »

To those who asked for my notes.

My notes were based on the comments of the Muslims in the 6 videos.

I mentioned the one about "Arabic speaking Christians worship Allah" above and said it was misleading.

The other was a comment that Jews were treated better by Jews than Muslims. I told the Pastor I agreed for the most part, but the Muslim treatment of Jews was nothing to write home about and cited this site:

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/js ... (gen).html

The problem with my notes for the next 5 sessions, is that my notes will be based on the handouts and the comments from the narrator for that session and I haven't heard his comments yet. I've only read session 1 and 2. The second session is this Saturday.

I am putting together my comments on that session now.

The title of session 2 is: "Misconceptions about Islam."

One of the subjects will be about the Crusades. To understand the comments in the handouts, it was all the bad Christians fault. "Islamophobia helped to inspire the Crusades" -- really!!!

The handouts are written by Ben Daniel, mentioned above. What he left out is why the Christians entered the Crusades -- why did he do that? -- IMO, to make Islam look like a peaceful religion.

There are two articles I plan to point out on Saturday:

http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/ ... meline.htm

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/200 ... /52.0.html
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Your link is broke
Was it this one? The way the link is coded it breaks so copy and paste to browser...

[url=https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/js ... ).html[url]

Look at this one...

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/js ... njews.html
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Islam does not have the same God as Christians or Jews no - not at all - they deny Jesus

The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be." And he was. (3:59, Yusif Ali)

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";--but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not. (4:157, Yusif Ali)

O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His messengers. Say not "Trinity"" desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs. (4:171, Yusif Ali)

Christ the son of Mary was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how Allah doth make His signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth! (5:75, Yusif Ali)

The Jews call 'Uzair a son of Allah, and the Christians call Christ the son of Allah. That is a saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. Allah's curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the Truth! (9:30, Yusif Ali)

Sorry folks, hug a Muslim day is not a wise course...

Former Muslim and Saudi native Muslim Al Fadi stated in an interview on cbn Friday, May 11, 2012:

"Muslims know very well that the best way to conquer is not by the sword anymore...

...It's by infiltrating the societies, the political systems, and by basically taking their time to grow, to become a majority that at some point, they will have a voice that they can topple things basically to their advantage."

That was 2012. Jump ahead to 2015 recently in Fort Morgan Co when the forced Govt implantation of Somalian Muslims into a rural Colorado town and their demand that Meat packing Plant submit to their concept of prayer x 3 times a day interrupting production and deadlines that would cause dangerous spoilage to meat products and harm to consumers was barely heard on the news. They were fired and the flak still rises...

Add to this the fact in Europe, Muslim do not assimilate... In the USA they are on the friendly stage of the game... but as Fort Morgan and other places in the USA shown a different picture.

The Nativity of people is astounding and the pull the heart strings and feed and love your enemies message is skillfully played against by Muslims and the elites in this county and all western countries. This is called pitting your opponents own standards against themselves to win an advantage over opponents by weakening them. Satan tried this in the book of Job against God because God spoke that Job was a righteous servant... He did so tempting Jesus in the wilderness, he does so now through naive talk from fellow Christians...

Jesus said to be wise as a serpents and gentle as doves.

Jesus took a cord and whipped the abusers in the temple, how was that good?

He called the Pharisees sons of the devil - how was that doing good to ones enemies?

He is coming back to take vengeance upon enemies - how is that doing good to them?

Sometimes defending yourself against known enemies is the greatest good one can do for them - be wise - not naive...

Please discern the times and stop being play for a fool...

Eccl 3:2,3,4,5,6,,7,8
-
-
-

Ezekiel 33:6-9, But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet, and the people are not warned, and the sword comes and takes any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at the watchman's hand.'

7 "So you, son of man: I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore you shall hear a word from My mouth and warn them for Me.

8 When I say to the wicked, 'O wicked (dysfunctional) man, you shall surely die!' and you do not speak to warn the wicked (dysfunctional) from his way, that wicked (dysfunctional) man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand. 9 Nevertheless if you warn the wicked (dysfunctional) to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.
NKJV

The Hebrew word translated wicked means has various shades of meaning on being guilty of twisting into what is bad, wrong, dysfunctional, manipulative, devious, malicious, evil, wicked. Most often we think of wcked as pure evil. The root of this Hebrew word denotes what is dysfunctional and that is the idea in the text, being guilty of straying into all manner of dysfunction which causes all manner of woe, ruin, deception, destruction, seduction, etc and etc...

