My Pastor has gone and done it.

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Christian2
Advanced Senior Member

Re: My Pastor has gone and done it.

Post by Christian2 »

RickD wrote:
Christian2 wrote:
RickD wrote:
Christian2 wrote:
IceMobster wrote: Why do you not plan to attend? You can point this things out.
The purpose of the supper is social. I think I know a better way to point things out and that is to engage the Muslim lady in a dialog addressing some things in the books. This would be better done by email, but I don't want her to have my email address, so it should be done through the Pastor and I'm not sure he would do it. I'm working on it.
Can you just create a new email account to use for emailing her? Don't use your normal email address.
I do have a hot mail account under a different name, but I think I need the Pastor's cooperation because all members of this session need to read the conversation and respond and then I will unmasked.

I don't want the Christians to be taken in by these books. They have zero knowledge of Islam and even need help with the Bible interpretations.

This Pastor started something and I want him to finish it.
Are you really concerned that people there know it's you speaking up? Don't you have one foot out the door of that church anyways?

If I were in your shoes, and had a pastor teaching that kind of bs, I would make an attempt to say my peace, and let the chips fall where they may.
I am concerned about the Muslims knowing who I am and I don't need to explain why.

As for having one foot out the door, I have found myself not wanting to go to church any more and I hate that.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Christian2 wrote:
RickD wrote:
Christian2 wrote:
RickD wrote:
Christian2 wrote:
The purpose of the supper is social. I think I know a better way to point things out and that is to engage the Muslim lady in a dialog addressing some things in the books. This would be better done by email, but I don't want her to have my email address, so it should be done through the Pastor and I'm not sure he would do it. I'm working on it.
Can you just create a new email account to use for emailing her? Don't use your normal email address.
I do have a hot mail account under a different name, but I think I need the Pastor's cooperation because all members of this session need to read the conversation and respond and then I will unmasked.

I don't want the Christians to be taken in by these books. They have zero knowledge of Islam and even need help with the Bible interpretations.

Are you really concerned that people there know it's you speaking up? Don't you have one foot out the door of that church anyways?

If I were in your shoes, and had a pastor teaching that kind of bs, I would make an attempt to say my peace, and let the chips fall where they may.
I am concerned about the Muslims knowing who I am and I don't need to explain why.

As for having one foot out the door, I have found myself not wanting to go to church any more and I hate that.
Ah yes. I can see your worry about that.

And I know what you mean about church. I was soured a long time ago.

Just keep praying about both issues. If you feel you need to speak up, God will give you the strength. If you just want to leave, there's no shame in that. There are plenty of churches with pastors that preach heresy. There's no shame in leaving an unhealthy environment like that.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Christian2
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Christian2 »

RickD wrote:
Christian2 wrote:
RickD wrote:
Christian2 wrote:
RickD wrote: Can you just create a new email account to use for emailing her? Don't use your normal email address.

Ah yes. I can see your worry about that.

And I know what you mean about church. I was soured a long time ago.

Just keep praying about both issues. If you feel you need to speak up, God will give you the strength. If you just want to leave, there's no shame in that. There are plenty of churches with pastors that preach heresy. There's no shame in leaving an unhealthy environment like that.
I can't believe this!! I checked out another church in my area via the Internet -- the First Church of Christ -- decided to listen to a sermon by the minister -- in the sermon he said he invited a Muslim to the church to tell the congregation about Islam -- Islam 101. One sermon and this is what I got.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Christian2 wrote:
I can't believe this!! I checked out another church in my area via the Internet -- the First Church of Christ -- decided to listen to a sermon by the minister -- in the sermon he said he invited a Muslim to the church to tell the congregation about Islam -- Islam 101. One sermon and this is what I got.
Maybe it's time to move to a different state. y:-?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

My suggestion is that a person know God's Word well enough to take a firm stand on IT. It doesn't hurt to know the basics of various religious groups. But not to the exclusion of Bible. It's not a good idea to point out negatives about another religious belief system. Point out the Positives of Christianity. Use Scriptures as much as possible.
Christian2
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Christian2 »

crochet1949 wrote:My suggestion is that a person know God's Word well enough to take a firm stand on IT. It doesn't hurt to know the basics of various religious groups. But not to the exclusion of Bible. It's not a good idea to point out negatives about another religious belief system. Point out the Positives of Christianity. Use Scriptures as much as possible.
This is why I want to have a follow-up session -- to have a Christian response to the anti-Christian remarks in the books -- seems fair to me. Our thoughts could be sent to the Muslims, then we have an opportunity to witness to them and correct their misunderstandings.
Christian2
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Christian2 »

RickD wrote:
Christian2 wrote:
Maybe it's time to move to a different state. y:-?
Maybe Muslims put something in our water!? I'm hoping this is just a phase.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

As believers we are to share the Gospel of salvation to whomever God puts in our 'path'. There are people dying for their faith all the time. We Need to know God's Word -- something is said about the Koran / Allah / we can respond back with Bible / God. In a Positive, Loving, Caring way. People around us are watching to see how much of a stand we're willing to take. How important Bible / God Is to us. And we Do need to find a group of believers who stand for God's Word / encourage each other.
Christian2
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Christian2 »

Thank you to all who replied.

Thank you for the prayers and support.

Thank you for being here. You are a great bunch of Christians.