Made evident by clear evidence...
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Again, I want to emphasize: YES, we ARE to love Muslims and show them kindness, absolutely! But let's not hold back criticism from what they believe, per the Quran, that is false, or that leads to or causes evil behaviors and attitudes. These are two VERY different things. Yes, let's do so in love and diplomatically as well. But to act as if Islam is not dangerous, that many of the teachings of the Quran are destructive now, that they will lead to eternal separation, later - yes, to make people aware of these are the most loving things we can do. But it does matter how we go about those. I have seen way to much morphing of the legitimate concerns about Islam and those under it's influence so as to assert such is hateful or unloving of them. Yes, there are many whom cannot discern the differences, both amongst those concerned about Muslims AND those who despise them - that don't understand exactly WHO our "neighbors" are. There are two different kinds of Muslims - that is, a person who considers themselves a cultural one that is also a Christian (pretty rare!) - and probably this would be a new Believer in Christ, one whom has committed to following Jesus as their Lord. The others are Muslims WITHOUT Jesus - which are NO different that anyone else WITHOUT Jesus - as if they NEVER embrace him in faith, the end result will be the very same: Hell!
Christian2
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Christian2 »

B. W. wrote:Your link is broke
Was it this one? The way the link is coded it breaks so copy and paste to browser...

[url=https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/js ... ).html[url]

Look at this one...

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/js ... njews.html
I can't get it to work either.

Try this:

https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=008567959 ... gsc.page=1

Then click on: The Treatment of Jews in Arab Islamic Countries Jewish Virtual Library
Christian2
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Christian2 »

B. W. wrote:Islam does not have the same God as Christians or Jews no - not at all - they deny Jesus

The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be." And he was. (3:59, Yusif Ali)

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";--but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not. (4:157, Yusif Ali)

O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His messengers. Say not "Trinity"" desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs. (4:171, Yusif Ali)

Christ the son of Mary was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how Allah doth make His signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth! (5:75, Yusif Ali)

The Jews call 'Uzair a son of Allah, and the Christians call Christ the son of Allah. That is a saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. Allah's curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the Truth! (9:30, Yusif Ali)

Sorry folks, hug a Muslim day is not a wise course...

Former Muslim and Saudi native Muslim Al Fadi stated in an interview on cbn Friday, May 11, 2012:

"Muslims know very well that the best way to conquer is not by the sword anymore...

...It's by infiltrating the societies, the political systems, and by basically taking their time to grow, to become a majority that at some point, they will have a voice that they can topple things basically to their advantage."

That was 2012. Jump ahead to 2015 recently in Fort Morgan Co when the forced Govt implantation of Somalian Muslims into a rural Colorado town and their demand that Meat packing Plant submit to their concept of prayer x 3 times a day interrupting production and deadlines that would cause dangerous spoilage to meat products and harm to consumers was barely heard on the news. They were fired and the flak still rises...

Add to this the fact in Europe, Muslim do not assimilate... In the USA they are on the friendly stage of the game... but as Fort Morgan and other places in the USA shown a different picture.

The Nativity of people is astounding and the pull the heart strings and feed and love your enemies message is skillfully played against by Muslims and the elites in this county and all western countries. This is called pitting your opponents own standards against themselves to win an advantage over opponents by weakening them. Satan tried this in the book of Job against God because God spoke that Job was a righteous servant... He did so tempting Jesus in the wilderness, he does so now through naive talk from fellow Christians...

Jesus said to be wise as a serpents and gentle as doves.

Jesus took a cord and whipped the abusers in the temple, how was that good?

He called the Pharisees sons of the devil - how was that doing good to ones enemies?

He is coming back to take vengeance upon enemies - how is that doing good to them?

Sometimes defending yourself against known enemies is the greatest good one can do for them - be wise - not naive...

Please discern the times and stop being play for a fool...

Eccl 3:2,3,4,5,6,,7,8
-
-
-

Ezekiel 33:6-9, But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet, and the people are not warned, and the sword comes and takes any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at the watchman's hand.'

7 "So you, son of man: I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore you shall hear a word from My mouth and warn them for Me.

8 When I say to the wicked, 'O wicked (dysfunctional) man, you shall surely die!' and you do not speak to warn the wicked (dysfunctional) from his way, that wicked (dysfunctional) man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand. 9 Nevertheless if you warn the wicked (dysfunctional) to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.
NKJV

The Hebrew word translated wicked means has various shades of meaning on being guilty of twisting into what is bad, wrong, dysfunctional, manipulative, devious, malicious, evil, wicked. Most often we think of wcked as pure evil. The root of this Hebrew word denotes what is dysfunctional and that is the idea in the text, being guilty of straying into all manner of dysfunction which causes all manner of woe, ruin, deception, destruction, seduction, etc and etc...

Made evident by clear evidence...
I always liked this one:

This strongly indicates that Allah had never heard of the incarnation!!! Did he not know that Christians believe Jesus Christ is both human and divine so, of course, He had to eat food!

My hope is that the participates of these sessions who have never read the Qur'an or the Hadiths will start to do their own homework. Perhaps my "squeaky" voice will compel them to prove me wrong and then they will finally know what Islam and Muhammad are all about.
Christian2
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Christian2 »

Does anyone know approximately how many Muslims are radical?

At last week's session the pro-Islam speaker said there were 36,000 in 2009 and I think this is way, way off.

When we talked about the Crusades I was so upset -- "bad Christians, "innocent Muslims" -- that my hands started to shake -- which has never happened to me before. NOBODY did any research on the Crusades. I arrived with a folder about 1 1/2 inches thick and the rest of class came with their 3 page handout.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Christian2 wrote:Does anyone know approximately how many Muslims are radical?

At last week's session the pro-Islam speaker said there were 36,000 in 2009 and I think this is way, way off.

When we talked about the Crusades I was so upset -- "bad Christians, "innocent Muslims" -- that my hands started to shake -- which has never happened to me before. NOBODY did any research on the Crusades. I arrived with a folder about 1 1/2 inches thick and the rest of class came with their 3 page handout.
When you ask how many Muslims are radical, are you asking how many hold to a literal interpretation of the Koran AND are willing to carry out violence?

If you want, blame the crusades on the Catholics. Catholics aren't really Christians anyways. :mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Christian2
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Christian2 »

RickD wrote:

When you ask how many Muslims are radical, are you asking how many hold to a literal interpretation of the Koran AND are willing to carry out violence?

If you want, blame the crusades on the Catholics. Catholics aren't really Christians anyways. :mrgreen:
I am asking how many will carry out violence.

In addition, do you think Jesus would approve of the violence of Christians in response to the Muslim crusades? Was Jesus that much of a pacifist? Would Jesus approve of Christians taking up weapons to defend ourselves from physical harm?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Christian2 wrote:
RickD wrote:

In addition, do you think Jesus would approve of the violence of Christians in response to the Muslim crusades? Was Jesus that much of a pacifist? Would Jesus approve of Christians taking up weapons to defend ourselves from physical harm?
Asking how many will carry out violence is probably impossible to answer. Many are just waiting for the "right" time to become a martyr for their god.

And as far as if Jesus would approve of defending ourselves against a threat of harm or death, I personally could defend myself or my family with any means necessary. My conscience would be clear.

We had a thread going about this a little while back. Opinions were divided on this issue.

It seems that some believers have a conscience that would allow defending others, while some believers couldn't do it with a clear conscience.

While I'd like to think I would defend someone who couldn't defend himself, I don't take that to the extreme that some may. For example, I wouldn't attempt to walk into an abortion clinic to kill a doctor who is killing the innocent.

It's just a conscience issue, as far as I can tell.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Christian2 wrote:
RickD wrote:

Look to the founders.

Crusades started were about defending countries and states.
You know this, and the history of what happened. There is more at play than just "religion".

It just simply cannot be asked what would Jesus do, because He was about His Father's purpose.
We are not Jesus. Jesus would need not defend Himself. And when push came to shove, He didn't.

As Christians we should be about Christ's will. This means protecting the innocent, the weak.
At the same time we shouldn't so cling life that we're not willing to lay it down for Christ.

As for "peaceful" Muslims and the like, that's all good and dandy.
It has been said around 75-85% are peaceful and wouldn't support the likes of ISIS or violence.

Sadly, peaceful people are often irrelevant when the crap hits the fan. Bar some exception, peaceful people often just go with the flow. Just think back to Nazi Germany, all the peaceful Germans and people who just allowed Jewish people to be gassed and burnt. I very much agree with Brigitte Gabriel in this respect who gave an impassioned speech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry3NzkAOo3s
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Christian2
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Christian2 »

Kurieuo wrote:
Christian2 wrote:
RickD wrote:

Look to the founders.

Crusades started were about defending countries and states.
You know this, and the history of what happened. There is more at play than just "religion".

It just simply cannot be asked what would Jesus do, because He was about His Father's purpose.
We are not Jesus. Jesus would need not defend Himself. And when push came to shove, He didn't.

As Christians we should be about Christ's will. This means protecting the innocent, the weak.
At the same time we shouldn't so cling life that we're not willing to lay it down for Christ.

As for "peaceful" Muslims and the like, that's all good and dandy.
It has been said around 75-85% are peaceful and wouldn't support the likes of ISIS or violence.

Sadly, peaceful people are often irrelevant when the crap hits the fan. Bar some exception, peaceful people often just go with the flow. Just think back to Nazi Germany, all the peaceful Germans and people who just allowed Jewish people to be gassed and burnt. I very much agree with Brigitte Gabriel in this respect who gave an impassioned speech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry3NzkAOo3s
Thank you for the video. The speaker said 15% to 25% are radical.

This almost matches my research which is 7 1/2% to 25%.

I looked up Brigitte Gabriel to find her credentials. "Ms. Gabriel is one of the leading national security experts n the word providing information and analysis on the rise of Islamic terrorism."

This will be useful for the meeting tomorrow.

I wonder what the world would be like if the Christians had not chosen to fight Muslim aggression in the Crusades. How many Christians would be left?

I liked your thought when you said:
"As Christians we should be about Christ's will. This means protecting the innocent, the weak.
At the same time we shouldn't so cling life that we're not willing to lay it down for Christ."

Thanks.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Christian2 wrote:Thank you for the video. The speaker said 15% to 25% are radical.

This almost matches my research which is 7 1/2% to 25%.

I looked up Brigitte Gabriel to find her credentials. "Ms. Gabriel is one of the leading national security experts n the word providing information and analysis on the rise of Islamic terrorism."

This will be useful for the meeting tomorrow.

I wonder what the world would be like if the Christians had not chosen to fight Muslim aggression in the Crusades. How many Christians would be left?

I liked your thought when you said:

"As Christians we should be about Christ's will. This means protecting the innocent, the weak.
At the same time we shouldn't so cling life that we're not willing to lay it down for Christ."

Thanks.
I am thankful people are coming into understanding of what God means by protecting the innocent, the weak!

:amen:

Now we do hear a lot of the headlines - record number of Muslims coming the Jesus due to dreams, visions, and evangelism but is that really accurate or does it lure into a false sense of security?

I cannot find hard evidence of this, no facts, no figures as one has from the historical records of past revivals throughout Christian era that suggest this actually happening on the scale it is touted as happening in christian media land.

Yes, there are a few Muslims coveting and some dying in Muslims countries but the way the Christian media and blogasphere portrays it so many Muslims are coming to Christ that Islam will self destruct in Europe and elsewhere. However, facts and figures and real time events do not paint the same picture.

Does anyone have any hard facts and figures to support how many Muslims are becoming Born Again? I cannot find any only glowing reports that suggest it is but no hard factual data.

I do find data that reveals that the majority of Muslims will not convert to Christianity nor assimilate to a host country and lie in order to take over one slow step at a time. However, there does seem to be a small percent who do become born again but not in the numbers suggested by media hype. Is there any hard data on this anyone can find?

Forgive my skepticism but I do know how evil works to lull folks into false sense of security to let their guard down...

Blessings!
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Aside note to my post above...

There are approx 1.6 billion Muslims in the world...

Only approx 2 to 7 million are reported to be converting to Jesus Christ. This is the only hard evidence I can find on this matter. There is a large gap between 2 million and 7 million converting.

Factor in the 1.6 billion Muslims worldwide and those numbers are puny.

However, I praise the Lord for the 2 million that have become born again and a Hallelujah if it is 7 million - Amen!

But with 1.6 billion Muslims worldwide - that is a small drop in the bucket...

y:-?
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb: